Revolt spreads, Californians don’t want sanctuary cities

abiG

The Last Iconoclast
Banned
Reaction score
...the city of Los Alamitos took the first step last month to fire back at the sanctuary policy, shattering the Golden State’s reputation as anti-Trump territory.

Los Alamitos Mayor Troy Edgar argued that his city was simply abiding by federal law.

“As a U.S. Navy veteran and a council member for 12 years, I feel very strongly that this is constitutionally wrong,” he said of the state’s sanctuary law, which took effect at the start of the year and spread sanctuary policies in effect for years in places like the Bay Area and Los Angeles. “I don’t think this is an immigration issue. But I take issue with the state stepping in the middle.”

Edgar said he wants to be clear that local law enforcement should cooperate with federal immigration officials to turn over undocumented immigrant criminals before they are released from jail.

“We just don’t want these people being released into the community,” he said.

After Los Alamitos acted, Edgar said he started receiving calls from other cities that wanted to follow suit. Eleven Orange County cities, including Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, San Juan Capistrano and Yorba Linda, have made — or are considering — similar moves, passing resolutions and ordinances or joining lawsuits challenging the policy. So has the Orange County and San Diego County boards of supervisors, and the San Joaquin County town of Ripon, Riverside County town of Beaumont and San Diego County city of Escondido.

http://www.investmentwatchblog.com/revolt-spreads-californians-dont-want-sanctuary-cities/

I am just wondering why this took so long and how we even got to this point. The whole sanctuary city thing never made any real sense to me.

Last edited:
Viva la Revuelta!

Diferencias-entre-una-revuelta-una-rebelion-y-una-revolucion-15.jpg

This OP gave me pink eye. Could you change it to a color that isn't about your obnoxious douchebag impulses, and link to your article, please? This is an interesting conflict between different levels of authority.

Back