*Revised* My Custom Neurotransmitter/Nootropic/Pre-Workout Formula

Fuck...This stuff is so far over my head its ridiculous. I want to get on some good supplements but dont know where to start and right now im basically just training and fighting with a good diet but completely neglecting the supplement aspect.

I need supplement taking for dummies.

Today I had about 2 1/2 g of piracetam without any eggs (usually have them for breakfast) to try and wake myself up because I didn't feel with it this morning.

Now, 3 hours later, I feel completely not there.

Take a choline source kids.

I keep a bottle of alpha-gpc in my desk at work for reasons such as what happened to you Ian. It's more expensive but it seems to work quite quickly and I only use it every now and then. It's also easier than getting up and walking all the way over to the sink to mix some lecithin with water, then drinking it, then walking all the way back to my desk when I can just reach into my drawer.

sigh I just made a rather lengthy post on the subject but it got lost it seems :mad:. Well, here's the cliff notes:

I take about 3g piracetam+6g lecithin with my dinner shake
I sleep better and I feel less groggy throughout the day (no need for coffee)
Get distracted less
piracetam tastes like death. Poisonous death. Like concentrated gasoline, which not even mixing with juice seems to help. Get it in cap form if it's not too expensive.

Otherwise, no side effects and the results were precisely what I was looking for. Good stuff guys

piracetam tastes like death. Poisonous death. Like concentrated gasoline, which not even mixing with juice seems to help. Get it in cap form if it's not too expensive.

Did you buy the Concentrated Gasoline Flavored kind? You should've tried Banana flavor.

Seriously though, I have some piracetam and Alpha GPC chillin in the fridge but I'm too scurred to mess with my brain chemistry. I keep pubmedding and looking at racetam studies to get up some nerve to do it but I never do. Do you know of anything definitive that can put me over the edge (like a long-term study of nootropic use, a scientific breakdown saying it's 1/10000 the effect of psychotropic drugs, etc.)?

Well, piracetam has been around for more than 30 years and there have been no deaths or weird side-effects in any population, ever.

The worst thing I could say is that no studies really say that any -racetam has a beneficial effect (measurable) on healthy adults. Preventing deteriorating conditions in people over 50? Yes. Slowing dementia? Yes. Improving cognition in people who have lost some mental ability due to age or some other degenerative condition? Yes.

Healthy youth? No, not that I know of. I haven't checked pubmed for piracetam since 2007 though so maybe some study has come out since then.

turbozed: I was also worried about the other racetam's making my brain act strange, so I ended up grabbing piracetam which seemed to be the least extreme and seems to have more testing on it than the others. From usage of it and then going off of it, there was definitely no withdrawal symptoms like a drug if that's what you're worried about, and I definitely didn't feel like it was messing with any integral thought process of my mind, and with exams coming up, I certainly don't need that!

NATURAL AMPHETAMINE STACK
-2-4 grams of Phenylethylamine or Chocamine
-L-Tyrosine in desired amount
-Sulbutiamine/Thiamine Disulfide in desired amount
-2 grams Glucuronolactone
-25 mg Ephedrine HCl
-200 mg Caffeine Anhydrous
-Vinpocetine in desired amount
-Ginko Biloba in desired amount
-Huperzine-A in desired amount

I've toyed with a similar formula for a new pre-workout drink. I've messed raound with NorSynephrine and 1,3dimethyl in there as well. What you have listed is a good stack.

I've been MIA from the forums for a while, but I'm beginning to see some supply issues with Piracetam that makes me think something funny is going on.

It's disappeared from most retailers (brick and mortar AND online), with most saying it's out of stock or on backorder. Nobody seems to know what's going on. Did a bulk supplier get pinched? Did Piracetam itself get banned?

I can't find word in EITHER direction...anywhere.

The supplies are just dry, everyone was buying from the same supplier. They no longer have it. I have a good amount of stock and still have it coming in without issue.

Hello everyone. I've been very intrigued by nootropics ever since I read this thread and I've been doing some research.

The lecithin people recommend is soy-derived. Does it then have the negative effects that regular soy has, such as lowering testosterone levels in males? As a substitute for the soy lecithin granules I was gonna go for choline bitartrate.

According to this study Erowid DMAE Vault : Journal Articles & Abstracts, DMAE can shorten your life. Should it then be avoided?

This is what I was thinking my stack was going to look like:

B50 complex
Huperzine A
Vinpocetine
Gingko Bilboa
Piracetam
Choline Bitartrate
ALCAR
Chocamine
L-tyrosine

The reason I'm adding a B50 complex, huperzine A, vinpocetine and gingko bilboa is because the Natrol Memory Complex includes soy-derived lecithin, so I have to its ingredients it from elsewhere. I haven't calculated the price yet but I don't think it's going to be that much more expensive.

The choline bitartrate dosage to 1,5g piracetam is about 500mg, right?

What do you think?

How much are you considering taking per dose and how many doses per day?

2,5 servings total per day:
0,5 servings in the morning (half the dosage listed below)
1 serving 0-45 mins pre-workout
1 serving post-workout.

Links to each of the items I was thinking of taking and dosages:

B50 complex
1 capsule/serving

Huperzine A
Size: 200 mcg
1 capsule/serving

Vinpocetine
Size: 10 mg
1 capsule/serving

Gingko Bilboa
Size: 120 mg.
1 capsule/serving

Piracetam
1 serving: 2,4 g

Choline Bitartrate
Size: 500 mg/capsule
For 2,4g piracetam: 2 capsules
For 1,2g piracetam: 1 capsule

ALCAR
1 serving: 500 mg
1 morning and 1 pre-workout.

Chocamine
Serving size: 1g
3 servings per day. 1 morning, 1 pre-w/o, 1 post-w/o.

L-tyrosine
Serving size: 2,7g
0,5 morning, 1 pre-w/o, 1 post-w/o.

Thanks for taking the time to help me out. I really appreciate it!

I would cut out a lot of that stuff for a few weeks, build up the level of piracetam in your system and see how that works out for you.
From that point on, add a single ingrediant and see how you respond after a few weeks.

I used to use the same choline variant as you but heard it was pretty much useless.
You can alternatively use lecithin or alpha gpc (which I am still waiting to come through the post to see if it makes a difference to me).
I've only just started (4 days) back on the piracetam, after having a attack dose for 2 days of 7g a day spaced into 3 doses (all dumped into a water bottle and drunk at intervals throughout the day).

What do you think of this stack to increase dopamine and concentration?
L-Tyrosine,L-Phenylalanine and Ginkgo Biloba

I'm goin with lecithin, gaba, l-tyrosine, dmae, and will experiment caffeine into it.. Probably will add B50 into it also.

I'm goin with lecithin, gaba, l-tyrosine, dmae, and will experiment caffeine into it.. Probably will add B50 into it also.

Why would you add an inhibitory neurotransmitter to a preWO nootropic stack?

Back