Review: Zepol Training Gloves

ClampXVII

Bravado Muay Thai Trainer
@Black
Reaction score
Original Link: http://www.trialbyfiremma.com/gloves/zepol-mexican-boxing-gloves-review/

Introduction:

Greetings and salutations readers! If you've been following my reviews than you'll know that I got a raw deal with the JC Pacheco gloves. 2 pairs of gloves and both were badly constructed, bad paint jobs, expensive, and time consuming. Juan (Technoir/[email protected]) been through just as much grief as I have in dealing with him but one thing that we haven't had problems with are the Zepol training gloves. They're the opposite of the JC Pacheco gloves. I'm pretty much in love with them. You can get these as stock colors or custom colors for an extra charge.

Fit & Feel:

The feel of the Zepols are freaking awesome. I love the fit and feel of them. They came out of the box feeling broken in. The hand compartment is just the right size for me. It wasn't too wide or roomy and the cavity is perfect once my hands were wrapped. I wouldn't suggest letting anyone use these gloves after you've broken them in. It'll only mess up the custom fit. One thing that I felt that could have been better was the wrists support. It's decent but I thought the wrists padding was too soft and too short.
This glove was constructed to be more front loaded than than evenly distributed like Cleto Reyes gloves. What that means is the majority of the weight is in the knuckle padding and not in the wrists. In fact, if I hold the glove by the cuff the glove will bend slightly. These gloves offer a little more flexibility than I'm comfortable with for lace up training gloves.

The part of the glove that I appreciate the most is the thumb and the palm bar. The palm bar is a bit thinner and softer in these gloves which is good. Its a good size if you have smaller hands and want to make the best fist possible. I found it comfortable compared to my JC gloves when making a fist and I appreciated how it didn't get in the way of clinching. I always jam my thumbs when I

Are you able to open your palm in these gloves? How do they feel for clinching?

yes, and mine are great they feall just as easy to open as my golden gear BGV1 air.

I got these for at their stock price. Juan wanted to help me out since the JC gloves came out super bad. I think I paid roughly $110 before shipping. I have to look at the invoice again.

Last edited:
Nice.

Im harassing Juan as we speak about Zepol gloves.

The quality of the Zepols training gloves are very good. The construction of the gloves is better than any Mexican glove I have owned before and this is counting my pair of Mexican Cleto Reyes, J.C Pacheco, and Double-A training gloves.

damn! what about Grants?

Hi

I think Double A are not Mexican boxing gear, I never heard about it here in M

damn! what about Grants?

Damn! I forgot about those since I haven't owned a pair of Grants in a long time. I'd have to say that the Grants probably take the cake then. I have to put Grants over Cletos. I'm just not a fan of those gloves.

Spot on review!

Personally, I would give it a 10 for looks. Custom colors, split colors, guitars and stars!

lol they're awesome looking gloves. I'm glad you liked it. I'm trying to think of a color scheme for headgear and gloves. like a combination of purple/black/red.

Nice!

I did a couple of quick mockups for you.

31906fe4c7b97b4425faacfcc9394766.jpg

d5e8b077a4707b48a9ed348cb0ffecd9.jpg

81a02c7f549603baca17d9883466a834.jpg

You're welcome!

I thought the color combo was odd, so I had to see for myself. They work well together.

I'm a big fan of dark purple. My fight shorts are always purple. It's a shame I couldn't make it my school color. I got shot down by everyone of my students lol :)

How did you get that template for mockups o.o? I'd love to experiment with that...

Also...are these zepol the same as thr ones with the circle logo...why do these look different. Just a bit confused.

Yeah no Logo. Just gold and black :)

OMG, that's a really nice mockup RSbreaker.
Can i ask you to make the same for me?
It has to match this fighting outfit (blue/orange/white)

Grant or winning, of course then it will have the hook n loop converter with it ;)

thanks if you can do something, and if you can't, thanks anyway!

Back