Review Your Hand Wraps!

What wraps are there that have the thin velcro attachment, instead of the giant slab? Also, I'd like them to be at least 180" and stretchy.

And yes, the thumb loops cuts circulation for me, and I stopped using it a long while ago.

i totally agree that the top contender wraps are way better than the ringside mexican wraps..total surprise for me. by far the worst wraps i have are the top king, they are slipperry and dont stretch enough. the best i have used are the grant mexican wraps. lookin forward to gettin some boon and hayabusa wraps

Fairtex hand wraps are made out of great material, very soft cotton that stretches quite a bit, I keep hearing complaints about the velcro but I just got my 3rd pair of Fairtex wraps and never had an issue with the velcro.

For the disagreements on the Ringside 180".....I picked up the black Ringside Mexican wraps sold for $1.99 on black Friday. They do not feel the same as the yellow Mexican Ringside wraps I purchased back in August.

The older yellow ones I have are fantastic and read like Clamp's description. The ones I got on black Friday don't even feel like mexicans wraps (no stretch) and sound more like BrokenNose's description.

For the disagreements on the Ringside 180".....I picked up the black Ringside Mexican wraps sold for $1.99 on black Friday. They do not feel the same as the yellow Mexican Ringside wraps I purchased back in August.

The older yellow ones I have are fantastic and read like Clamp's description. The ones I got on black Friday don't even feel like mexicans wraps (no stretch) and sound more like BrokenNose's description.

Which velcro style do those Ringside wraps have? A thin strip that runs across the center or a giant patch that runs the width of the wrap? I received two completely different Ringside wraps during the BF sale and it sounds like you got one of the crappier versions like me. At least one of them was the good one so all was not lost.

Which velcro style do those Ringside wraps have? A thin strip that runs across the center or a giant patch that runs the width of the wrap? I received two completely different Ringside wraps during the BF sale and it sounds like you got one of the crappier versions like me. At least one of them was the good one so all was not lost.

The giant patch. The wraps are not bad, but they do not have the "stretch" that my yellow Ringside Mexican wraps had. I have also noticed the slipping on the black ones that the TS mentioned.

Title classic mexican style handwraps

51pyZcVv65L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

180" of semi-elastic cotton and Spandex blend
$3.99

Great feel, they strech nice and form to your hands. Way more comfortable than my old everlast cottons. Highly recommend

The giant patch. The wraps are not bad, but they do not have the "stretch" that my yellow Ringside Mexican wraps had. I have also noticed the slipping on the black ones that the TS mentioned.

Well that explains everything.

Do the normal mexican wraps have a thin velcro strap?

I have tried a few different brands of and my favourite are the Title Boxing Mexican Style wraps. 180", good stretch, good thickness. Slab velcro (which I prefer, as opposed to the strip), and most importantly, when I wash them they don't get tangled and creased.

By contrast, the Ringside mexican style wraps are generally equal, with the exception that when I take them out of the wash, they are creased as hell. I have to roll them back up to prevent it from taking 10 minutes to get my wraps on. With the Title wraps, I can literally take them out of the wash and leave them unrolled and they are ready to go. I wash my wraps in a Tide bra bag just to clarify.

One more thing I forgot to mention was that my yellow Ringside mexican style wraps had the velcro attachment seams come loose within about 4-5 wearings. It's not a huge deal as I've worn them many times since then and it hasn't really affected their performance, but its kinda lame that the stitching came out so quickly.

Title classic mexican style handwraps

51pyZcVv65L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

180" of semi-elastic cotton and Spandex blend
$3.99

Great feel, they strech nice and form to your hands. Way more comfortable than my old everlast cottons. Highly recommend

I ordered two pairs of those a while back and got gold wraps instead of black. I only used them once or twice, because the color bled onto my hands after I worked up a sweat.

I got the black ones and never had this happen to me???? I guess it depends on the color

I ordered two pairs of those a while back and got gold wraps instead of black. I only used them once or twice, because the color bled onto my hands after I worked up a sweat.

Have you washed them then worn them since? I had that with my Hayabusa's, soaked them overnight and had a huge excess of dye come out and haven't had a problem since.

I regularly use Twins Special wraps, but a friend gave me a pair of Revgear's "Krav Maga" brand 180" wraps. They're durable, which I guess makes sense - he said a lot of people use them in lieu of gloves. I'm not sure if that's the best idea, but the wraps seem like they're made for it. And the velcro has held up to the washer, too.

(And they have the "this side down" feature, too...)

I had a friend of mine get me some top king handwraps when he went to Bangkok last year... all I can say is that they are the best handwraps I've tried so far

I had a friend of mine get me some top king handwraps when he went to Bangkok last year... all I can say is that they are the best handwraps I've tried so far

Any particular reasons the Top King wraps are your favorites?

dont like my top kings... they slip like a mofo and arent very stretchy..pretty as shit tho.. i want to try hayabusa, boon, and WAR

For reference, I use an MT wrapping style where I don't use the thumb loop.

Hayabusa: Too stretchy for my taste. I felt that by the time I wrapped them tight enough to bind my hand and give my wrist support, I was cutting off my own circulation. If you want a really soft wrap, and are not concerned with binding your hand, these wraps are for you.

Triumph United: I like the wide velcro strip. I don't much like the design pattern, but that's just personal taste. What I didn't like about them is the material is so thick, by the time I was done wrapping my hand, it didn't feel comfortable making a fist. Good wrist support with these, though.

Everlast 180": Actually my favourite. Just a little bit of stretch so they stay tight. Thin enough to make a fist easily. I wish they were a bit stiffer like the TU's, but I really like them.

Edit: Since I originally wrote this, I changed my wrapping style a bit so I don't have so much wrap around my palm. I love the TU wraps now, very thick, I get great wrist suport. They're my go-to wraps now. Still hate the colour pattern.

Last edited:
Back