Review of 'Fight 2 Finish' (F2F) hook and loop 16 oz. training gloves (USA)

hangulmalmotayo

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It's been a while, I've been busy with life, but I have been able to get to the heavy bag regularly.

I was sent a pair of F2F, made in USA training gloves to try out. Below is a brief review after using the gloves for approximately 130 rounds on the heavy bag.

The preliminaries: the glove itself fits extremely comfortably and has at least two layers of padding. I'd compare the fit to the Sabas SuperSoft. The gloves felt really nice after 20-30 rounds on the heavy bag. They are very balanced in terms of weight and are a pleasure to use. I'm not a huge fan of hook and loop, but these were fine. In terms of construction, they seem well made. I didn't notice any loose stitching or anything like that. The leather feels good; after 130 rounds, they still look brand new, which is better than some other brands.

I had my suspicions about whether these are actually made in the USA—but the guy who started the company is insistent that they are. And the tag inside of the glove says as much.

After about 80 rounds, or so, I began to notice that the padding was flattening out. The foam layers were a bit denser, but still, the gloves felt really good. Additionally, the padding has lasted longer than some other brands I've tried (which will remain unnamed here).

At about 100 rounds I noticed a split in the first layer of padding. I could feel it through the liner; at about 120 rounds, on my right-hand glove, I noticed a split in two layers of padding, which is when I effectively retired the gloves. Now, I could have continued using the gloves for a bit longer—probably without issue—but I didn't.

I'd say the gloves are ideal for sparring. They fit really well and are super comfortable. But I think comfort comes at the cost of durability. Nevertheless, if they're not being used on the heavy bag they'd probably last a while longer. I think this is the trade-off for gloves: if you want a durable glove on the bag, it's probably not going to be as comfortable.

That said, I would heartily recommend these as sparring gloves. If there is a change in padding material (which I think there might be a more durable version for the bag?), then this may be a good option on the bag, unless you have bag mitts, which are the best.

I'd compare the gloves to the Sabas Supersofts in terms of fit and feel. They're really comfortable gloves. I would not recommend them for sustained use on the heavy bag, though.

IMG_8689.jpg IMG_8688.jpg IMG_8687.jpg

I just looked at their website, I really like the shape they have, it's a very grant style shape.

It's great to read a review of an unfamiliar brand.

They are really expensive when not on sale... And they're still rather expensive when discounted by 50%.

Do you believe they're worth the price (a) at full price and, if not, (b) at 50% off?

It's great to read a review of an unfamiliar brand.

They are really expensive when not on sale... And they're still rather expensive when discounted by 50%.

Do you believe they're worth the price (a) at full price and, if not, (b) at 50% off?
I suspect the 50% off price is just their retail price. I could be wrong, though.

It depends on what you're going to use them for. For sparring, I'd say it is possibly worth it. For the heavy bag, definitely not.

Were these pictures from after they were used @hangulmalmotayo? Also, what bag mitts are you using these days on the heavy bag?
These pictures were after I used them, if I remember correctly.

I'm now on my second pair of Everlast 4305s (both pairs courtesy of @makedansure). The first pair were utterly destroyed and I'm hoping to write a review of them at some point in the future. I've just been super busy lately. Also, I want to do justice to the mitts.

These are the now-retired first pair: IMG_9393.jpg IMG_9391.jpg

These pictures were after I used them, if I remember correctly.

I'm now on my second pair of Everlast 4305s (both pairs courtesy of @makedansure). The first pair were utterly destroyed and I'm hoping to write a review of them at some point in the future. I've just been super busy lately. Also, I want to do justice to the mitts.

These are the now-retired first pair: View attachment 478753 View attachment 478755
Is there a big difference in functionality between those and then the modern equivalents of those mitts?

Is there a big difference in functionality between those and then the modern equivalents of those mitts?
What causes these particular mitts to stand out, in my opinion, is the type of padding that is used. I have so far not found among other bag mitts comparable padding. It has the feel of super dense foam that is maybe, at least in terms of feel, ~10% memory foam-ish. It's hard to describe but the padding on these mitts are really unique and perfect, in my opinion for bag mitts. They are also super durable.

Other bag mitts I have tried have padding that is too spongy or gel-like. The 4305s do not. As a result, they provide great feedback and the perfect amount of protection. It's a joy to use them.

I don't mind other mitts with thinner padding; the only sort of mitts that I absolutely avoid are the ones that are basically training gloves w/ 2" padding: BMINOs (bag mitts in name only).

What causes these particular mitts to stand out, in my opinion, is the type of padding that is used. I have so far not found among other bag mitts comparable padding. It has the feel of super dense foam that is maybe, at least in terms of feel, ~10% memory foam-ish. It's hard to describe but the padding on these mitts are really unique and perfect, in my opinion for bag mitts. They are also super durable.
so would you say they feel kind of like what's marketed as "orthopedic foam" in boxing gloves?

it'd be cool to see a pic of those Everlast 4305s side-on to see the thickness of the padding more easily. are they old enough to have been USA made?

so would you say they feel kind of like what's marketed as "orthopedic foam" in boxing gloves?

it'd be cool to see a pic of those Everlast 4305s side-on to see the thickness of the padding more easily. are they old enough to have been USA made?
No, far denser than orthodpedic foam.

Yes, I'll try to take a picture later along with the pair I've been using lately. In fact, I'll try to get a review of those up soon.

Oh, btw, they are USA made. It’s on the label though you can’t see it in the pictures.

Back