Review: KI International Double Weave Judo Gi

ThirdArmJJ

White Belt
Reaction score
I searched high and low for a review of KI International double weave Judo gi and couldn

2801892_m.JPG

Cuff to cuff (wingspan, if you will).

2801894_m.JPG

Pants length.

2801895_m.JPG

Pants cuff width.

Here are the measurements after a warm wash and run through the dryer on medium heat:
Sleeve width: 8

Nice review!
Thank you for that. I can't believe this gi is thicker than Howard's double weave.

How does it compare to Howard's double?

It doesn't feel too much heavier than the Howard, but there is a difference. Indeed, the Howard double is made from 26 ounce fabric compared to the 32 ounce of the KI. Fabric of the KI feels a little softer too. While heavy, it isn't overly stiff like my DAX Moskito double (had to pull that gi out of the washer mid-cycle and flip it around to wash the entire thing... what a pain). The collar on the KI is nice and stiff, though the Howard is undeniably thicker. The back seam on the KI is smaller to conform to IJF regs.

The sleeves are little wider and the skirt is longer on the KI gi compared to the Howard double, but they're very similar. I like the fit of the Howard and the low price of the KI. My next gi will probably be another KI double.

any updates on this Gi? how is it after training? thanks for the review, i just ordered one myself.

trained once with this Gi, seems to be pretty nice. Heavy but some what soft and doesn't feel like sandpaper! i like it so far. pants seem pretty good also. I like the plain look of it also :) this is my first double weave, my other ones are single weave. I think I will ask my girl to get me the blue one for christmas!

Bought the size 4 double last christmas, but only have been wearing it regularly to judo for the past three months. Has held up well. Really like the quality of the top. The top takes some getting used to due to its thickness/bulkiness compared to a single. This is more of a slim fitting gi in the waist compared to other judo gi's.

Overall great gi for someone on a budget. Especially during their holiday sales.

Last edited:
I think I paid like $85 and that was with shipping to NY. Best price for a quality double weave that I have seen. I'm definitely getting the blue one.

As for the pants, I found them to be a little long but 20 min. in the dryer and they fit perfect now.

I may have to get this gi, I always need a tough judo gi to train in, my bjj gis that I have used on occassion dont usually surivive judo without some damage. This one looks solid

edit: pants actually fit fine now after some maximum shrinkage and really pulling those drawstrings to get the waistband to draw.

Last edited:
I may have to get this gi, I always need a tough judo gi to train in, my bjj gis that I have used on occassion dont usually surivive judo without some damage. This one looks solid

My atama bjj single weave has luckily held up well through judo practices. In addition the baggy cut of the judo gi will also help your defense a bit.

You don't find them still baggy in the waist after shrinking? Shrunk the pants a good 4 inches(until it wouldn't shrink anymore) and still too wide(6-8inches slack) for my likes; but definitely still wearable, just gotta pull that drawstring up tight. Might try a few different ways of shrinking it further, otherwise getting the sides taken in, a few inches each side.

And at 5'6 150, 33 hip/waist the size 4 top fits right, so going a size 3 top wouldn't work.

mine fit fine, but then again i'm 5'8 and weigh about 180 and wear a size 34 waist. I also ordered size 4. the top fits nice almost tailored fit lol. If you get another maybe ask to get a size 3 pants with a size 4 top.

really? I would have thought jiu jitsu to be more rough on the gi's, is it from the throws in judo? I could image how a cheaply made gi could start to tear from a lot of judo throws. When i first started jiu jitsu there weren't a lot of jiu jitsu gi's to choose from and at the time and I owned a cheap tiger direct single weave judo gi. I noticed the pants would always get destroyed first before the tops in jiu jitsu class.

Needless to say I do recommend this gi, for the top it self is worth the money. 1-10 score, gi top-10, pants-8

I just placed another double weave Judo order with KI. They wouldn't do split sizing but they did take $14 off when I told them I didn't want the pants and only wanted the jacket. Too much like Karate pants.(imho) So I got the jacket for $55 +s/h. The KI double weave is currently the highest quality/ best deal I know of for a judo jacket. If you need pants, the best pants I have found are the Adidas Champion Judo pants.

I really wish these came in half sizes. Could someone let me know how much the sleeves shrank (sleeve to sleeve measurement)? I'm always buying gis and having them end up being way too short.

Another option for an inexpensive but nice gi are the Judo Unlimited double weave. I had one but it shrank too much and I had to sell it, but for under $90 shipped it was incredible. The inside of the gi was brushed cotton, so it was quite soft. It got somewhat stiff after hang drying, but it loosened up after a little bit in practice.

I really wish these came in half sizes. Could someone let me know how much the sleeves shrank (sleeve to sleeve measurement)? I'm always buying gis and having them end up being way too short.

Another option for an inexpensive but nice gi are the Judo Unlimited double weave. I had one but it shrank too much and I had to sell it, but for under $90 shipped it was incredible. The inside of the gi was brushed cotton, so it was quite soft. It got somewhat stiff after hang drying, but it loosened up after a little bit in practice.

Sleeves have actually shrunk as short as 55" but will stretch back out to over 58

Last edited:
Back