Review: Fuel Fight Gear Sparring Gloves

My reviews may not be genuine (to you)...but my personal reviews have nothing to do with the reviews of actual professional fighters that wear and like the gloves. They are not paid to do that and it is not in their best interest to promote Fuel gloves. They promote the gloves because they like them.

I've not yet seen a review anywhere (other than yours) to prove this.

I would say 90% of pros wear Ringside, Reyes, Grant or Winning. I see a fair amount of Lonsdale and Everlast too.

All the pros on the fuel website are unknown to me, and appear to be sponsored by fuel (which is fine by me).

All the companies listed above have dozens of independent reviews, and are worn by pros who can choose anything they wish for training. That's hard to argue with.

I have had mine for 9 months and they are holding up pretty well. My problem with this thread is everyone is defending the original poster when he was questioned by the owner. No need to attack a company like that. Maybe he was so defensive because the original poster whom we all respect was a bit biased in his opinion. You don't buy a new pair of tires and one go flat, and then come back and say well those tires just sucked. Also, half of you posters here ripping fuel fight gear more than likely have never used them yourselves. Your just saying well...he said so I believe it. However, as we all know the original reviewer of this thread stresses in most of his threads that gloves are personal, and need to be judged more less individually. I do concur that if you like cleto you will like these. They are not for everyone though.

I have had mine for 9 months and they are holding up pretty well. My problem with this thread is everyone is defending the original poster when he was questioned by the owner. No need to attack a company like that. Maybe he was so defensive because the original poster whom we all respect was a bit biased in his opinion. You don't buy a new pair of tires and one go flat, and then come back and say well those tires just sucked. Also, half of you posters here ripping fuel fight gear more than likely have never used them yourselves. Your just saying well...he said so I believe it. However, as we all know the original reviewer of this thread stresses in most of his threads that gloves are personal, and need to be judged more less individually. I do concur that if you like cleto you will like these. They are not for everyone though.

Wtf? We aren't ripping on anybody. What we are doing is questioning some suspicious posting activity happening in this thread by people that seem to be affiliated with Fuel Fight Gear.

Wtf? We aren't ripping on anybody. What we are doing is questioning some suspicious posting activity happening in this thread by people that seem to be affiliated with Fuel Fight Gear.

Umm...no you are now ripping on fuel fight gear. Go back over it. The only reason you are doing this is because he came back at the original poster. Most posts since have been saying negative things towards fight gear, and how they are not professional like gorilla and other companies. Plus..the initial review even if they are only two months old when he got them is ridiculous. Seriously...blasting a pair of gloves that are second hand is like saying a twenty old day piece of poo smells terrible. I say buy a newer pair that is unused and make a judgement from there. Otherwise, it is still blasting fuel fight gear, and the posters here have made it personal with him.

well, the reason why defending the original poster is that he has more reputable than this company on these boards...a large margin of the posters base their purchases on the reviews from Clamp...and doesn't seem like an attack of the company, but rather pushing the company to show off their gear further by having Clamp review it and prove how good it is

Umm...no you are now ripping on fuel fight gear. Go back over it. The only reason you are doing this is because he came back at the original poster. Most posts since have been saying negative things towards fight gear, and how they are not professional like gorilla and other companies. Plus..the initial review even if they are only two months old when he got them is ridiculous. Seriously...blasting a pair of gloves that are second hand is like saying a twenty old day piece of poo smells terrible. I say buy a newer pair that is unused and make a judgement from there. Otherwise, it is still blasting fuel fight gear, and the posters here have made it personal with him.

well, see now you are mixing 2 different issues. leave Clamp's review aside for a moment and just look at how FFG, with their bogus reviews and supporters, have conducted themselves. i mean seriously, it's insulting to us that they think that we are too stupid to question posters that created accounts just to defend their company. c'mon, how obvious is that? same goes for the little mini video reviews. those aren't reviews, those are advertisements by people that likely have ties to the company.

Clamp reviewed used gloves...blah blah blah. FFG didn't have to come on here and accuse him of making a bias review because they didn't give him gloves. i didn't take it as a bias review and clamp made it clear that the gloves were used. intelligent readers (us) know to keep that in mind when reading the review. if FFG would have just said 1) you reviewed a used pair of gloves so readers please keep that in mind and 2) we have made improvements on the glove with the X2 series so please check them out everybody would have respected that. however, they didn't and now we are all not only questioning the gloves themselves, but worse the company.

LOL thanks Long and others for having my back but I'm not interested in reviewing their new gloves. Not after a lot of what was said. I never went out of my way to rip the gloves or anything. It was just an honest opinion. I even said that the review was based on the original and that Fuel has a new model out. I was very unbiased when I wrote the review. If you go back and look at some of my reviews I have something bad and good to say about everything. Nothing has ever hit a perfect mark for me.

There is merit in reviewing something that is 2nd hand. It gives us an idea of what it will look like as time goes on. The gloves were in good enough shape to review, And yes there are people on here who buy new and used equipment on Ebay and Craigslist. There is nothing wrong with that what so ever as long as you are honest about the condition of them.

Check out what I bought off of Craigslist for $200.00. Brand new and never used.
100_2138.jpg

I'll break down what exactly I have a problem with:

I'd just like to address a few of the issues that you've had with the gloves.

I would never recommend buying equipment (especially gloves) used, or second hand as you can never know just how much use or abuse they have been through, and this can be unsafe.
I've read quite a few posts that buy second hand, so it's not like Clamp discovered new grounds when purchasing used. Clamp did this as people were curious about the glove, and he wanted to see if SpaceViper was making legit claims. Additionally, it's not like most schools replace their gear periodically, so many members of schools don't spar with the newest of gloves anyway. While I agree with the statement about safety first, the gloves were only used for two months prior to purchasing.

These are specifically designed for sparring and as sparring gloves, are not to be used for bagwork as it changes the shape of the padding and can result in injuries (such as thumb jams if the top begins to flatten).
Majority of glvoe reviews test gloves both on the bag and in the ring. While everyone knows you should own one pair dedicated to each practice, many readers still prefer to know how they're sparring gloves will fare against the bag, the mitts, and someones face. Again, Clamp isn't doing anything out of the norm by testing the FFG's in different areas. If anything he's going above and beyond for his readers.

You mentioned that the color is nice, and you like the look, but in previous posts in other threads you've stated that they were "crappy looking".
The gloves ARE crappy looking in the prior posts, and DO look good in his pics. How is this an insult that in person he found the gloves to be more appealing then pics taken for the web?

As for some of the other minor complaints you've mentioned, this was one of the first gloves that we released, and we've fixed just about every negative thing that's been reported to us. These changes included thicker thumb padding, a thicker, stiffer cuff, and a new lining made up of special FLEXarmor material that is very resistant to tearing.
If these are the first gloves you released then obviously you must be aware of the problems with this pair. I do understand however that problems with the first edition --be it books, cars, anything-- is not unusual. What's unusual is a company throwing a fit over someone complaining about gloves that needed improvements, IMPROVEMENTS YOUR COMPANY RECOGNIZED, ACKNOWLEDGED, AND MADE CHANGES TO. So the gloves your customers said need improvements are the same gloves Clamp says needs improvement, but you throw a fit because those recommendations are publicized on a highly read forum.

One more very important thing that you left out is that we have a warranty, and replace the gloves free of charge, should any of these things happen within the first six months of purchasing.
This is actually really cool of you guys, and I respect this. Most companies will take care of their people up to 90-120 days, so 6 months is very nice.

We do feel that this negative review may have been because you requested a free pair for review, which we could not provide. We offered wholesale pricing at $55, which you stated you "would never spend on a glove you don't even like the look of", and then proceeded to mock that this was "'wholesale price'". Just to make you aware, Everlast wholesale pricing on all pro sparring gloves is higher than that.
So not only does FFG go out of their way to score double yellows, but they also go out of their way to create multiple accounts to defend their brand name. Additionally, instead of saying, "you know what, our first batch sucked, we know, but check out our newest lineup," they would rather accuse Clamp of bias. You do realize if Clamp is biased then he loses all credibility, which in turn affects our (me, Clamp, Gonzaginator, and ECS123's) website, right? He has more to lose by being biased then he has to gain by writing a fake review. I don't think FFG understands their company has more to lose by parading around the internet calling foul and making accusations when someone says their product is mediocre. What doesn't make sense is FFG even recognized the gloves needed improvement, and yet here they are making accounts and accusing Clamp of lying.

We hold customer satisfaction as the most important virtue of our new company.
Again, you bought them 2nd hand, and I'm not sure who you may have gotten them from because we have stayed in close contact with all of our customers, especially any who have had issues.

Here is a review that someone surprised us with yesterday before we even noticed this thread. If you don't like the gloves, great; don't wear them, but don't discourage us or our customers from giving us a try. We're not the type of company that would leave someone unhappy.
You're the type of company that would create multiple accounts and insult long time members of this forum.

This review was for our new and improved model, the Fuel X2 Sparring Gloves. We even offer the Fresh Fighter Program now which is a loyalty program where you can purchase the new X2's for only $39 down and $10 per month after that. Every six months you will receive a "Fresh" or brand new pair of gloves in the mail. This ensures that you always have new equipment that is never worn or dangerous to use.
What do you mean by fresh? Slightly used? What kind of heathen would want used gloves? It's unsafe!
Also, you're charging $50 for the first two gloves. Not a bad price at all.

I admire FFG's long-term commitments to the customer: monthly installement plans, new gloves every six months, warranty, customer contact, etc.
What I don't like is their immediate accusations, they're multiple accounts, and their illogical arguementative points ("our gloves that needed improvement aren't to be insulted by anyone ever").

I think this has such a huge backlash not because of Clamp's negitive review but the way Fuel was defending themselves. It is perfectly logical that Fuel Fight Gear stands behind their products as any company should. However the way they went about it was like a bratty child. Having a rebuttal especially for critiques of your improved product is warranted but knocking a respected member of this forum is a sure way to get blasted. I do lots of gear reviews and I have been reading the Trial by Fire guys reviews for a long time and definely respect their opinions. I feel the only way to clear the besmirched name of Fuel Fight Gear on these forums is to send Clamp and myself new pairs of your improved gloves that way every one can see if you are a reputable company that stands behind your products and prove that you can put your product where your mouth is so to speak:D All joking aside sending out a couple of free pairs is Fuel Fight Gear's best chance to clear the air.....IMO

I'll break down what exactly I have a problem with:

I've read quite a few posts that buy second hand, so it's not like Clamp discovered new grounds when purchasing used. Clamp did this as people were curious about the glove, and he wanted to see if SpaceViper was making legit claims. Additionally, it's not like most schools replace their gear periodically, so many members of schools don't spar with the newest of gloves anyway. While I agree with the statement about safety first, the gloves were only used for two months prior to purchasing.

Majority of glvoe reviews test gloves both on the bag and in the ring. While everyone knows you should own one pair dedicated to each practice, many readers still prefer to know how they're sparring gloves will fare against the bag, the mitts, and someones face. Again, Clamp isn't doing anything out of the norm by testing the FFG's in different areas. If anything he's going above and beyond for his readers.

The gloves ARE crappy looking in the prior posts, and DO look good in his pics. How is this an insult that in person he found the gloves to be more appealing then pics taken for the web?

If these are the first gloves you released then obviously you must be aware of the problems with this pair. I do understand however that problems with the first edition --be it books, cars, anything-- is not unusual. What's unusual is a company throwing a fit over someone complaining about gloves that needed improvements, IMPROVEMENTS YOUR COMPANY RECOGNIZED, ACKNOWLEDGED, AND MADE CHANGES TO. So the gloves your customers said need improvements are the same gloves Clamp says needs improvement, but you throw a fit because those recommendations are publicized on a highly read forum.

This is actually really cool of you guys, and I respect this. Most companies will take care of their people up to 90-120 days, so 6 months is very nice.

So not only does FFG go out of their way to score double yellows, but they also go out of their way to create multiple accounts to defend their brand name. Additionally, instead of saying, "you know what, our first batch sucked, we know, but check out our newest lineup," they would rather accuse Clamp of bias. You do realize if Clamp is biased then he loses all credibility, which in turn affects our (me, Clamp, Gonzaginator, and ECS123's) website, right? He has more to lose by being biased then he has to gain by writing a fake review. I don't think FFG understands their company has more to lose by parading around the internet calling foul and making accusations when someone says their product is mediocre. What doesn't make sense is FFG even recognized the gloves needed improvement, and yet here they are making accounts and accusing Clamp of lying.

You're the type of company that would create multiple accounts and insult long time members of this forum.

What do you mean by fresh? Slightly used? What kind of heathen would want used gloves? It's unsafe!
Also, you're charging $50 for the first two gloves. Not a bad price at all.

I admire FFG's long-term commitments to the customer: monthly installement plans, new gloves every six months, warranty, customer contact, etc.
What I don't like is their immediate accusations, they're multiple accounts, and their illogical arguementative points ("our gloves that needed improvement aren't to be insulted by anyone ever").

This is kind of how I would see it, but this thread lost track real fast. I wanted to stay focused on the gloves. I have had crappy customer service from TITLE MMA as of recent, but their products are solid. I think we need to see the new ones in action. I can't afford them or I would give some photos and opinions on them myself. I think we should go back to focusing on the product though. I would also like to say that the original thread is started by someone whom I have used as a guide for buying gear from just in case he thought I was ragging on him. If we didn't have such reputable posters and reviewers here the mma companies in my opinion wouldn't of blown up like they have. Personally this forum and other mma sites made rival. Not the boxing forums. They are going to make or break fuel fight gear as well.

If they're as dedicates to customer service as they claim, I don't see why the products don't speak for themselves. Someone should post a review on their new Fuel x2 gloves... someone with MORE than 3 posts and a registration date other than June 2011.

Hahaha! It's a good thing I'm only curious about gear and not other things ;)

Haha I was browsing around and I saw this picture from this review. If you're thinking of making gloves like Fuel Fight Gear I wouldn't recommend it. Boxing Gloves - Detailed info for Boxing Gloves,Boxing Gloves,Boxing Gloves,KBG-135 on Alibaba.com I think so many of their good reviews are being paid. Even the reviews on other sites seem bullshit. I'm not calling anyone out but the gloves are crap so call it like it is and stop exchanging good reviews for free gear. Someone is always gonna check your work.

you can send me a pair to review, in exchange a banner add for a month, and i'll make sure the link in the product points to your site. however as a warning if these do feel like a pair of cleto reys gloves your not going to get a great product review from me as i personally hate cleto reys gloves, i hate jamming my thumb, and hurting my hands (as i never like wrapping them), if you have gloves that offer good knuckle protection, wrist support, and have a velcro strap send them my way as those are my style of gloves.

Funny I was just reading this thread yesterday. Fuel fight gear seems to have been rebranding as ediroc, whatever that means

Ediroc Sportswear

they have a pretty well liked facebook page for what thats worth. They also seem to sponsor a lot of fighters now.

They charge $200 for something called "THE EDIROC HYPERVELOCE PRO"

Funny I was just reading this thread yesterday. Fuel fight gear seems to have been rebranding as ediroc, whatever that means

Ediroc Sportswear

they have a pretty well liked facebook page for what thats worth. They also seem to sponsor a lot of fighters now.

They charge $200 for something called "THE EDIROC HYPERVELOCE PRO"

If people cannot pronounce it, they will buy it. Because it might be from the future. :eek: haha

Back