REVIEW: Dollamur/Swain Flexi-Roll Mats

I have a 24x24 one that I use when I teach at APSU. They are nice but I'm not crazy about using mat tape. I love the Zebra Tatame set up at our school a lot better but these are great for home use. I find the Dollamur to be a little on the slick side for my liking.

www.SSFgear.com

As a quick addendum, one frustrating thing with these mats is that the tape they gave me really has a hard time staying stuck on. 2 minutes into a roll and the mats are separating. Has anyone come up with a solid solution to this?

Well, I read this thread a while back and I've rolled one some of these mats before and they felt really great.

This last weekend we had a fight event here in town and my fight team took the mats to the place for the fighters to warm up on, and they didn't have a truck big enough to take them all back, and mine had a bed cover and so I offered to take them home and hold them for the weekend. They were some old century mats, so we laid down 2 of them to make a 10x10 and me and my roommate rolled and it was badass having mats in our house, that we unfortunately have to take back to the gym today. :( lol

Then comes today, I'm looking on EBAY randomly to see prices on mats and come across 2 different auctions for 5x10 dollamur mats, and decide to bid on both of them. Well I ended up winning 1 black 5x10 and 1 red 5x10, 1.25" thickness, for a grand total of $272 for both of them SHIPPED! I'm pumped, I almost bought them straight off of their website for $500 shipped on 2 5x10's. I can't wait for them to come in, and I'll probably make my own little review as soon as they do. :D

I had these same mats for about 2 years. They held up great, and are excellent home mats. I didnt like the textured ones, because the tape wouldnt stick to them. Now I have Zebra mats, which are worlds better, but much more expensive.

I had these same mats for about 2 years. They held up great, and are excellent home mats. I didnt like the textured ones, because the tape wouldnt stick to them. Now I have Zebra mats, which are worlds better, but much more expensive.

Which ones are Zebra? Is that a different company?

I would like to know where I can get soem in Canada cause other wise its not worth it cause the crazy shipping cost , would like to know where to find some but no luck yet my gym does not know where to get them.

I Got two 4'x6'x1.5" making a 8'x6'x1.5" mat when they are taped together (with duct tape), these mats are soft and very portable i have them stored upstairs under a daybed, they fit under it perfectly even while rolled up. When i want to use them i roll them out on the deck and wrestle, mop 'em, roll 'em up and put back upstairs. It's a little small put it sufficient for live wrestling and drilling since its about the size of a practice circle.

I agree. I've tried the Swain and the Zebra ones. They are both almost the same but the smooth texture on the zebras is better. Also the Zebras are a little cheaper on Budovideos too.

i got my flexiroll 2 5x10s last month. Sure i payed full ticket at 425 shipped but Ive got 2 words for the bargain hunters.... DESERT CAMMO! But yeah they are great mats for doing drills or practicing your favorite YOU-Tube special at home.

Back