Review: Defense Soap and Defense Soap Essential Oils

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by ROwens1182, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ROwens1182 Guest

ROwens1182
    After realizing I had broken out in a real bad case of what looked like ringworms I sawsomeone on Sherdog had mentioned Defense Soap. I ordered the bar soap and the essential oils and it came out to about 20 dollars after shipping. In my opinion you are better off ordering 2 things from them cause shipping for just one item is a deal buster to me. I ordered on a Friday and received them on Monday. Within a week Almost all of my ringworm looking spots disappeared. The ones that didnt disappear are almost gone too. The bar soap smells like most "organic" or natural soaps you will find in the store. Nothing to smelly or girly. The essential oils is made from eucalyptis and tea tree oil so it smells pretty strong. Sucks for my wife but it seems to work. I highly recomment these two items for anyone worried about catching any type of skin infection.

2. joeyd77 Orange Belt

joeyd77
    Good to know. I was going to bring a bar with me to Thailand just as a precaution. I'll be doing mostly MT but I'll be rolling 2-3 times a week and I definitely don't want to see any clinics or doctors over there.

Cheap insurance.

3. ROwens1182 Guest

ROwens1182
    Definitely, next time I order I am probably going to get some of their wipes as well.

4. cheath Blue Belt

cheath
    I'll get the wipes next time I order also. But this stuff can't "cure" ringworm can it? I thought it could only prevent.

I had a case of poison oak which I thought was some fungus, so I went ahead and ordered some before knowing it was poison oak. But I'm glad that I have it now, as it makes me feel safer.

I will say though, that I believe the bar soap irritated my skin as it may have dried it out or something. I just noticed I was getting really itchy in certain areas after using it 3x per week. I switched to my liquid gel and haven't noticed that anymore. Although the gel doesn't foam up as much as I'd like to see.

But yeah, you're definitely better off buying more as shipping makes it worth it. I'm just trying to find out 1) was it the bar soap that was irritating me and 2) which gives more uses, the bar or the gel.

Good product though...small price to pay for peace of mind!

5. ROwens1182 Guest

ROwens1182
    I know it says you shouldn't use it as a cure for ringworm, but for some reason it has been working for me. I have one area left that is healing. So either it's the oils or the bar soap that is taking care of them. Either way I love it. 20 dollars for a piece of mind is a lot better than copaying for a doc visit plus meds.

6. Rippetoe Lifter Orange Belt

Rippetoe Lifter
    I'm definitely gonna try it out its worth a shot. i hate cooties.

7. lowCofG Green Belt

lowCofG
    the healing salve w/ oils is also money for mat burns, scratches, and whatnot.

I can't say a bad word about any of their products, and I've always had very quick, reliable service from them, too.

8. Aoshi1 Orange Belt

Aoshi1
    A little late on reading this one, but I had always been intrigued by Defense soap, after seeing all the ads in all the MMA mags. Good review.

9. kenneth26 White Belt

kenneth26
    You will try this one and i am definitely 100% sure that you get positive result in a very less time. Go for it.

10. Tone C Red Belt

Tone C
    Any particular reason why 1/2 of your posts are about defense soap?:wink:

And if nothing else please stop bumping 4 year old dead threads to say 'Oh,yea,it's great'.After 4 years the bloke has hopefully either avoided cooties or figured out how to get rid of them.

11. Buffmedic01 Orange Belt

Buffmedic01
    Tea Tree Oil has been shown to increase estrogen levels in men... if you start getting "tempermental" you may want to tone down your use of it. Nizoral shampoo will kill most fungus and bacteria that you get from rolling as well, you can get it at cvs or walmart.
    Great if you have dandruff too, I don't, just saying.
    Buy Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo online at CVS.com

12. rwmma Yellow Belt

rwmma
    Is this preventive? or is it something u use once you got it?

13. Defense Soap Orange Belt

Defense Soap
    Tone C,

Kenneth26 is not affiliated with us but I sure do enjoy his positive posts. I always post with my name or Defense Soap. We plan on being around a long time and do not want to ruin our reputation. We busted one of our competitors doing it and it really made him look bush to say the least. I would rather make a customer out of you by giving my soap to try first. If you like it you will come back.

The reason we cannot say the word cure is a little thing called the FDA. We play by the rules. It is awesome when a customer says it for us.

We have about 300 sample requests pending but is you would like to try our shower gel for free shoot me an email at Defensesoap@msn.com with your name and address. Please mention this thread.

Guy
    Defense Soap

14. Tone C Red Belt

Tone C
    Okay,I have just got fed up with people that rarely post here going into 4 year old (various)threads and bumping them or starting new threads about a product(not in this instance though obviously)....it kinda raises the hackles and alerts the 'suspicious activity' warning in my pea-like brain....

Thanks for the offer of free soap but as I am a Brit it would be:
    A.Unfair to expect you to ship it here.

B.Not that great business sense as I cannot find anyone who sells it over here,the company that did do it sends me to a '404' error page.So even if I tried it and liked it and wanted to put a review up in the UK it would be difficult to purchase it here :icon_sad:

C.That said,Meerkatsu has already reviewed it in the UK and his opinion carries more weight than mine I suspect.. :icon_lol::icon_sad:

D..Being a Brit our hygenie regards to our teeth is already suspect and obviously that carries across to the rest of our bodies....shame you guys don't do toothpaste though....

Thanks for your reply and the offer though.How about letting another regular on G and E have a go at it please and see what they think?

15. Defense Soap Orange Belt

Defense Soap
    Tone C

We have customers all around the world. It would be our pleasure send you a sample across the pond.

Guy
    Defense Soap

16. Michael10 White Belt

Michael10
    Even i have Defense soap products for treating skin infection and my doctor was just amazed after seeing its results. Its truly awesome within a week my infection was gone.

17. Championstuff Purple Belt

Championstuff
    Its good stuff. Doesn't smell good by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't buy it for the smells