REVGEAR EQUIPMENT REVIEWS

Revgear offered me a wholesale account with prices HIGHER than what their stuff sells for on Amazon. When I brought it to their attention, they offered to match the Amazon pricing.

That company can suck my right nut.

Revgear offered me a wholesale account with prices HIGHER than what their stuff sells for on Amazon. When I brought it to their attention, they offered to match the Amazon pricing.

That company can suck my right nut.

thats surprising, I wonder if the stuff on amazon is fake? I know theres a ton of fake stuff being sold on ebay. I purchased some shinpads a long time ago that were supposed to be windy, that turned out to be some other unknown brand with a windy patch glued over it. All of their gear is very high quality, i was actually surprised as I didnt know much about revgear prior, thinking they were primarily a mma bran. The only exposure i got to them was some of their cheapy shinpads my coach used to wear, i could feel his shin straight through them. turns out its because it was shinguards for kids lol. I noticed they seem to be pushing hard for their MT line of equipment. A ton of gyms are carrying their stuff and alot of guys are using it now. Im really happy with the quality of all the gear. However I can undestand why you wouldnt like them after what happend, thats whats weird is I am now seeing alot of gyms carrying nothing but revgear bags and pads, so they are obviously doing "gym deals". Given that I work with them now and the gear is high quality, i figured I would most likely use them for all my gym equipment once I open my own. theres 2 branches, revgear europe, and the revgear head quarters in california. I am not trying to defend them, it just strikes me as really strange that they would try to pull a fast one on you like that based off my experiences with them, they have been nothing but nice.

The stuff on Amazon is listed directly by Revgear. The wholesale representative even acknowledged it when I spoke with them.

I wasn’t looking to buy a few things either, but thousands of dollars worth of gear. I ended up buying 32 outslayer bags instead. Best bags, better price, and way better customer relations.

We were working directly with James Sommers.

"Gym deals" vs wholesale are two different worlds. If you don't have an EIN, very few places will allow you to start a wholesale account. I've had positive whole sale experiences with:

Title
Ringside
Ring to Cage
Outslayer
Fringe Sports

Revgear was essentially the only negative experience we've ever had. To quote us literally higher than retail pricing for thousands of dollars in gear is beyond poor business and was insulting.

I highly suggest starting wholesale accounts with the other major brands, and if you don't have an EIN to get one. I think you'll be shocked at how much money you can save when starting a gym.

rev gear isnt even high quality is low/mid quality at best sadly though today mma gear is dead u dont see new fairtex windy gloves mma gloves shorts coming out idk whos all to blame ufc due to no sponsorships prob

rev gear isnt even high quality is low/mid quality at best sadly though today mma gear is dead u dont see new fairtex windy gloves mma gloves shorts coming out idk whos all to blame ufc due to no sponsorships prob

I didnt know much about revgear prior to receiving their products. I always just thought of them as an MMA brand and never looked into them much. My only experience with them prior to this, was my old coach was using some of their kids shinguards, which hurt like hell when he kicked me. At the time I didnt know they were kids shinguards, and I thought to myself man, those shinguards are thin. I now know they were kids shinguards which explains why they were so thin.

In regards to the quality of the Revgear equipment I have now, I would say it is all high quality gear. The gloves, shinpads, bellypad, headgear, and thaipads are all very nice. I have their Thai Line of equipment, so it may be different than their others, but as far as the Thai Line goes, its pretty obvious they are trying to make high quality stuff.

in 2012 i got a pair of black valetudo shorts on sale for 20 bucks and my god were they of garbageeeeeeeeeeeeee thick stiff material looks like granny pantys

Nice reviews!

Seeing as other people are commenting, my friend had a pair of Revgear gloves around 2012 or 2013, padding split through the middle of them over the fist after a couple months. He got a replacement but the same happened again. My only (vicarious) experience with the brand though.

in 2012 i got a pair of black valetudo shorts on sale for 20 bucks and my god were they of garbageeeeeeeeeeeeee thick stiff material looks like granny pantys

Nice reviews!

Seeing as other people are commenting, my friend had a pair of Revgear gloves around 2012 or 2013, padding split through the middle of them over the fist after a couple months. He got a replacement but the same happened again. My only (vicarious) experience with the brand though.

yeah my only experience with the company is with the equipment i have, from their "thai line" and its all very nice stuff. I am really surprised to see so many negative reviews on both the quality and customer service from them.

yeah my only experience with the company is with the equipment i have, from their "thai line" and its all very nice stuff. I am really surprised to see so many negative reviews on both the quality and customer service from them.
might be just that they're better now than they used to be

might be just that they're better now than they used to be

i think it also depends, i saw my old coach using their kids gear, not knowing it was kids gear, and thought to myself man, that stuff is no good.

quite amazed to hear the stories of both poor customer service and poor quality equipment because my experience has been the total opposite.

I really like the thai pads, i have been searching for something like them for a while, perfect combination of a thai pad focus mitt hybrid. but its still much more of a thai pad.

My only experience with Revgear is a pair of 16 oz Sentinel S3’s and a pair of Spartan shorts. I like the S3’s; had them for just over 8 months and they’re holding up well. Stitching is good quality, gloves felt broke in and ready to go when I got them, and I’m a big fan of the liner....not satin but similar to a microfibre, if I had to try and describe it. No issue with smell as I throw a bounce sheet in them and put them over an air vent when not in use. Only concern is the “roominess” of the hand compartment. I use 180” wraps and still not as snug as I would prefer. Also, I would like them better without the elastic piece for the wrist strap. As for the shorts, they are decent quality with good stitching. They fit big though. I am 6’0”, 190 lbs, wear size 32 (bought medium) and they are baggy/loose and fit big in the waist. No real experience with customer service so can’t comment on that.

Last edited:
Back