Revers DLR Estima Lock

Griefer

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey guys so now Estima lock is legal for all belts and i'm getting owned when i play Rdrl.. is there some tips, counters or something that can make me get less in Estima lock.. i play half guard/rdlr mostly but now every one trying to stand up from my half guard and go for my foot :)

Hey guys so now Estima lock is legal for all belts and i'm getting owned when i play Rdrl.. is there some tips, counters or something that can make me get less in Estima lock.. i play half guard/rdlr mostly but now every one trying to stand up from my half guard and go for my foot :)

Don't put your foot in his hip unless you have control of at least one of his arms. Done, no more Estima locks. Alternatively, you can play more of a half butterfly than RLDR, which I prefer anyway (of course, my game is SLX based, if you're looking to play mostly DLR then the RDLR is more important to have).

Don't put your foot in his hip unless you have control of at least one of his arms. Done, no more Estima locks. Alternatively, you can play more of a half butterfly than RLDR, which I prefer anyway (of course, my game is SLX based, if you're looking to play mostly DLR then the RDLR is more important to have).

This is my rule of thumb as well. If I can't control the nearside arm I place my outside leg as a reinforcing hook underneath my RDLR hook until I can get control of an arm again or switch to another guard. If you are in RDLR and get put in an estima lock you can usually invert to your shoulders and get your heel free

Since when was it made legal for everyone?

Back