• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

REVEALED: How Royce Gracie won UFC1

Lifeform

Donk Donkerson
Banned
Reaction score
Royce Gracie won UFC1 because he had a secret weapon...

The Gi

1L6ZIod.jpg

The Gi is infact a weapon and he should not have been allowed to wear it.

But in a real street fight you would not be wearing a Gi, most clothes do not have thick lapels to grab.

Therefore training in a Gi is useless and just for weak people who want to find a way to beat you in a physical contest even though they are mostly beta types.

Technically it is cheating.

No Gi is clearly the way forward as it can be used in any situation.

I trained at Gracie Barra for a time and it was like being in a real life sitcom of the "Renato Laranja Show"

The instructor made nothing but jokes about gay people and being black. Sometimes he combined the two and brought the house down.

The Gi is cheating and encourages homophobia and racism in all who wear it. Plus the Gi is super hot and nasty to wear - i am surprised no one has invented a godamn zip up jacket so that it does not keep coming undone and the belt falling off.

Here is my idea for a jacket with loops that would keep the belt in place which i think would solve this problem. The jacket is by Fendi but as you can see it even has a clasp which would keep the belt even more secure and a zip to stop the jacket from coming undone.

9Ek0SMQ.jpg

Last edited:

The Gi

1L6ZIod.jpg

But in a real street fight you would not be wearing a Gi, most clothes do not have thick lapels to grab.

Therefore training in a Gi is useless and just for weak people who want to find a way to beat you in a physical contest even though they are mostly beta types.

I trained at Gracie Barra for a time and it was like being in a real life sitcom of the "Renato Laranja Show"

The instructor made nothing but jokes about gay people and being black. Sometimes he combined the two and brought the house down.

The Gi is cheating and encourages homophobia and racism in all who wear it. Plus the Gi is super hot and nasty to wear - i am surprised no one has invented a godamn zip up jacket so that it does not keep coming undone and the belt falling off.
b interr my kung.gif

Please, tell me more about the gi coming undone and the belt coming off...it was getting good there and then you just ended the post

I'm really interested on what you think about Art Jimmerson as well.

i.cfc

the last paragraph melted my brain

I mean in a real fight most people wear clothes.

Nogi really shines when you're flexin on the beach

Insta-Wasteland

iKM1EK9S0axBk9wE9DhQ_Under%20Gate%20Head%20Bop.gif

Coats and jackets are not as uncommon as you think.

Please, tell me more about the gi coming undone and the belt coming off...it was getting good there and then you just ended the post

The jacket keeps coming and undone and the belt keeps falling off! It is maddening - you would think that someone would have invented a version of the jacket with loops to keep the belt in place.

The jacket below is by Fendi but that is beside the point, i have added a Gracie Barra logo to make it more authentic. Notice the clasp and the loops woven into the jacket that stop the belt from coming loose which could be a major addition to the regular Gi.

9Ek0SMQ.jpg

Ken Shamrock and anyone else who knew the leg lock game could have taken advantage of that gi. Guys like Gary Tonon only grapple in shorts because of the risks of having any friction down there. There are both pros and cons to fighting with a gi. Was it an advantage? Yeah. A big one? No. His advantage was being the only guy who knew jiu jitsu. Let's face it. The entire event was catered to him winning it. He was meant to dominate. You think it was all because of his magical gi that his family set up UFC 1 for him to win it and showcase Gracie BJJ to the world? Nah.

Yes, he would have lost to Ken Shamrock without his magic ezekiel jacket.

Well, Hitting someone in the Balls is sort of illegal now too, but Ask Joe Son Doe if Keith Hackney cared....

Back