Retiring with the Title/Belt is Unacceptable. ( Unless medical reasons of course )

You guy's are hilarious with the risk your health. All of a sudden he's got health issues now? He can't fight anymore? It's too dangerous? wtf.

you do realise that fighting is dangerous dont you?? if his head isnt into fighting he could get seriously hurt! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Retiring with the belt is unacceptable in pro-wrestling, but forcing dudes to fight on in MMA is fucking backwards. You deserve to spar with Hector Lombard for such a stupid thread.

Lol, harsh punishment.

For the sport he loves, for the next best guy. You know like Hughes did for him?

You guy's are really missing the point.
I don't usually post here, but sweet Jesus. Your saying GSP is obligated to set up the next champ by losing? Obviously you've never competed in any sport whatsoever. The ultimate goal is to go out on top, which he did.

I call BS on you being a fan of his.

The only reasons to wanting him continue is to see him continue his reign or to see him lose.

I guarantee you from Ali to Tyson to Fedor and Anderson neither of them wanted to pass the torch. They would have preferred to go out on top. They just didn

How is Fedor's legacy turnished? He's considered GOAT by the majority here I'm pretty sure.

Every Champion loses and that's when they retire.

Your premise is stupid because most of his opponents probably don't give two shits about him. They want his belt and they would rip his head off to get it. Brain damage? Oh well. Chronic long term injury? That's what they sign up for.

No one gives a fuck about GSP other then to have an opportunity to make a lot of money fighting him.

GSP owes nothing to no one.

Exactly. As of right now Anderson is the greatest IMO and I'm not even a fan of his. That being said could you imagine if he pulled the pin after the Bonnar fight? He would look immortal.

AS is the greatest after getting destroyed twice in a row?

Yeah. Champions should only retire when they lose

So dumb

Which is why asked you to clarify.

The first sentence doesn't make sense. Expand on that, because I have no idea what you're saying. He owes it to the guys he fights to lose?

You don't see how Weidman took some of Anderson's hype and respect because he beat him. The most recent example.

Say Anderson retired last year and Vitor and Chris fought for a vacant belt. Would he have the interest and and respect he has now after he beat Anderson not only once, but TWICE. And I give Anderson a ton of fucking respect for making it definitive.

It's very, very good for the MW division. Do you understand?

AS is the greatest after getting destroyed twice in a row?

Yep. Based upon his accomplishments and history I think that he is the greatest mma fighter. Is he past his prime? Yes. But as of right now in my opinion he is the best. I'm not saying weidman won't go on to be better or any other fighter in that matter. But right now at this point he has been the greatest we've seen. It's just my personal opinion. Someone will come along and outshine his accomplishments. Records were made to be broken. It could be Weidman. It could be a fighter who hasn't even started training yet.

How is Fedor's legacy turnished? He's considered GOAT by the majority here I'm pretty sure.

Every Champion loses and that's when they retire.

He got dominated by Bigfoot,destroyed by Hendo.
He was subbed by Werdum.

He was losing consistently and getting beat up in every facet of MMA.
It was almost like he was some novice.

He's no GOAT.Not after that at least.

I call BS on you being a fan of his.

The only reasons to wanting him continue is to see him continue his reign or to see him lose.

I guarantee you from Ali to Tyson to Fedor and Anderson neither of them wanted to pass the torch.

1. Wrong.

2. Right.

3. It's not a matter of wanting to.

Has there ever been a thread before where a TS has gotten literally 0% support like this?

You don't see how Weidman took some of Anderson's hype and respect because he beat him. The most recent example.

Say Anderson retired last year and Vitor and Chris fought for a vacant belt. Would he have the interest and and respect he has now after he beat Anderson not only once, but TWICE. And I give Anderson a ton of fucking respect for making it definitive.

I understand that. But that doesn't mean Anderson owes it to anyone.

How many champs have retired immediately after losing?

Majority try to fight on and end up losing fights thwy really shouldnt before retiring.

That would not have been Anderson

Back