Retiring with the Title/Belt is Unacceptable. ( Unless medical reasons of course )

Maybe the WWE is more for you. They bash peoples heads all the time.

Big GSP fan here. The Canadian Champ. Best fighter we've ever had as far as I know.

All the best from Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, to Fedor Emelianenko and Anderson Silva pass the torch before they retire. FACT of history.

I don't understand what Georges is doing because he hasn't really explained himself, if there is a good reason he needs to make it known if he cares about his MMA legacy. Or come back and fight Hendricks at least heheh.

If Mr.Floyd "I'm the Promoter and Champion" Mayweather retires before he passes the belt onto someone he is a little bitch and is doing boxing a serious disfavour. Same to any Champ and their respective sports.

The only time retiring before losing the belt is O.K, is if you are a Gladiator, in which case losing would mean death! Then OK retire into exile by all means. :D

This is the Fighter Warrior CODE OF CONDUCT. Has nothing to do with Ferttitas or Dana or Money. It is in their favour too of course. It's in the whole sport's favor.

I don't understand this thinking at all. There's nothing wrong with retiring while on top.

Big GSP fan here. The Canadian Champ. Best fighter we've ever had as far as I know.

All the best from Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, to Fedor Emelianenko and Anderson Silva pass the torch before they retire. FACT of history.

I don't understand what Georges is doing because he hasn't really explained himself, if there is a good reason he needs to make it known if he cares about his MMA legacy. Or come back and fight Hendricks at least heheh.

If Mr.Floyd "I'm the Promoter and Champion" Mayweather retires before he passes the belt onto someone he is a little bitch and is doing boxing a serious disfavour. Same to any Champ and their respective sports.

The only time retiring before losing the belt is O.K, is if you are a Gladiator, in which case losing would mean death! Then OK retire into exile by all means. :D

This is the Fighter Warrior CODE OF CONDUCT. Has nothing to do with Ferttitas or Dana or Money. It is in their favour too of course. It's in the whole sport's favor.
This guy
rocky_marciano_by_riikardo-d4gpd5c.jpg

Says "Go fuck yourself TS."

You still haven't explained why GSP should be obligated, even if just in principle, to fight until he loses. It doesn't make any sense. Its not like he is 27 and in his prime and is unproven.

WTF does the bushido warrior code have to do with anything? If that isn't what you meant, explain what you did mean.

For the sport he loves, for the next best guy. You know like Hughes did for him?

You guy's are really missing the point.

Im loving the ts bashing tee hee hee

Im enjoying watching TS die a slow death in this thread lol

Dude, help me out. Tell me which part is retarded and why, big mouth.

Everything I said is right, so actually it turns out you're the retard.

Beside the punctuations , I'd say about 99% of what you wrote is retarded .

If he wanted to retire he should be able to do so. The UFC likes to point out that Georges made "a lot of money" fighting for them. They neglect to include that he likewise made them a lot of money by being a huge draw/having a large fanbase.

He can't go out there and lose once? Like all the other greats did? STFU.

So in conclusion you guy's are bunch of idiots. Trust me I'm not surprised.

This right here sums up how horrible your thoughts on this are. I'm sure that "all the other greats" went out there to do the honorable thing and lose once before retiring. If you don't realize how ridiculous that sounds then I'm not sure what I, or anyone else in this thread can do to help you.

Grow up. You're using idiot logic here. There is no reason someone should risk their health to "pass the torch" if they decide they are done.

By the way, Georges didn't "retire with the belt" - he vacated it and is taking time off. Maybe he'll come back and maybe he'll retire, but when he decides there will be a WW champion that isn't named GSP.

Noo,i'm all for champs retiring before they start getting knocked out.

Look at Fedor and Anderson,great fighters with their legacies tarnished FOREVER.

GSP was smart,retire now but continue to rake in money from all his investments and endorsements for years.

Coming back later is optional and he will get paid upwards of 10 mill for his comeback fight.

Regardless of what some fans might think or want, fighters only real obligation is to themselves. They're the ones stepping in that cage and putting their bodies and health on the line. If GSP wants to step away, then that's exactly what he should do. He's been nothing but the consummate company man since he came to the UFC, he has more than earned whatever time he feels he needs. And if he doesn't come back then that's the way it is.

You guy's are hilarious with the risk your health. All of a sudden he's got health issues now? He can't fight anymore? It's too dangerous? wtf.

For the sport he loves, for the next best guy. You know like Hughes did for him?

You guy's are really missing the point.

Which is why asked you to clarify.

The first sentence doesn't make sense. Expand on that, because I have no idea what you're saying. He owes it to the guys he fights to lose?

Retiring with the belt is unacceptable in pro-wrestling, but forcing dudes to fight on in MMA is fucking backwards. You deserve to spar with Hector Lombard for such a stupid thread.

Look at Fedor and Anderson,great fighters with their legacies tarnished FOREVER.

GSP was smart,retire now but continue to rake in money from all his investments and endorsements for years.

Coming back later is optional and he will get paid upwards of 10 mill for his comeback fight.

Exactly. As of right now Anderson is the greatest IMO and I'm not even a fan of his. That being said could you imagine if he pulled the pin after the Bonnar fight? He would look immortal.

You guy's are hilarious with the risk your health. All of a sudden he's got health issues now?

Right, because getting punched in the head fight after fight, getting knocked out over and over like Liddell, Leben, etc., isn't a health hazard. Try using your big boy brain.

How is Fedor's legacy turnished? He's considered GOAT by the majority here I'm pretty sure.

Every Champion loses and that's when they retire.

Back