Retiring with the Title/Belt is Unacceptable. ( Unless medical reasons of course )

That would never happen because Hendricks would most likely beat him in the rematch. And O.K if the sport is dead and theirs no one even worth it. Kill it some more I guess.

I was just phrasing it " warrior code of conduct " Ya'll don't have to be so mature about it lol.

I think it is a weak ass way to go out. Still the best? Why retire then?

GSP didn't go out on top. I thought Hendricks looked like the better fighter that night even. He should have passed the torch.

If you guy's didn't notice, Weidman wouldn't have NEAR, NEEAAAR the interest and respect he has now if Anderson retired a year ago and he fought some random for the new belt. Sort of like an interim belt.

GSP spent how long fighting and training and taking damage to the heaD. HOW MANY GUY'S HEADS DID HE SMASH IN? In training and fighting.

He can't go out there and lose once? Like all the other greats did? STFU.

So in conclusion you guy's are bunch of idiots.

yeah of course, its us that are the idiots lol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Floyd actually did retire on top after he beat Rick Hatton (he came back about two years later). If you want to retire on top, there's no problem with it. BJ said he'd have retired if he had beaten GSP at UFC 94. Calzaghe retired after beating RJJ. Ricardo Lopez went out undefeated too, Sven Ottke as well. Even Rocky Marciano did it. This is not a one time thing.

You retire when you feel you're losing it IMO. Obviously Anderson felt that he still had it after beating Bonnar. Perhaps he was slipping, but he didn't know. Fedor probably felt that he still had it coming into his fight with Werdum (although his decline was a bit more obvious). Anytime you feel like retiring is acceptable, GSP puts his life into training camps, he can retire if he feels it's too much, he's protecting his legacy by going out on top anyhow, now people are going to shit on Anderson and say that he was "exposed" and "protected" better to go out on top and let people only wonder.

Gotta love the humor in a 19 year old suburban fast food worker calling a professional athlete out for failing to live up the samurai/bushido codes that he obviously adheres to in his own personal life

Grow up dude , its a business.

No way he's 19 . 15 at most .

TS you are a total idiot. Nobody should have to put their health/life on te line if they don't feel up to it.

Also, it would be quite refreshing to see someone retire at the top.. owes us nothing.

GSP is the clever one.

If GSP came back after awhile, actually fought his way to the title ( couple fights ) and won. It would be worth more to people than if he just stayed on top for a few more fights.

It would be clever, but I don't see that happening.

So he has to hang around until his brain is sufficiently racked around inside his skull to satisfy you?

exactly, what a dumbass post. you don't think ali or tyson or anderson etc. would have liked to retire with the belt? they didn't because they couldn't manage it, they got beat first. GSP is just that good.

absolutely no reason someone has to hang around and wait to get beat. and there is precedent as well, rocky marciano did it back in the day.

Big GSP fan here. The Canadian Champ. Best fighter we've ever had as far as I know.

All the best from Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, to Fedor Emelianenko and Anderson Silva pass the torch before they retire. FACT of history.

I don't understand what Georges is doing because he hasn't really explained himself, if there is a good reason he needs to make it known if he cares about his MMA legacy. Or come back and fight Hendricks at least heheh.

If Mr.Floyd "I'm the Promoter and Champion" Mayweather retires before he passes the belt onto someone he is a little bitch and is doing boxing a serious disfavour. Same to any Champ and their respective sports.

The only time retiring before losing the belt is O.K, is if you are a Gladiator, in which case losing would mean death! Then OK retire into exile by all means. :D

This is the Fighter Warrior CODE OF CONDUCT. Has nothing to do with Ferttitas or Dana or Money. It is in their favour too of course. It's in the whole sport's favor.

Lennox Lewis disagrees!

Wouldn't be the first time. A guy from France agreed somewhat at least.

cool, 1 poster in the entire thread agrees(somewhat)..... I think this could be a record for the amount of people not agreeing with a TS

That would never happen because Hendricks would most likely beat him in the rematch. And O.K if the sport is dead and theirs no one even worth it. Kill it some more I guess.

I was just phrasing it " warrior code of conduct " Ya'll don't have to be so mature about it lol.

GSP didn't go out on top. I thought Hendricks looked like the better fighter that night even. He should have passed the torch.

If you guy's didn't notice, Weidman wouldn't have NEAR, NEEAAAR the interest and respect he has now if Anderson retired a year ago and he fought some random for the new belt. Sort of like an interim belt.

GSP spent how long fighting and training and taking damage to the heaD. HOW MANY GUY'S HEADS DID HE SMASH IN? In training and fighting.

So in conclusion you guy's are bunch of idiots. Trust me I'm not surprised.

So this is really about him not fighting Hendricks on a rematch? Just let it go already, if Hendricks is meant to be the champ then go back to the lab put in work and more than 70% against Lawlor and you have the strap. Let GSP do his time out, walk the beach, feed the pigeons in the park, or watch dvds of his glory years the man done paid his dues...

Seriously, how retarded are you??

Big GSP fan here. The Canadian Champ. Best fighter we've ever had as far as I know.

All the best from Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, to Fedor Emelianenko and Anderson Silva pass the torch before they retire. FACT of history.

I don't understand what Georges is doing because he hasn't really explained himself, if there is a good reason he needs to make it known if he cares about his MMA legacy. Or come back and fight Hendricks at least heheh.

If Mr.Floyd "I'm the Promoter and Champion" Mayweather retires before he passes the belt onto someone he is a little bitch and is doing boxing a serious disfavour. Same to any Champ and their respective sports.

The only time retiring before losing the belt is O.K, is if you are a Gladiator, in which case losing would mean death! Then OK retire into exile by all means. :D

This is the Fighter Warrior CODE OF CONDUCT. Has nothing to do with Ferttitas or Dana or Money. It is in their favour too of course. It's in the whole sport's favor.

So you think he needs to hang around, take more wear and tear on his body, just so he can get to a point where he loses? This makes no sense at all. All fighters should intelligently manage their career to avoid the potential effects of cumulative damage that can degrade and endanger their health for the rest of their life. Read up a little about guys like Floyd Paterson or Meldrick Taylor that suffer from Dementia Pugilistica, then re-examine your bullshit, immature, pre-pubescent level of thinking about a ficticuos "warrior code".

Second, calling any professional fighter a little bitch is beyond ignorant. Do you realize how much balls it takes to get in a cage and face off against someone that is trying to hurt you as bad as he can, in front of thousands of people no less. And GSP has fought how many times? Maybe you can fill us in on the "Keyboard Warrior Code"?

Well, GSP wants to retire (or take a break) and no-one can beat him, so he has no choice to retire with the belt.

OH Oh Oh! Let me add nothing to this. AH...now I feel better. Twit.

You still haven't explained why GSP should be obligated, even if just in principle, to fight until he loses. It doesn't make any sense. Its not like he is 27 and in his prime and is unproven.

WTF does the bushido warrior code have to do with anything? If that isn't what you meant, explain what you did mean.

Back