resources for strength and conditioning for kickboxing

hondahousey69

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
i want to start competition training for kickboxing but i don't know what to do in terms of strength and conditioning does anynone have recources or workouts for kickboxing?

edit: thanks for the great replys i will definitely be looking into these recources.

Last edited:
i want to start competition training for kickboxing but i don't know what to do in terms of strength and conditioning does anynone have recources or workouts for kickboxing?

The question is, how much KB a week are you doing already, if you want to take part in competition, minimum of 5 X 2 hours a week, mixture of padwork, shadow boxing, sparring and general conditioning.

Some of the gyms I trained at would not entertain organising a fight unless you turned up to training at least 5 days a week

If your doing less, then you should be doing more KB is the answer.

Jamieson's Ultimate MMA Conditioning

Ross Enamait's Infinite Intensity

Tactical Barbell

Bompa's Sports Periodization

Jamieson's Ultimate MMA Conditioning

Ross Enamait's Infinite Intensity

Tactical Barbell

Bompa's Sports Periodization

All good learning resources.

There's no real template to follow OP- basically, 5 days a week of training, as well as a couple of strength training sessions, and conditioning (whether aerobic or anaerobic) to suit your current level/stage of preparation another 2-4 times a week. A lot of fighters work fulltime jobs, and get up early to train before work in addition to training every night after work. How you organise and build that training will depend on your needs. Nobody here can say with certainty what you need to do to improve.

A bit of a plug but relevant to the question - I have a podcast where I interview fighters and get their training regimens (strength and conditioning, diet etc.). I only have two with Muay Thai fighters right now but it might help:
https://firststrike.podiant.co/

In the last podcast I actually refer to Ross' Infinite Intensity as one of my favorite go-to books for strikers.

Back