#Resistance?

So the point of "sanctuary cities" (not an official designation so it refers to a lot of things) is to help law enforcement by A) not wasting their time on something that isn't their actual responsibility...

Their responsibility isn't to enforce the law?

Their responsibility isn't to enforce the law?

Not a fan of federalism, are you?

Their main responsibility is enforcing state and local law. They're authorized to enforce immigration law under certain circumstances, but it isn't really their responsibility.

I'm not. Border security refers to security at the border, as in stopping people from crossing the border. Do you understand?

So the point of "sanctuary cities" (not an official designation so it refers to a lot of things) is to help law enforcement by A) not wasting their time on something that isn't their actual responsibility and B) not making witnesses or victims afraid to cooperate with investigations or report crimes. Doesn't have anything to do with securing the border.
if the border was secured, there wouldn't be a need for sanctuary cities. This is the most base, common sense logical pt that is somehow being ignored

You're trolling, right?

I love when Jack asks 'do you understand' as if a person is literally retarded.......

if the border was secured, there wouldn't be a need for sanctuary cities. This is the most base, common sense logical pt that is somehow being ignored

You're trolling, right?

That's actually false. A totally secure border would only mean that no additional people are crossing it. We'd still have people already here illegally and people coming illegally in other ways. That you failed to get that and made such an obviously false claim while insisting that it's a "common-sense logical point" and that no one can possibly disagree with you sincerely does not speak well of your thinking ability, chum.

I love when Jack asks 'do you understand' as if a person is literally retarded.......

It can be difficult to communicate with someone who is really slow. Apologies.

That's actually false. A totally secure border would only mean that no additional people are crossing it. We'd still have people already here illegally and people coming illegally in other ways. That you failed to get that and made such an obviously false claim while insisting that it's a "common-sense logical point" and that no one can possibly disagree with you sincerely does not speak well of your thinking ability, chum.

It can be difficult to communicate with someone who is really slow. Apologies.
I'm not slow, you just love to change the basic meanings of words, and alter the premises arguments are based on.

IOW you are a master of logical fallacies, and act smugly and arrogant while doing it.

That does not imply others are dumb.

You're smart enough to clearly know that, but lack a proper balcony perspective

I'm not slow, you just love to change the basic meanings of words, and alter the premises arguments are based on.

IOW you are a master of logical fallacies, and act smugly and arrogant while doing it.

Hmm. What word do you think I changed the meaning of? What logical fallacy have you seen? I pretty much can take it to the bank that no answer will be given to those two questions.

Weren't *you* trying to change "border security" to mean something other than "border security"?

Hmm. What word do you think I changed the meaning of? What logical fallacy have you seen?

Weren't *you* trying to change "border security" to mean something other than "border security"?
this is exactly what i'm talking about hahahahahahah
one literally couldn't make this up

carry on, have a nice day.

Seriously, @HunterSdVa29, find one logical fallacy or changed meaning of a word in this thread, and I'll leave the WR for six months. Not even a bet. Your inability to put up will be all the satisfaction I need.

Seriously, @HunterSdVa29, find one logical fallacy or changed meaning of a word in this thread, and I'll leave the WR for six months. Not even a bet. Your inability to put up will be all the satisfaction I need.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-5554-1404376885-20.gif

It's zero risk with these guys. Just like asking @Greoric to ever produce a single example of me saying anything I know to be untrue. It's just how some sad people express disagreement with people who are smarter than they are. It's not even meant to be literally true.

You accusing him of spinning quotes is rich as that is what you are doing.

this is just " you didn't build that " all over again
How so? Be exact. Going into work now so won’t be able to respond until later tonight/ tomorrow.

It's zero risk with these guys. Just like asking @Greoric to ever produce a single example of me saying anything I know to be untrue. It's just how some sad people express disagreement with people who are smarter than they are. It's not even meant to be literally true.

You aren't even within an SD of my IQ, you silly goose.

Not a fan of federalism, are you?

Their main responsibility is enforcing state and local law. They're authorized to enforce immigration law under certain circumstances, but it isn't really their responsibility.

So they don't really enforce any federal crimes?

How so? Be exact. Going into work now so won’t be able to respond until later tonight/ tomorrow.
Yes well it's obvious that what Obama was saying with his quote wasn't what it was spun into by the right and with the quotes you pulled for Hillary Clinton she was clearly not saying what you are trying to spin it into it's the same thing.

Curious did you understand what a Obama was trying to say with that you didn't build that quote or did you buy the spin?

You aren't even within an SD of my IQ, you silly goose.

What a weird response.

But it does illustrate my point. You made a specific-sounding kind of accusation, but you didn't intend for it to be true. You just say it to try to "get back" at me for making you feel inadequate (you like to think of yourself as a smart guy, and seeing someone you recognize to be your superior disagree with you hurts you).

So they don't really enforce any federal crimes?

It's not their primary responsibility. See earlier when I pointed out the reasons for "sanctuary cities." Freeing up limited resources (time and money) to deal with their primary mission, plus encouraging crime victims and witnesses to cooperate with local law enforcement.

If you think that state and local police should prioritize rounding up non-violent unauthorized immigrants over fighting violent crime or something, that's fine (I mean, abhorrent, but it at least is a clear statement of principle), but you have to make that point separately.

What a weird response.

But it does illustrate my point. You made a specific-sounding kind of accusation, but you didn't intend for it to be true. You just say it to try to "get back" at me for making you feel inadequate (you like to think of yourself as a smart guy, and seeing someone you recognize to be your superior disagree with you hurts you).

Reads like another round of projection from you, and something someone insecure about their IQ would write. That's alright Jack, you can always fall back on your anti-social pathology. I hear its a great attribute to be exclusively Machiavellian.

Reads like another round of projection from you, and something someone insecure about their IQ would write.

Are you referring to yourself? What I said was that it was no risk in asking you to produce an example of me saying anything untrue. You know that when you question my character, it's not meant literally and that you would never be able to produce. But then you responded with this:

"You aren't even within an SD of my IQ, you silly goose."

So you're bringing up IQ completely out of nowhere. And you know that I'm much more intelligent than you are anyway. That's precisely why you shift your attacks. A typical exchange is you saying something false, me explaining why, and you making random character attacks or saying that I have autism or something (?).

Back