Resident Evil 6 hate

5 and 6 aren't bad games, just bad Resident Evil games. In that I mean they abandoned core concepts the franchise was founded and based around and in doing so they weren't really RE games at their core, but that doesn't make them bad. Much like Zelda 2 isn't a bad game, but it's a bad Zelda game as it's a linear sidescroller.

I actually enjoyed RE5 Co op but yea I can see why people hated it.

6 was..... I dno it was just different, Leon had a good campaign and some things in the new people campaign wasn't bad...

Chris one was like fucking cod but the ending was pretty good.

Chris campaign was the hardest for me.

4 is like my favourite game of all time legit

5 was a grind but I got it done.. wasn't in a rush to play it again

6 man.. I quit so fast on that it really was THAT bad

Biohazard was fucking great though
My only gripe was how much it was catered to the VR system which I didn't have nor would I have played it on if I did have

I didn't like it. I found the FOV too close, made me nauseous. It felt too much like an action game too. I hadn't liked an RE game since 3, or code veronica (I hated RE4), that is until I played 7. I loved that game, at least the whole mansion part. I don't know if could have played that in VR, I found it terrifying at first.

I really like what I'm seeing with the RE2 remake, def picking that one uip. The original is one of my all time favs, along with Code Veronica.

The best Resident Evil-like game since the PS1 days is The Evil Within 2 imo, that felt like a true successor to the formula. I'm a total adhd case when it comes to playing/finishing games, but that had me hooked.

Is the evil within 2 really good? i saw a gameplay vid and it didnt look very good they were talking about rescuing a lil girl which sounds very generic, in the first one nothing made sense at all which is classic japanese horror, the first one was very trippy and scary while that one looked a lot more action based.
I really loved the first one, it seemed like silent hill meets resident evil.

I got to the last boss on Leon's storyline and gave up. The boss is fucking ridiculous and not enjoyable to play against. I will never play that game again. I barely enjoyed any of it.

6 has bar none the best gameplay in the entire series......except Capcom didn't fucking tell anyone about it or bother putting in an advanced tutorial.

People complain about 5 and 6, and even 4, being over the top but conveniently forget all the corny over the top shit from the first game.

6 has bar none the best gameplay in the entire series......except Capcom didn't fucking tell anyone about it or bother putting in an advanced tutorial.

People complain about 5 and 6, and even 4, being over the top but conveniently forget all the corny over the top shit from the first game.

The complaints were mainly about a change in format from horror to action.

The complaints were mainly about a change in format from horror to action.

I get it but that's been the case since RE4 (GOAT RE game). It wasn't that huge of a surprise for 6 to be more action oriented.

5 and 6 aren't bad games, just bad Resident Evil games. In that I mean they abandoned core concepts the franchise was founded and based around and in doing so they weren't really RE games at their core, but that doesn't make them bad. Much like Zelda 2 isn't a bad game, but it's a bad Zelda game as it's a linear sidescroller.

Puzzles

<Prem974>
They found out American players reviewed poorly when they had no patience for object-inspection and retracing steps trying random shit to get doors to open, while the Asian market wanted there to be HARDER puzzles and actually complained the game was getting too easy so they ditched the mechanic entirely and went in a rail-shooter direction

I get it but that's been the case since RE4 (GOAT RE game). It wasn't that huge of a surprise for 6 to be more action oriented.

RE4 still had strong horror elements though. There was more gunplay than 1-CV+Remake and 0, but it wasn't a flat out action game. Up until chapter 4-2 or so (somewhere in the mining area) it's a horror game with some gunplay, though the research facility area has the Regenerators which are a strong horror element. Considering the last chapter is 6-1 which is just a boss fight, I'd say it sticks to its' horror roots pretty well. I mean I'd consider the House of the Dead games to be horror games despite the main mechanic being shooting a gun. I believe the key is feeling like you're trying to survive vs. feeling like you're a one man army (or a man and a one in a while useful woman army in the case of RE5). In 4 you still felt like you were trying to survive through most of the game.

I have never liked Resident Evil games because the horror elements come from not having full control of your character and limited ammo. If you could run while shooting and had more ammo the whole survival aspect would disappear entirely.

I've played and enjoyed each of RE1, RE2, RECV, RE4, RE5, RE6, and RE7 in different ways.

I feel if folks just played to have fun without having RE esque expectations, they can enjoy it too. That said, I know RE has a serious hardcore following and they need their RE games a certain way. Alot of folks think RE4 is the worst thing to happen to RE while its GOTY for other ppl. Without the RE title, most the RE games are good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back