Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just said you had the DS version though.

Dual Shock

He thought you were talking about the Nintendo DS version of Resident Evil, "Deadly Silence."

6a0120a6b57c7d970b01287622aefc970c-pi

505f8fec63578.jpg

Apart from the ability to skip the door scenes, I liked the map displayed on the top screen (even though I've never really used the maps lol).

46385-Resident_Evil_-_Deadly_Silence_(U)(WRG)-1.jpg

God I can't wait until they finish 1.5. I like the funny references and placeholders they've used in certain backgrounds. Obviously it still needs a lot of work, but this build was released about two years back, so hopefully they'll release a more complete demo within the next year.

[YT]ATEspXEmy90[/YT]

He thought you were talking about the Nintendo DS version of Resident Evil, "Deadly Silence."

Apart from the ability to skip the door scenes, I liked the map displayed on the top screen (even though I've never really used the maps lol).

Ah, gotcha. I'm not much of a handheld person.

My brother is quite a bit younger than me and didn't grow up with these types of games. He thought RE2 was a typical shooter and he quickly got trapped and died after he ran out of ammo lol. It's a learning lesson. You don't need to kill everything you come across in this game. Running is often your best option.

It's called survival horror for a reason.

I agree and I understand it's a survival horror but I was like 14 and had no idea games like that even existed. They should have at the very least explained to you at the beginning of the game that items are scarce and it's best to conserve your resources as best as possible.

I agree and I understand it's a survival horror but I was like 14 and had no idea games like that even existed. They should have at the very least explained to you at the beginning of the game that items are scarce and it's best to conserve your resources as best as possible.

I was eleven when Resident Evil 1 came out back in 96. My friend's older brother had rented it from blockbuster and he told me I could play it, but it was "Really scary, and there's killer frogs."

Of course he said dogs, but for some reason I heard frogs (which is funny, since there later were killer frogs in Resident Evil zero, and RE3 if you count the Gamma Hunters lol).

I remember thinking I was close to beating the game once I had found all the crests to leave the mansion.

Last edited:
I've probably already mentioned this here but stay away from the Dual Shock version of Director's Cut on the PSN store. It has the horrible soundtrack (you know the one).

It's pretty shit but there are some good tracks on it.

Have no clue why they decided that it needed changing though.

The composer they used was deaf too.

The goofy first person parts with the knife are only in Rebirth Mode.

It was pretty ridiculous.

I always wanted to play the multi-player game but I could never link up with anyone in my area. I thought it was cool how you could play as the bravo team, and Forrest finally had a line of dialogue, "Let's light this candle!"

Forrest gets up and chases you in Director's Cut advanced mode.
I've always wanted to play the Saturn version because some of the Hunters are randomly poisonous and you can fight 2 Tyrants at once.

I've always wanted to play the Saturn version because some of the Hunters are randomly poisonous and you can fight 2 Tyrants at once.

Yea they re-skinned them into "Ticks", I thought they looked pretty cool.

SAT_Tick.jpg

Also, who doesn't want to blast zombie wesker in Battle mode lol.

There's a guy who beat it using a DDR pad and only the knife. :eek:

The Vita version of Revelations 2 is such a disappointment.

Yeah you should because Barry's daughter has some classic one liners too. It's also the best RE game since 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back