Residence of Evil

Ice That Jaw

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
A small team is essentially ripping off Capcom's RE1-RE0 style of games, which is pretty fucking awesome. There is however, a lot of concern that they will be sued and the game scrapped, it's pretty much all of the comments in the youtube video.

I think this idea is great because there was supposed to be an official RE2 remake but of course it went nowhere.

If this was going to be any good, with a decent amount of development value, they wouldn't do an obvious RE ripoff so they could make some money off of it.

can they still be sued even if the game is free?

Lmao holy fuck did they just copy the whole game.

this is like a slamdunk law suit waiting to happen

The guy does mention in the comments that the assets will be replaced and they are currently for demo purposes.

I have to go against Capcom here. If RE7 is their new vision for the series, fuck em. I liked the game play in Condemned and I also like the game play in the Last of Us, but that doesn't mean I want the Metro series to become 3rd person and use that type of gameplay for the next sequel.

They just have to do what DreadOut did. That game was heavily inspired by Fatal Frame, but the makers were smart enough to let it not feel like a copy.

The guy does mention in the comments that the assets will be replaced and they are currently for demo purposes.

I have to go against Capcom here. If RE7 is their new vision for the series, fuck em. I liked the game play in Condemned and I also like the game play in the Last of Us, but that doesn't mean I want the Metro series to become 3rd person and use that type of gameplay for the next sequel.
Didn't like re7?

Thats not how it works, though. If you change the gameplay concepts of an IP you own, it doesnt mean anyone is free to blatantly build a product using copyright infringement.

Back