Republican Senator in Florida calls black colleagues the N word

Why don't many blacks get upset that the n word is used so much in rap music?
Context and intent. That's what gives words meaning. "Bitch" doeesn't mean the same thing in every context either, or :eek::eek::eek:, or fuck. I don't know why people continue to ask such ridiculously dumb questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's hilarious is we have libs in here crying about a word meanwhile a black supremacist just killed 3 innocent white people but they won't say a peep about it.

Fucking scum!

Lol no it doesn't.

Regardless of what your prejudiced mind thinks, the "n word" cannot be misconstrued like "they're criminals" vs "their criminals"

Stop being an idiot.

I'm not being an idiot.

If a black man calls a black man a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, it is often not seen as offensive, because it is often not intended offensively. If a white guy used the word in a misguided attempt to establish some sort of camaraderie, then he may be socially awkward, but he isn't racist. If he used the word to put black people in their place, then he is racist. The intent of the user is paramount in judging the situation. It is sad to see that many people insist on pre-judging situations like these based on skin color alone.

I'm so over the word :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. I find it an ugly word and only use it when discussing the word itself but never to describe anyone. Yet the amount of hypocrisy surrounding its usage is staggering. The only reason this is even a story is because the guy who used the word had white skin.

Those who have a racial double standard for who is allowed to use a certain word or engage in a certain kind of behavior are guilty of racism.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/context

Context and intent. That's what gives words meaning. "Bitch" doeesn't mean the same thing in every context either, or :eek::eek::eek:, or fuck. I don't know why people continue to ask suck ridiculously dumb questions.
I agree that intent matters a great deal. Context too, but in general context means that some people are allowed or disallowed to say :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: based on their skin color. I can understand this to a certain extent, but it is hard not to see that it is by definition an example of racial prejudice.

My take on this is that I dont really care what verbal abuse non elected folk throw at one another whats good for the goose is good for the gander but politicians probably shouldnt be using any slurs at all due to the representative nature of our officials.

It also goes to show me this dude has a shitty temper and poor impulse control which again is fine for your average asshole but not alright for an elected official .

Leftists always trying to take someones job. Total losers constantly looking to ruin someone's life because they have the sensitivity of 6 yr old girls.

It reflects a low self image and self esteem.

I think the leftists and anti-trumpers are killing the war room. They have all descended into 100% dishonest trolls, who suck at said trolling, circle jerking each other with terrible jokes. Just complete and total idiots all day everyday. It's gotten quite old imo.

That's cute considering you were on here crying about the mean lefties hurting your feelings.

{<BJPeen}<{boneytears}>{<BJPeen}<{boneytears}>

I know what context means and I agree with you that it matters. Note that I haven't excused the man for using the word, simply pointed out that his intent in using it is more important than the offense people took at it. Please say more about what contexts you think the word :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: is appropriate in and which it isn't.

blah blah blah apologetics equivocation yadda yadda

When you're a white senator, you don't get to call black senators :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s.

Florida, get your fucking shit together.

What's hilarious is we have libs in here crying about a word meanwhile a black supremacist just killed 3 innocent white people but they won't say a peep about it.

Fucking scum!

Did you start a thread on it?

I'm not being an idiot.

If a black man calls a black man a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, it is often not seen as offensive, because it is often not intended offensively. If a white guy used the word in a misguided attempt to establish some sort of camaraderie, then he may be socially awkward, but he isn't racist. If he used the word to put black people in their place, then he is racist. The intent of the user is paramount in judging the situation. It is sad to see that many people insist on pre-judging situations like these based on skin color alone.

So an elected official, who should be held to a higher moral authority than a teenager working at Mcdonalds, gets mad and calls his Senate colleagues bitches and n:eek::eek::eek:ers out of rage and you don't think his intent was harmful?

All he has to do now is punch a chick in the face, and he will be the Alt Rights, new hero du jour.

I know what context means and I agree with you that it matters. Note that I haven't excused the man for using the word, simply pointed out that his intent in using it is more important than the offense people took at it. Please say more about what contexts you think the word :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: is appropriate in and which it isn't.

If you say it in an insulting/degrading/inflammatory way. Doesn't matter if you're white or black. I've heard black people call other black people the N word with a hard R at the end and it was meant as an offensive, degrading insult.

Fucking scum!
Confirmation bias. You're going to see what you want. That's how morons think.

So an elected official, who should be held to a higher moral authority than a teenager working at Mcdonalds, gets mad and calls his Senate colleagues bitches and n:eek::eek::eek:ers out of rage and you don't think his intent was harmful?
He was just trying to build a camaraderie with these colleagues. I'm sure this senator is an upstanding guy.

Back