Republican Senator in Florida calls black colleagues the N word

Interesting that some people seem to think that public officials referring to people by blatant racial slurs is acceptable.

Ah WR, you never disappoint to disappoint.

All the stereotype bullshit aside, do people really think this is acceptable behavior from an elected official? Or are they so caught up in their "look how edgy I am, I will also insult all black people with broad stereotypes to show that this doesn't faze me," personas that general decency has fled their bodies?

Soft bigotry of low expectations.

You expect a Florida senator to be overtly racist so it's ok.

Ummm.... I can't believe there are people defending this? From an elected official? This guy should step down immediately.

A standard of decency for politicians?

Id like to see your voting record so I could have a good laugh.

Oh, you don't have a standard of decency that you would like your politicians to strive to reach?

I thought most decent people do. A standard of decency for their own lives, for their spouse, their kids, their colleagues, etc.

Oh, you don't have a standard of decency that you would like your politicians to strive to reach?

I thought most decent people do. A standard of decency for their own lives, for their spouse, their kids, their colleagues, etc.

Well if you ever feel like slinging the n word or other racial slurs towards any of the WR righties in this thread they've basically given you the green light to do so.

Leftists always trying to take someones job. Total losers constantly looking to ruin someone's life because they have the sensitivity of 6 yr old girls.

It reflects a low self image and self esteem.

Last edited:
A racist white Republican and a thread filled with apologists, neither of those things surprise me.

A racist white Republican and a thread filled with apologists, neither of those things surprise me.
lol aren't you a known bigot on this site? like literally, you have yellows for bigotry.

Anyways, the outrage is great in this thread.

I say we do a public poll thread, simple yes or no: Are you okay with the use of the N-Word (er)?

Let's see the results.

Leftists always trying to take someones job. Total losers constantly looking to ruin someone's life because they have the sensitivity of 6 yr old girls.

They need to keep racism alive. Their career depends on it.

How about the insensitivity of an elected official to use words like that. How about not having the mental capacity of a 6 year old to know better than to use words like that.
Nobody is trying to ruin this guys life... he's doing that all on his own. Do you think he would be an elected official if it came out prior to his election that he like to drop the N-Bomb at work events?

They need to keep racism alive. Their career depends on it.
I would say the elected official calling people the N word is doing a good enough job of keeping racism alive all on its own.

I'm so over the word :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:. I find it an ugly word and only use it when discussing the word itself but never to describe anyone. Yet the amount of hypocrisy surrounding its usage is staggering. The only reason this is even a story is because the guy who used the word had white skin.

Those who have a racial double standard for who is allowed to use a certain word or engage in a certain kind of behavior are guilty of racism.

lol aren't you a known bigot on this site? like literally, you have yellows for bigotry.

I say we do a public poll thread, simple yes or no: Are you okay with the use of the N-Word (er)?

Let's see the results.
caveat.... are you okay with an elected official calling his colleagues the N word?

Of course it does. It always matters more what the speaker meant than how the hearer took it.
Lol no it doesn't.

Regardless of what your prejudiced mind thinks, the "n word" cannot be misconstrued like "they're criminals" vs "their criminals"

Stop being an idiot.

Let's see the results.
Let's not make fallacious arguments (ad hominem) or assumptions, homie.

You'll just have a bunch of whites complaining that blacks can use it and not have a problem with each other using it, but whites can't use it without blacks having a problem with it.

Back