Report: UFC adding real-time, MLB-style stats to live event broadcasts

I don't like the idea of sensors in the gloves and shorts. Seems like your asking for trouble with that

How so? They are probably very small and inside the gloves/shorts.

If you're talking about confusing stats I don't think the judges will have access to it anyway.

I wouldnt mind some advanced stats. There could be correlations between certain stats and performance we were previously unaware of.

Who are these stats for exactly?
exactly. with baseball it's binary, it's either 4 balls and a walk, or it's not. in mma it can be 70 significant strikes to 38, and - the judge can still fuck it up. what would the point be of this - except to confuse casuals.

about time. i remember dana saying "people just want to see fights."
no, i would like to see more , like mlb style stats.
a year end tournament with a huge 1st place prize would also bring tons of coverage.

LMFAO...I called this years ago.

They need sensors on the gloves/shorts..to see how powerful was the punch and if the punch even landed.

MMA needs glow gloves for sure, just like the old NHL glow puck. I've been saying this for years. Makes the action so much easier to follow. @SuperNerd
glowpuck.gif

SlapShot.gif

they needs stats like fastest knockout, fastest punch with a knockout, fastest kick with a knockout and most consecutive knockouts in a single tournament

Why not focus on doing basic shit well before moving on to this Star-Trek shit?

I really don't give a crap about this being added, but what is "Star trek" about it?
Sports broadcast are going more hi-tech.
it is not geared for the hardcores, but to get people talking & the younger generation that loves stats (& sharing) involved.

"that will be shareable with emojis".

FFS lol

Back