Report: Till was 216 pounds a couple days ago

How much difference could there be? You're not gonna lose a large amount of fat or muscle in a few days.

You can lose fat in 3-4 days
There is a big difference in what someone can weigh on Monday morning & Thursday evening

He's lying. And Meltzer is gullible AF. There's no way Till cut 19.2% of his body weight in water (216-174.5=41.5 41.5/216=0.192). They did a study last year and the biggest cut recorded was 16.7%.
How weight cutting usually works is that the fighter first losses fat mass first just form intense training then they cut the water weight from there or in what ever
So it's not like he lost all of that weight by water only

How weight cutting usually works is that the fighter first losses fat mass first just form intense training then they cut the water weight from there or in what ever

100% this

Till has always said he is a LHW fight at 170.... now we know it's true.

How much difference could there be? You're not gonna lose a large amount of fat or muscle in a few days.
There's a enormous difference between having to cut 20 lbs in 3 days or only 1 day, it's actually what makes it possible or not.

You can lose fat in 3-4 days
There is a big difference in what someone can weigh on Monday morning & Thursday evening

BS. Most of that excess fat would be lost during camp. Fighters do not lose a large amount of fat during fight week.

There's a enormous difference between having to cut 20 lbs in 3 days or only 1 day, it's actually what makes it possible or not.

Of course
It is silly to think there is not a difference in Monday & Thursday evening as far as weight goes

BS. Most of that excess fat would be lost during camp. Fighters do not lose a large amount of fat during fight week.
that is true but that's 'normally'. That normally happens when the weight cut goes right
this isn't a normal weight cut. You never know if Till may or may not have had some fat or a bit of fat he could have shed some of, even if it wasnt much. The thing is unless your his trainer or something, you can't be sure

that is true but that's 'normally'. That normally happens when the weight cut goes right
this isn't a normal weight cut. You never know if Till may or may not have had some fat or a bit of fat he could have shed some of, even if it wasnt much. The thing is unless your his trainer or something, you can't be sure

But that's the point! It wouldn't be much at all.

Amazing how far fighters (Till, Dern) think they can cut in a few days.
216?
If he was even 210 he might have made it

Amazing how utterly ignorant they are. Literally, common sense or a quick Google search should grant sharper expertise than these two seem to wield.

Amazing how utterly ignorant they are. Literally, common sense or a quick Google search should grant sharper expertise than these two seem to wield.

Plus how bad would he have felt if he made it
Torturing yourself for 3 days is not smart before a main event fight that could be a career maker

Dern just seemed to not care, so that might be a bit different

Plus how bad would he have felt if he made it
Torturing yourself for 3 days is not smart before a main event fight that could be a career maker

Dern just seemed to not care, so that might be a bit different

I'm sure he put himself through the ringer getting down to 174, regardless. Failing to make weight doesn't prove that the fighter isn't utterly drained. Failing can indicate that they're even worse off than had they hit the mark.

I'm sure he put himself through the ringer getting down to 174, regardless. Failing to make weight doesn't prove that the fighter isn't utterly drained. Failing can indicate that they're even worse off than had they hit the mark.

I agree, that was my point
But I added I don't think Dern tried that hard
He seems like he did

"professional"...doesn't matter, Wonderboy gonna win anyway.

And with such huge weight cut Till will gas inside 2 rounds. Wonderboy might even finish him

Darren "Rumble" Till

He needs to get it over with and just move up.

Back