Report: Gilbert Melendez vs. Arnold Allen being discussed for UFC 232

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
Can anyone add a poll please?

UFC 232 on December 29th could see the return of lightweight veteran Gilbert Melendez, as he is slated to take on featherweight prospect Arnold Allen on the card.

The potential matchup was first reported by Nolan King of FloCombat. Melendez, 36, has not fought since losing in his featherweight debut against Jeremy Stephens at UFC 215 in September 2017.

His last loss to Stephens means Melendez (22-7) is now on a four-fight losing streak. Dropping decisions to Edson Barboza and Eddie Alvarez before his loss to Stephens, Melendez has almost gone five years without a win, last picking up a victory against Diego Sanchez at UFC 166 in October 2013.

Allen (13-1) has impressed since making his UFC debut back in June 2015, winning his first four fights with the promotion. His most recent victory was a third-round submission against Mads Burnell in May, a performance that earned him a $50,000 bonus on the night. “Almighty” was also supposed to fight at UFC 220 in January, but visa issues forced him off the card.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/9/14/17856222/report-gilbert-melendez-arnold-allen-ufc-232-mma-news

Gil hasn’t won since 2013 :/

Hope he gets the W

Auts Allen is so far from that level. Entertaining fighter tho.

Melendez.... he's the steroid cheat right? Hope his career ends here

Damn... tough match up, the legend that is Arnold Allen.

631538-ACB.png

Go Glibert Menendez!!!

Let's see if Gib can get a win and end the streak.

Honestly, back when Gil was on his win streak I always thought he was a big fish in a small pond but even now, he probably should win this. He's definitely fought better competition.

Ol’ gibby doesn’t want to fight anymore. I think he’s lost that spirit a while ago.

Allen has a nasty power guillotine but I hope they duke it out

Back