Report: Canelo vs. Chavez PPV did ‘at least 1 million buys’

hqdefault.jpg

Canelo vs GGG expected to do better.
AJ also fighting once more this year.

Canelo is just a joy to watch

Skip the UFC this year guys, nothing to write home about.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/9...z-ppv-did-at-least-1-million-buys-boxing-news
That's good for boxing. Happy to see that the sport is picking up with the loss of its biggest stars....but I am not suprised. It happens in mma and new stars just keep popping up.

Here is a novel idea....there is room in the world for both Boxing and MMA to be popular and enjoyable to watch....Shocking right!

( Watch this video If you doubt the skills of boxers)

The sweet science indeed, I long for the day that I see half this level of skills in an mma fight. I say that as a lover not a hater, recently however I just can't get over how sloppy the stand up looks in mma.

This on the other-hand is pure class and finesse. Just pure gold .

Chavez lived his whole boxing career of his fathers name and as Chavez was such a big star in boxing it worked.

Its really the only reason why he got the fight. He never was a top10 talent and just a mediocre boxer. Not Alvarez fault and as he now takes on GGG all is forgiven.

Sadly GGG is now clear past his prime. In a prime vs. prime fight I would have favoured GGG but now I am leaning slightly to Alvarez.

Both really are the essence of what makes combat sports so great.
Technical masterclass AND the will to end the fight.

Was there any boxing PPV bigger between Floyd/Manny and this?
Or was it the first million buyrate PPV in 2 years?
I don't know if this did 1.2 mil but there's been a bunch of boxing PPVs with Floyd, Manny, and Tyson that have done above 1.2 mil. But yes, the last PPV that did above 1 mil was Floyd/Manny in 2015 and before that was in 2013 with Floyd/Canelo.

Edit: Never mind I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant PPV # in between this and Floyd/Manny not date wise. And yes it was Canelo/Cotto at 900K and the second highest was Canelo/Khan at 600K.

Chavez lived his whole boxing career of his fathers name and as Chavez was such a big star in boxing it worked.

Its really the only reason why he got the fight. He never was a top10 talent and just a mediocre boxer. Not Alvarez fault and as he now takes on GGG all is forgiven.

Sadly GGG is now clear past his prime. In a prime vs. prime fight I would have favoured GGG but now I am leaning slightly to Alvarez.

Both really are the essence of what makes combat sports so great.
Technical masterclass AND the will to end the fight.

Canelo is faster and more Technical than ggg imo. but ggg has great chin and punching power. I'm leaning Canelo but who knows, can't wait!

I don't know if this did 1.2 mil but there's been a bunch of boxing PPVs with Floyd, Manny, and Tyson that have done above 1.2 mil. But yes, the last PPV that did above 1 mil was Floyd/Manny in 2015 and before that was in 2013 with Floyd/Canelo.

Edit: Never mind I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant PPV # in between this and Floyd/Manny not date wise. And yes it was Canelo/Cotto at 900K and the second highest was Canelo/Khan at 600K.
Well was only wondering cause this is a boxing > MMA thread, meanwhile I'm realizing this is the first million buyrate boxing PPV in 2 years (since Floyd/Manny), where as UFC had seven different 1-1.6 million buyrate's in that same timeframe, plus a bunch others in the 800-900k range. I guess I was genuinely confused about what the topic creator was gloating about. Especially when the fight was considered terrible by most.

Well was only wondering cause this is a boxing > MMA thread, meanwhile I'm realizing this is the first million buyrate boxing PPV in 2 years (since Floyd/Manny), where as UFC had seven different 1-1.6 million buyrate's in that same timeframe, plus a bunch others in the 800-900k range. I guess I was genuinely confused about what the topic creator was gloating about. Especially when the fight was considered terrible by most.

This is a boxing > mma in 2017 that's why I specifically said to skip it this year. Next year the UFC should have some big fights, but 2017 for the UFC is nothing to write home about. Plus the picture is much closer than you paint but I'm not gonna get into that right now.

Anyway combat sports are cyclical boxing will have great years while the UFC might not have such a great time after Conor retires.

They really don't even need ppv to survive. Tbh, as a major boxing fan, I'm shocked at the buyrates that do so damn well when the fight will be free on your TV in less than 3 days in full HD. MMA you have to hope a hd torrent pops up quick

This is a boxing > mma in 2017 that's why I specifically said to skip it this year. Next year the UFC should have some big fights, but 2017 for the UFC is nothing to write home about. Plus the picture is much closer than you paint but I'm not gonna get into that right now.

Anyway combat sports are cyclical boxing will have great years while the UFC might not have such a great time after Conor retires.
Okay got yeah. Well yeah, in that case GGG vs. Canelo should probably be the biggest fight/match of the year and boxing will prevail. But nonetheless I still think UFC will start picking up in July. The PPV this weekend already looks a lot better then Feb-April.

Canelo and Chavez Jr. a huge stars. Chavez was of course way past his prime. So the fight sucked. It's like watching a fedor fight. Name still sells. Canelo vs GGG will be huge. But I see GGG winning even if I prefer Canelo.

Lol I doubt that. Says who, golden boy promotions? I bet it didn't even hit 500k buys.

They're actually legitimate numbers,unlike the UFC who don't release their official numbers for some reason,which makes them based on unreliable estimates,or they release fake ones.

What r u talking about.
The UFC has dogshit ppv numbers these days.
Can't sell anything outside Rousey or McGregor. Awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back