Replaying The Last of Us

I've beaten it so many damn times I don't even remember it being hard anymore. The whole game is locked into my memory, what to do, where to do it, etc.

One of my favorite gaming experiences of all time. I genuinely got teary eyed the first time I played it, stuff with kids destroys me.

I've beaten it so many damn times I don't even remember it being hard anymore. The whole game is locked into my memory, what to do, where to do it, etc.

One of my favorite gaming experiences of all time. I genuinely got teary eyed the first time I played it, stuff with kids destroys me.
Same here my man. Played the ever lasting shit out of the game, every mode has pretty much become easy mode lol

I can't wait for the next entry

I'm actually worse at the game now than I used to be. I need to practice more and start streaming it again...

I am loving this game. I played it this morning up until the last minute that I had to leave for work. It's been awhile since I've had a game hold my attention.

Played it on PS3 and thought it was a quality game. Didn't like it that much because stealth games aren't really my thing. When I played it, I had just put hundreds of hours into GTAV and COD: Advanced Warfare so it really felt like I was playing in slo motion with no ammo.

I think I’m the only person in the world who thought this was a really bad game. I just don’t get the hype. The gameplay felt clunky and the story seemed pretty generic. Uncharted 2-3 and the Tomb Raider reboot were so much better IMO.

I think I’m the only person in the world who thought this was a really bad game. I just don’t get the hype. The gameplay felt clunky and the story seemed pretty generic. Uncharted 2-3 and the Tomb Raider reboot were so much better IMO.
Yeah i really disagree here. Everything i did in the game felt responsive, and outside of Y being used to pick items up and open doors(i believe, been awhike), it all worked. The story also was done really well, and kept me engaged throughout. I will agree it has somewhat been done before, but the actual level of immersion and camera work during cutscenes, was spot-on. It resonated with me. Made me care about the actual characters within. And when a game makes me sympathetic with a cannibal in charge of a group of survivors outside of safe zones, i think that's great. Voice acting was fantastic as well.

I totally can see why others would not like it, and the complaints are somewhat valid. I don't see much originality in games anymore, so it's the little touches that being it all together for me.

I felt like I was immersed in a digital Cormac MacCarthy/ Danny Boyle afterlife. By the end I was emotionally exhausted.

It was a great escape.

The story is what it is. It's familiar, but I believe the ending brought it all home, and set it apart from the pack.

I'll never understand the "clunky gameplay" complaint though. Shit is tight. I can't think of one thing it did wrong in that department. If I had a complaint, it would only be Joel's X-Ray vision, because it's silly superpower stuff that doesn't really fit with the grounded realism the game was trying to convey. I can get past the "constructing weapons in two seconds" videogame type of stuff, but that X-Ray vision was a bit much.

I haven't played TLoU since my first play-through on my PS3 (gone now). I can't wait to re-visit it on my PS4.

The story is what it is. It's familiar, but I believe the ending brought it all home, and set it apart from the pack.

I'll never understand the "clunky gameplay" complaint though. Shit is tight. I can't think of one thing it did wrong in that department. If I had a complaint, it would only be Joel's X-Ray vision, because it's silly superpower stuff that doesn't really fit with the grounded realism the game was trying to convey. I can get past the "constructing weapons in two seconds" videogame type of stuff, but that X-Ray vision was a bit much.
It's automatically disabled on the two highest difficulty levels, which is part of why I prefer grounded mode. Also, technically it's supposed to be Joel focusing his hearing, they just give the player a visual representation to assist them. But I hear you, I'd rather do without it.

Last edited:
I felt like I was immersed in a digital Cormac MacCarthy/ Danny Boyle afterlife. By the end I was emotionally exhausted.

It was a great escape.

It had hints of The Road, huh? Even some Blood Meridian sprinkled in actually.

Had the opposite experience. I replayed it on the ps4 as the remastered version and I got bored before the one women gets killed.

The most emotionally invested I have ever been for a video game. The giraffe scene was amazing. So many feels and great game play. I had that bow down pat.

Easily top 5 game I have ever played.

The entire "winter" chapter is pure hell.

I played TLOU for the first time recently on PS4 and went with survivor difficulty. I tried to kill all enemies except some clicker hordes and carefully searched through every area for resources and collectibles until the Winter chapter. It felt like I was scrambling to survive the entire chapter and just focused on reaching the next checkpoint.

Definitely one of the most intense gaming experiences I've had.

I just finished the game yesterday. It was so much fun. I'll buy the 2nd as soon as it's out. I don't get hooked on games very often anymore. How is the multiplayer? I haven't renewed my PlayStation plus because I was burnt out on the games I currently own.

I just finished the game yesterday. It was so much fun. I'll buy the 2nd as soon as it's out. I don't get hooked on games very often anymore. How is the multiplayer? I haven't renewed my PlayStation plus because I was burnt out on the games I currently own.

A lot of people thought it was shitty, I enjoyed it though.

A first person mod of the game just came out, pretty fucking cool.

Back