Replaying The Last of Us | Page 4

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by TrainAllDay, Oct 23, 2016.

1. LOST CAUSE the last of a dying breed

LOST CAUSE
    I love this fucking game so much!

Screw the doctors, Joel did what he had to in order to save Ellen Page's sister.

2. Monkadelic Purple Belt

Monkadelic
    Come talk to me once you've got that platinum trophy

<{jojo}>

Also, Factions is one of my favourite multiplayer games going. Can't wait for Factions 2.

3. Total Immortal Good Mourning

Total Immortal
    All I have left are the multiplayer trophies, and I don't think I'll ever get those. Is the multiplayer still active?

4. Crimson Fury Elijah Modnar

Crimson Fury
    I did.

And I agree. I should play it more.

5. bandicoot Black Belt

bandicoot
    I have it and still haven't played it. :/

6. Captain Obvious Blue Belt

Captain Obvious
    It's a good game but the whole "OMG MASTERPIECE! IT TRANSCENDS GAMING!" type of reviews are way over the top IMO.

Story isn't very original and there were a ton of father/daughter type "protect the girl" relationships type of games out at the time. Hell, this wasn't even the only Zombie game to do that around that time (TWD).

It was a good game, but not some monumental thing that changed gaming like people make it out to be.

7. Monkadelic Purple Belt

Monkadelic
    Probably. I only dropped it when Uncharted came out.

8. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    The greatest videogame story ever told, and I suspect that will be told for a long time.

It shouldn't be touched. Less is more. Sometimes adding only takes things away-- symmetry, for example. When an arc is that perfectly drawn: count on greed to diminish it. Breaking Bad season 6, anyone? Why limit M*A*S*H to Korea? Reboot the same characters in the Gulf War! Hey, let's go full comic and fucking retcon Godfather I & II. Don't worry, it can't blanch the original if it's bad. Nothing is lost, right?

Right?

pinger likes this.
  9. SaiWa Green Belt

SaiWa
    yeah but if we go by your logic then Godfather II should not have been made because its the 2nd arc. And yet against all the odds they were able to make an even better movie with Godfather II.

or did I misread and you are talking about rebooting like what they are planning to do with Matrix.

10. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    Much of the material for the second film was drawn from original source novel.

Then we got Godfather III.

I rest my case.

11. pinger Purple Belt

pinger
    + 1.

The Franchise I jumped from Xbox for and was not dissapointed.

Uncharted was over-rated, but this... BY GOD.

Madmick likes this.
  12. SaiWa Green Belt

SaiWa
    Much? You mean at most half? The book (which I read a long time ago) included Vito's past but a lot of it was fleshed out in the 2nd movie. As a matter of fact some of the critics shitted on the movie but it was eventually re-evaluated to be as good if not better than the original as years passed on.

It doesn't change the fact that it was a 2nd movie which could have been complete shit and made at risk. Paramount actually didn't want Godfather II to have the "II" because it meant it was an "addition" to a story they have seen already. Godfather II was probably the first movie to be a numbered sequel and is one of handful of sequels to be equal or better than the original movie.

I do not acknowledge that there is a third Godfather movie...

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017 at 3:36 PM
  13. Total Immortal Good Mourning

Total Immortal
    The biggest fear I have with TLOU Part 2 is them changing Ellie to being the main character. I have a feeling this will take away the charm and appeal of having her as a companion. I love watching Ellie interact with various things while traveling together in the first game.

I would have liked a second game to perhaps focus on new characters, while Joel and Ellie make cameos or are both NPCs. I'll play it either way but I do have some concerns for now.

14. Madmick Stop Spoiling My TV Life (it's the one I like)

Madmick
    Despite Naughty Dog's uncanny track record I have a strong feeling that you're going to be embracing this mindset again.

15. 1PunchKO Voice of Reason

1PunchKO
    I need to replay this on ps4.. It's been years since I played it on ps3.

This is one of those games that has a totally unnecessary multiplayer aspect tacked on. Would have been fine as just a single player experience.

16. HereticBD Gold Belt

HereticBD
    It didn't interfere with the quality of the campaign, and Naughty Dog does MP surprisingly well in games that don't really require it. Both UC and TLOU MP is good fun, and TLOU MP is actually pretty unique compared to everything else out there. It's a nice bonus.

17. SaiWa Green Belt

SaiWa
    I have a more optimistic point of view. I have faith that Naughty Dog will do the original justice and create a fine sequel. Will it be as a great as the original or better like Godfather II is to Godfather? Most likely probably not but I can see a solid game review in the 80s that would satisfy me.

Let's not forget that the story in the Last of Us has been done in before time and time again in books and movies. The plot wasn't ground breaking but how it was executed through the game was and that's a huge vote of confidence for Naughty Dog IMO.