Rep. Chaffetz bails on the sinking ship

RetiredWisFighter

Amateur Fighter
@red
Reaction score
Rep. Jason Chaffetz, a Utah Republican and chairman of the House's powerful oversight committee, will not seek re-election to Congress, he announced Wednesday.

Re. Chaffetz was head of the committee focused on investigating Hillary Clinton's private server and Planned Parenthood.

Said he wants to go back home to his family. Right he wants to give up that cushy salary and all the kickbacks that both sides receive to be with his family uh huh sure. More like the two major investigations he oversaw did absolutely shit and Trump's approval rating is damn near an all time low for any POTUS this early into a presidency

Meh, I won't complain about a career politician deciding to hang em up.

If you have the capability to be a lifer in Congress you do it. The benefits way outweigh the costs. There's good reasons why there should be term limits/not lifetime benefits for members of Congress

If you have the capability to be a lifer in Congress you do it. The benefits way outweigh the costs. There's good reasons why there should be term limits/not lifetime benefits for members of Congress

He has all the benefits and I'm going to guess he had plenty of money even before he was elected and will make plenty after he is out.

Most likely he got tired of the shit or has a health reason he doesn't want to talk about.

Chaffetz is, by some accounts, worth less than $1M. Within three years from his retirement, his net worth will be over $10M.

He has all the benefits and I'm going to guess he had plenty of money even before he was elected and will make plenty after he is out.

Most likely he got tired of the shit or has a health reason he doesn't want to talk about.

He was born into money, but he didn't make much before going into politics (interestingly, he was married to Michael Dukakis' wife before he was). He'll make a lot more from the right-wing media or lobbying groups very soon than he made in his entire life before.

If I was him, I would have retired immediately after getting trounced by Cecile Richards, but better late than never.

His investigations did a lot in terms of helping Trumps Campiagn and aiding the general public in coming to the truth about Hillary's evil.

He should be forced to give up oversight committee - I mean he has no accountability now since he won't be answering to voters come 2018.

Also given the successful hatchetjob he did on Hillary - he's looking to get P-A-I-D. Remember this was the guy running around with the Comey letter a week out from the GE.

So provide no oversight check to executive branch the next two years, and then makes millions, likely tens of millions for it.

Scumbag wins.

he's clearly going into Media, his combative and aggressive personality will make him like a god tier Tucker Carlson IMO

If i was Fox News i'd hire him. if Youtube is any indication, this guy is like the hero to the young conservative channels that populate that part of YT

Looks like Fox News has a new late night host!

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, a Utah Republican and chairman of the House's powerful oversight committee, will not seek re-election to Congress, he announced Wednesday.

Re. Chaffetz was head of the committee focused on investigating Hillary Clinton's private server and Planned Parenthood.

Said he wants to go back home to his family. Right he wants to give up that cushy salary and all the kickbacks that both sides receive to be with his family uh huh sure. More like the two major investigations he oversaw did absolutely shit and Trump's approval rating is damn near an all time low for any POTUS this early into a presidency

He said he wants to work in the private sector. He will make a fuck ton more money doing that than working government.

He said he wants to work in the private sector. He will make a fuck ton more money doing that than working government.

And not because that communications degree is in such high demand or because he's going to go back to his old job doing PR for a pyramid scheme. It'll be a reward for shirking his duty to the country and going to bat for Trump.

And not because that communications degree is in such high demand or because he's going to go back to his old job doing PR for a pyramid scheme. It'll be a reward for shirking his duty to the country and going to bat for Trump.

Where's this cynicism when it comes to the Clinton Foundation? :D

Back