Renzo Gracie Academy or Marcelo Garcia Academy?

Now that we've got the thread going a little more productive...

I would like to second the person who said schedule should be a main factor. Even if you've decided to work both gi and no-gi, it's clear that no-gi is the one that's most important to you. Maybe you're a student, or have a job with weird hours, or some other reason to have an odd schedule. So check out which one has no gi classes that you can actually attend. Doesn't matter who's teaching if you can't go.

I heard Alliance NYC is cheaper then Renzo, MG, and Shaolin. I'm just sayin'

4X all state wrestling freestyle and greco. won NAGA's last year. looking for a good no-gi school worth 250 a month that focuses on no-gi. gi's are antiquated vestiges of a formalistic tradition, and a waste of training time. one you get in the cage or submission grappling tourney the guy doesn't have a gi on, i don't want to be forced to train with a gi. is there somewhere that offers no-gi classes morning, afternoon, and evening 5-6 days a week? renzo and marcelo don't...
So you're saying you sandbagged your way into a NAGA tourney win?

nah i haven't wrestled or worked out and been smokin a pack a day for 7 years so it's like im a newb no sandbagging

LOL Right hook out of nowhere!
Pow; right in the kissa!
family-guy.gif

nah i haven't wrestled or worked out and been smokin a pack a day for 7 years so it's like im a newb no sandbagging

What division did you enter, NoGi? If you entered the novice, you're a sandbagger. NAGA recommends a dude with your experience enter intermediate.

plus i didn't wrestle 24 hrs a day for years and years, the time ive been actively wrestling was probably only like 5 months.

muscle memory only lasts like 4 yrs so i have no experience

From the NAGA rules: "The training timeframes listed on the registration form are loose guidelines that are sometimes interpreted only as time trained in arts which have submissions. This is not the case. The time guidelines encompass all the time the competitor has spent on the mat.

If you have wrestled even one half of a season (even if it was 20 years ago), you do not belong in and cannot enter the Novice division.

Wrestlers generally belong in the Adult or Kids/Teens Intermediate or Advanced/Expert divisions. During the fighter registration interview that occurs at hte tournament we can determine if you belong in a lower division (Beginner)."

muscle memory only lasts like 4 yrs so i have no experience
Experience enough to tout your wrestling credentials both in your username and this thread :redface:

Okay I'm going to stop.
Good luck finding a gym that suits your needs. Any of the places in question will undoubtedly improve your game by leaps and bounds.
Stay humble, train hard, be nice, improve.

Experience enough to tout your wrestling credentials both in your username and this thread :redface:

Okay I'm going to stop.
Good luck finding a gym that suits your needs. Any of the places in question will undoubtedly improve your game by leaps and bounds.
Stay humble, train hard, be nice, improve.

well, unless his name is romeo he shouldn't be touting that either because he is not charming.

people who train using the gi suck. people who train exclusively without the gi have a superior edge. the following video is evidence of this.

If you add up all the time i've spent on the mat, it's less than 6 months aggregate.

And yet you claim to be a 4X All-State wrestler in freestyle AND greco-roman. So, either your state really,really sucks or you are fibbin'. Either way, bragging about winning NAGA with your credentials is akin to an average college basketball player bragging about winning MVP of a YMCA league.

plus i didn't wrestle 24 hrs a day for years and years, the time ive been actively wrestling was probably only like 5 months.

Weird, in another post you wrote: "I've made weight probably 1000 times. How do I do it? I make sure I'm half a pound under when I go to sleep, float off another half pound, and any inconsistencies in the scales is accounted for. "

In any case, I love training at Marcelo Garcia's.

Back