Renato Moicano Challenges Jose Aldo On Twitter

Renato easily dispatches Aldo. He's a monser.

Hopefully this fight gets made. It would be the last test Moicano needs to pass before getting in the title mix. For Aldo, it's a chance to up-end a fighter who is on the cusp of a title shot.

The match up is fantastic. Moicano can throw hands and take a decent strike. I would be interested to see if Moicano can eat power shots from Aldo. If Moicano can survive getting short-circuited by Aldo, then it is his fight to lose.

Aldo will have to fight smart if this kid can take his punches. Aldo fades late into fights where his opponent can effectively pressure him. The question then becomes if Aldo can fight a smart fight. Aldo looked like a genius against Edgar (rarely over extending, landing clean, avoiding incoming strikes, defending the takedown). Against Max, he did the exact opposite. Max was the second guy Aldo lost to that was a little longer.

Whether Aldo can put Moicano away is irrelevant to his ability to beat Max. Aldo will have to able to go a full 5 rounds while if he ever wants to beat Max.

Last edited:
Interesting fight! Both guys can be very technical, although Aldo has relied more on throwing balls to the wall lately. Great kicks, good hands, power, awesome jiu jitsu. I’d watch!

I’m with Aldo, but Renato could take it.

That is a hell of a match-up.
Honestly, probably one of the best matches on-paper that can be made at FW.

No idea who takes this. Will be interesting to see just how good Moicano is. Aldo is a hard test.

This is just the fight I was hoping for after moicano beat cub. I can't believe people still dont know who he is, but i suppose a big win against aldo might change that.

Hmmm actually he is right. Only fight that makes sense for him at the moment. That or rematch with Ortega.
Bektic, winner of Frankie/KZ, winner of zabit/yair all work just fine. Aldo and Ortega aren't the ONLY matches that make sense for him

who the hell is this guy

and why was Luke Thomas orgasming every time he said his name the other day
Luke Thomas is horrible. Hes a fair weather fan. Hype train passenger.

Moicano is def a good fighter.......
Luke is just a weirdo and seems to go too far, too soon.

Brazil vs. Brazil is not cool.

Moicano vs. Edgar or Mini Mendes.

I respect Moicano a lot, he's a heck of a fighter and he's good at pretty much everything. I'm pretty sure he will contend for the title at some point.

But Aldo has only 3 fights left before retiring. I'd rather see him take more compelling fights tbh. I know fight wise its a great match up that would definitely deliver, but on paper its just Aldo fighting yet again a new up and comer at 145.

I fancy a move to 155 for Aldo a lot more tbh. That or fights against other legends, but no hard fights against legit up and comers with no name value pls.

that's the fight to make. obviously whether it is in fact a title eliminator depends on who wins the max/ortega matchup. if both aldo and max win it would be hard to see aldo getting a third crack at holloway. holloway/moicano would be an insane fight, right up there with max/ortega

This fight makes a lot of sense (for Renato, for Aldo a bit less) and it would be a great one too. I hope it happens

Aldo's one of the GOATS but I have a hard time picking him over the new breed of Featherweights.

It's the one constant in combat sports, eventually the young come up and beat the old.

Aldo should beath him on paper. Aldo is basically more powerful Moicano.

Would love to see this fight happen.

Back