Rena vs Andy Nguyen for October GP Rizin event

Andrew784

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Just announced..many assume this was gonna be the fight.

As I said in the wmma thread, not going to count Nguyen out. I was wrong about her in her last two fights.

Good step up for RENA, Nguyen has been on a roll lately and is better than her record.

c4abe9be37aab102c6f227b7857e13c588f3fb0d_xlarge.jpg

[RIZIN 女子MMAトーナメントルール(49.0kg契約)]
RENA vs. アンディ・ウィン

The bracket set up. Looks like the first 2 rounds will happen on the October event with semis and finals will both be on the NYE event, that's how it looks from the graphic anyways
DGrUrinV0AA3EjK.jpg

Saori Ishioka and Kanna Asakura fight at DEEP JEWELS 17 at the end of the month, winner gets that far right spot

The bracket set up. Looks like the first 2 rounds will happen on the October event with semis and finals will both be on the NYE event, that's how it looks from the graphic anyways
DGrUrinV0AA3EjK.jpg

Saori Ishioka and Kanna Asakura fight at DEEP JEWELS 17 at the end of the month, winner gets that far right spot
That's only a three round bracket. Quarterfinals in October, semi and finals on NYE.

That's only a three round bracket. Quarterfinals in October, semi and finals on NYE.
Yeah, I think I counted the pictures as a round when looking at it. Only a 8-man bracket so 3 rounds

Nguyen should be the favorite. She is a more complete fighter than RENA.
I actually think RENA should be the underdog. She was lucky to win her fight against Dora Perjes.

I think Nguyen is too much for RENA. I wish they gave RENA an easier fight.
I don't want to see her go out in the first round of the tournament. I don't think RIZIN wants that either.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see who else they get. I suspect there will be plent of unknowns, with most atomweights signed elsewhere.

Mamamoto is also 100% for this Grand Prix, confirmed via press release

I have been very impressed with how much And has improved as of late. I still don't think it will be enough to take out the pride of Rizin though.

DGrUrinV0AA3EjK.jpg

At first glance I thought you were saying they were fighting everyone else as a tag team, because holy shit the violence lover in me couldn't turn away. Hashtag would watch.

Ishioka vs. Asakura should be a good fight. Kanna is legit, but Ishioka is bringing a lot of experience.

I'm assuming they'll have Alyssa Garcia somewhere also. Yamamoto is confirmed as she did what she needed to do to "Qualify" by defeating Robb.

I ain't counting out Nguyen either, think this fight will go on longer than many expect.

Good GP fight with Rena vs. the KOTC champion.

It will be interesting to see who else they get. I suspect there will be plent of unknowns, with most atomweights signed elsewhere.

In that case it would be really weird that they put Rena and Nguyen to fight each other in the first bracket :confused:

In that case it would be really weird that they put Rena and Nguyen to fight each other in the first bracket :confused:
Well, word on the street was that Rizin would never ask Andy back to begin with, so maybe the typical fight promoter arrogance leads them to believe that RENA will make quick work of her. If so, very shortsighted.

Well, word on the street was that Rizin would never ask Andy back to begin with, so maybe the typical fight promoter arrogance leads them to believe that RENA will make quick work of her. If so, very shortsighted.

or maybe the want to do a Wand vs Cro Cop kind of promotion and then in the last minute one of them pulls out

Hope Andy doesnt lose this weekend or next weekend i forget when she defends KOTC title

But i think she wins the Grand Prix

Back