Reminder: the UFC allowed Ronda to avoid media obligations..

Ronda got permission ahead of time to skip media stuff, it was part of her fight negotiations. No doubt she took a pay cut. Conor on the other hand did none of that and skipped out on media obligations that he'd already agreed to do.
Boom

Why is this in no mans land it had some interesting info :*( among the shit posting.

So UFC is asking favors for some super big names like Ronda, Brock, Conor ?

This sounds like a huge thing with Ronda and even with Brock this not named in the pool yet.. this fighter X but then gain it's a business decision so I kinda get it why they could say hey USADA can you be cool we are trying to run a business here we want a big surprise for the weekend card with Brock showing up at the main event can you guys like slow the paper work down and not update your site asap with a name.. thanks. :D

Who knows what other stuff Conor can get away with.. or Ronda etc.. whoever yea I know we don't have hard proof for anything so we can't get our pitch forks out.
Just for clarity:
I don't think the (current) Brock situation is shady. He re-entered the testing pool on what, July 3? And then wasn't immediately tested. Not enough time has transpired to say that Brock has received any sort of pass. As for the "Fighter X" that's not Brock. When they've done that in the past it was for TUF contestants so as to not reveal the names of fighters prior to the airing of TUF episodes. I recall someone (Rogan? Dana?) verifying that "Fighter X" was not Brock, but can't recall where I saw that video (post fight presser maybe?).

There is no publicly available list of fighters in/out of the testing pool. The only way to know is if they're tested (which verifys that they're obviously "in") or if they officially retire (which means they're "out"). Otherwise we don't know. However, as in Ronda's case it's obvious from the pattern of her testing. She went from the most tested UFC athlete to suddenly after the Holm loss, not being tested for 8 months. Then she's not only tested again, but tested frequently, the required 4 months to the day before the Nunes fight. And of course, after the Nunes fight night tests, she was never tested again (even though she didn't "retire" for quite some time afterwards, she was removed from the testing pool immediately after the Nunes fight).

The UFC's ability to remove someone from the testing pool, and then re-instate them, all without it having to be disclosed publicly is a HUGE issue. One that could be abused (and it appears in Ronda's case has been).

<30>

Damn.. was that fight a cash grab from the get go or she really cracked and said I'm out of here in hours after the fight. O. o
Like after the Holm loss and purple pillow stuff, everyone knew she wouldn't be fighting again anytime soon, so she was removed from the pool to allow her to relax without hassle/fear of random testing. As long as she re-entered 4 months prior to a fight, nobody had to know she ran not only from media and talking about her loss(es), but she also was running from testing. Ronda was tested on fight night after the Nunes fight (fight was 12-30-16 and her last test was just past midnight on 12-31-16), then she was never tested again (it's been 80+ weeks, >18 months, since that last test).

Like after the Holm loss and purple pillow stuff, everyone knew she wouldn't be fighting again anytime soon, so she was removed from the pool to allow her to relax without hassle/fear of random testing. As long as she re-entered 4 months prior to a fight, nobody had to know she ran not only from media and talking about her loss(es), but she also was running from testing. Ronda was tested on fight night after the Nunes fight (fight was 12-30-16 and her last test was just past midnight on 12-31-16), then she was never tested again (it's been 80+ weeks, >18 months, since that last test).

Gotcha you, good info overall. Thanks.

So UFC is asking favors for some super big names like Ronda, Brock, Conor ?

This sounds like a huge thing with Ronda and even with Brock this not named in the pool yet.. this fighter X but then gain it's a business decision so I kinda get it why they could say hey USADA can you be cool we are trying to run a business here we want a big surprise for the weekend card with Brock showing up at the main event can you guys like slow the paper work down and not update your site asap with a name.. thanks. :D

Who knows what other stuff Conor can get away with.. or Ronda etc.. whoever yea I know we don't have hard proof for anything so we can't get our pitch forks out.

thing is, IF ronda left the pool temporarily, then she served the mandatory four months on her return. thats now six months.

the focus is so hard on usada its pretty hard now for a fighter to go a considerable period of time without testing. I report the fighters who have gone longest without testing every week..

Back