Reminder : The First Time Dana White Met Conor McGregor

i believe its bruce lee reference. Thats what they call the chain punches in wing chung/jkd.

"In some of his books, Bruce Lee mentions how boxers would scoff at this 'funny' looking technique, but when they were not expecting it in sparring matches, they would take the brunt of the attack, be thrown off guard and defeated"

Interesting.

Conor by Straight Blast round 1

Imagine if someone told you on the date that this video of Conor and Dana was taken that this 24 year old kid from Dublin, Ireland would challenge Floyd Mayweather and pull him out of retirement and fight him in a boxing contest which a lot of people are calling the "biggest fight in combat sports history"...you would probably laugh and tell whoever said that to shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of the room.

One of the last times in Conor's life he was ever nervous.

not pictured: Conor fellating Dana to get the monster marketing push he got + free title shots in any weight class without the responsibility of defending belts.

Every second word an F-bomb and calling Conor "kid", classic Dana. The only thing missing was "goof".

Yep
I mean he had star potential, but nobody thought this big
Yea, but them recognizing a superstar, not like they were the types to know..

Also took alot of luck and planning. They prolly expected the same from Huerta, Forrest, Cain, etc..

Yea, but them recognizing a superstar, not like they were the types to know..

Also took alot of luck and planning. They prolly expected the same from Huerta, Forrest, Cain, etc..

They said Conor was going to be the biggest PPV star ever
They said that before he main evented

Show me where they said/expected the same from anybody else?

;)

Lorenzo was ridiculed for saying Conor is bigger than Brock (before his first main) & he never said that about anybody else

They said Conor was going to be the biggest PPV star ever
They said that before he main evented

Show me where they said/expected the same from anybody else?

;)

Lorenzo was ridiculed for saying Conor is bigger than Brock (before his first main) & he never said that about anybody else
Yea I didnt even watch the clip.

Just saying they may have said something similar about another fighter, but never released footage if it didn't pan out. Had Conor got lnpd by Mendes, beat by Aldo, lost that close rematch to Nate, lost the original Dos Anjos match up pre Nate, etc....

Conor was obviously a star in terms of image and presence. But him backing it up had to happen to make him a superstar

Imagine if someone told you on the date that this video of Conor and Dana was taken that this 24 year old kid from Dublin, Ireland would challenge Floyd Mayweather and pull him out of retirement and fight him in a boxing contest which a lot of people are calling the "biggest fight in combat sports history"...you would probably laugh and tell whoever said that to shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of the room.
I remember everyone was laughing at Conors claims that he would be a champ in 1 year and 2-division champ after that

Back