Reminder that Floyd said 145 Manny Paq hits harder than Conor...

Conor didn't commit to his punches vs Floyd like he does in MMA, he was afraid of being countered and slept, he fought timid. You could even tell from his body language before and during the fight that he felt the pressure of the moment. He might be strong mentally but he was still going in unfamiliar territory and that affected him.

I don’t want to start shit or clown anybody, but the ignorance in his thread is shocking. Manny Pacquiao has way more power than Conor Mcgregor, and in both hands. All other obvious proof aside, just use the eye test. Watch the Manny highlights posted in the thread already, and compare them to Conor’s best shots. If your honest reaction is that Conor might hit harder you are heavily biased or just don’t know what you are looking at.

Manny is a natural 145er or below, and Floyd said Conor's power was nothing special.

Let's remember this before we overhype his boxing.

Meanwhile, Daniel Cormier, an Olympian will back Khabib's grappling skills as will many top level grapplers.

Yeah his power did not translate too well to boxing that is for sure. Conor does have good power but it is overrated by many people. Conor has one chance to win this fight and that has to be done by the second round. He is good and can maybe pull it off but I doubt it.

He could not take his best skill (striking) and make it work to beat a semi retired smaller fighter than him. There is no way Conor takes his arguably worst skillset (grappling) and do enough with it to beat Khabib.

Well only the slight few of his fans would be surprised, most people know that Manny is just down right far far superior to Connor when it comes to punching.

Connor is great at MMA he couldn’t be a journeyman in boxing

Hatton was below WW. And my point was at WW he is not a power puncher. He didn't carry his power with him when he moved up to WW. That's not an insult, that's the truth. He is still the second best P4p boxer since he moved up. He just isn't a big threat to finish guys at WW. He has zero KOs and only 2 stoppages at WW and both stoppages where because he landed a million punches more then him having devastating power

You’re right, it was at light WW, still think he’s a power puncher. There isn’t a WW who is wanting to eat shots from Manny. He may not carry as much power at WW, but, I would still say he hits pretty hard. Esp in comparison to guys like Conor.

Happens when you don’t know how to throw a punch all that well based on technique

I'd bet my house Manny punches harder than Conor. I'd also bet Conor would roundhouse Manny and send
Well only the slight few of his fans would be surprised, most people know that Manny is just down right far far superior to Connor when it comes to punching.

Connor is great at MMA he couldn’t be a journeyman in boxing

If given the right opponents or the right journeymen Conor could make tons boxing.

Boxing's talent pool is 5 times that of mma, and they focus solely on hands. Obviously you'll get guys who hit harder.

This is Connor’s octagon. Khabib will not last 13 seconds

You’re right, it was at light WW, still think he’s a power puncher. There isn’t a WW who is wanting to eat shots from Manny. He may not carry as much power at WW, but, I would still say he hits pretty hard. Esp in comparison to guys like Conor.

Happens when you don’t know how to throw a punch all that well based on technique
Yes he is a MUCH more powerful puncher then Conor and any MMA fighter at 155LB and under, but a power puncher in Boxing (at WW)? He was not close to one of the hardest punchers at WW. I mean, after his first year at WW, Manny went 8 straight years at WW without stopping anyone. Can you think of any "power puncher" in Boxing that went 8 years without stopping anyone? Fans may not want to admit it (although its not a bad thing) but Manny's punching power at WW is around the same as Floyd's. Floyd is another Boxer who's power didn't translate to WW/jrMW.

If given the right opponents or the right journeymen Conor could make tons boxing.

Doubt it. He only has one, maybe 2 fights against big names where he can make big money in Boxing (a Canelo or GGG). Give Conor opponents he can beat in Boxing and interest will quickly fall off. Kinda like how no one gave a fuck when Kimbo (who was a top 5 draw in MMA) went to Boxing

Doubt it. He only has one, maybe 2 fights against big names where he can make big money in Boxing (a Canelo or GGG). Give Conor opponents he can beat in Boxing and interest will quickly fall off. Kinda like how no one gave a fuck when Kimbo (who was a top 5 draw in MMA) went to Boxing

Canelo or GGG will likely result in knockouts that will come with concussions that will have long term effects in terms of future combat.

Obviously Conor fighting picked opponents has a time limit but it would be interesting how much money would be made in such window.

Canelo or GGG will likely result in knockouts that will come with concussions that will have long term effects in terms of future combat.

Obviously Conor fighting picked opponents has a time limit but it would be interesting how much money would be made in such window.

Canelo or GGG comes with a big pay day, although likely not as big as people would think. Conor fighting boxers he could beat wont sell shit

I'd bet my house Manny punches harder than Conor. I'd also bet Conor would roundhouse Manny and send

He could make tons regardless, I just don’t think at this point he could transition and be a world class boxer.

He’s world class MMA hands down

Back