Reminder that Floyd said 145 Manny Paq hits harder than Conor...

Lol is this the narrative now?
How so? Manny was a huge puncher at 130 and below. he has next to no KOs above that. He'd destroy Conor in striking at any weight because he is so much more skilled he'd land at will, he's out of his league skill wise. But harder hitting for one shot if it lands I don't know it might be Conor.

145 pounder? Pacquiao is far from it. He started his career at 106 pounds (as a teenager) and his natural fighting weight is 126 or 130. He's tiny, he has the frame of a 126 pounder. He doesn't cut any weight to fight at 147, and always comes in underweight.

But either way yeah, he hits harder than Conor, much harder, as does pretty much every opponent in Floyd's career as does Floyd. Top pro boxers hit ridiculously hard, and by boxing standards Conor hits like a little girl. Paulie level power. There is no snap or torque to his shots like elite pro boxers, they are glorified arm punches.

He gets results in MMA because his accuracy and timing is very good, and that combined with his reach and poise in the cage is very hard for MMA fighters to deal with - who generally fucking awful defence and chins, and simply don't have the skill or experience to deal with decent boxing, even if that decent boxing is basically just a good counter left cross.

Just a reminder of what people were saying before the fight.

"He just has to touch him and Floyd will be KO'd!" - Joe Rogan.

UepSTfZ.gif

aosECR9.gif

Dat left hand tho!

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

bzojdyzyyeug5zuzg.jpg

xbu4k9l8yeq63wvzg.jpg

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

giphy.gif

How so? Manny was a huge puncher at 130 and below. he has next to no KOs above that. He'd destroy Conor in striking at any weight because he is so much more skilled he'd land at will, he's out of his league skill wise. But harder hitting for one shot if it lands I don't know it might be Conor.

lol, you have to be joking right?

Pacquiao hits much harder, it's not even close. Pacquiao has a huge amount of energy and snap to his shots that Conor simply doesn't, as well as much better technique, balance, weight transfer etc.

3 people who have sparred or fought Conor - all significantly smaller no less - stated his power is average, nothing special at all.

Then pretty much everyone who has fought Manny says he hits like a truck, including Mosley who has fought some big guys.

Pacquiao feints were sending Floyd halfway across the ring, yet against Conor he just plodded forward without a care in the world, like he was sparring a day 1 novice.

Here's Pacquiao's left cross.

alg7bp.jpg

And Conor's.

giphy.gif

lol, you have to be joking right?

Pacquiao hits much harder, it's not even close. Pacquiao has a huge amount of energy and snap to his shots that Conor simply doesn't, as well as much better technique, balance, weight transfer etc.

3 people who have sparred or fought Conor - all significantly smaller no less - stated his power is average, nothing special at all.

Then pretty much everyone who has fought Manny says he hits like a truck, including Mosley who has fought some big guys.

Pacquiao feints were sending Floyd halfway across the ring, yet against Conor he just plodded forward without a care in the world, like he was sparring a day 1 novice.

Here's Pacquiao's left cross.

alg7bp.jpg

And Conor's.

giphy.gif
he's insanely better at boxing. that's not the same thing.

Manny is a natural 145er or below, and Floyd said Conor's power was nothing special.

Let's remember this before we overhype his boxing.

Meanwhile, Daniel Cormier, an Olympian will back Khabib's grappling skills as will many top level grapplers.
So Floyd Mayweather, Conor's last opponent, said he isn't special. This is not comparable to Daniel Cormier, Khabib's teammate, saying Khabib is special.

None of Floyd's opponents at WW and above hit Floyd great besides Mosley and Maidana. But they still landed harder punches then anything Conor landed. Conor fans are bringing up one uppercut that has nothing on it.
The vídeo posted shows a way powerfull straight left that landed in a Exchange with Floyd... And this is my point exactly, nobody even touches Mayweather face most of the time.... Castillo who arguably won a fight agaisnt Floyd did it with body punches, didn't hit the face flush in any way or shape... Conor a newbie actually did, like a dozen, most of them were not hard it's true, his footwork wasn't good, he lost a lot of power because of that, but those are the perks of fighting a true legendary boxer in his own game with limited experience and sub-par training. Everybody who knows anything of boxing knows he did well taking in consideration the context...
Rick Hatton was a sucesfull pro boxer and did like 100 times worst, dude could only hug Mayweather.

It’s actually 4 if you count the Oscar fight. He’s had more losses in the past 17 fights than the rest of his career as well. He’s about to be 40. Not everyone falls off the same way, not everyone maintains that power. Not saying he’s KO’ing people left and right like before, but he’s definitely still a solid power puncher. He has been his whole career.
Hatton was below WW. And my point was at WW he is not a power puncher. He didn't carry his power with him when he moved up to WW. That's not an insult, that's the truth. He is still the second best P4p boxer since he moved up. He just isn't a big threat to finish guys at WW. He has zero KOs and only 2 stoppages at WW and both stoppages where because he landed a million punches more then him having devastating power

manny is the second best boxer of his generation (and also full of PEDs)

cormier is not even the second best wrestler in UFC and of course he is going to hype his team mate

How sad is sherdog that we are debating conor being a bigger power puncher then many fucking paquiao.

You really thought this thread was a good idea? I get it's a troll thread, but even then, really?

Yikes

You have a cheek to try and criticise anybody!

All you do is make threads or leave comments on newly started threads (to ensure your comment is seen at the top by more people) to receive 'likes'.

Never any decent insight. What a putrid human.

context matters my boi :)

you know jackshit about baseball.
Why don't you provide your alleged context instead of spouting off one-liners like an uninformed jackass? At least I backed my post up with statistical evidence instead of just blowing myself like you. Michael jordan tried baseball and sucked. Floyd would suck at mma. Conor is going to send khabib's head into the first row.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back