Reminder that Floyd said 145 Manny Paq hits harder than Conor...

Not hitting as hard as Pacquiao is not something to be ashamed of and it applies to like 99% of the population lol

I'm sure Manny hits harder because Floyd himself looked to have more power behind his punches than Conor. Conor just can't generate the same kind of momentum with bigger heavier gloves. He was throwing the same kind of punches he does in the octagon, that just isn't enough to knock out people in boxing
no he wasn't. he was throwing arm punches. rewatch it. In MMA he throws power punches he pushes off from his feet and turns his hips into them.

Floyd didn't take a single flush shot to the head and has never been punched by Conor with 4oz gloves

everything is different in MMA.

Gloves don't make you hit any harder just protects your hands better. I mean ubless you'r using some giant sockembopper bag gloves.

Regardless conor can Crack thats blatant lol, not hitting as hard as manny Pacquiao isnt really a bad thing, mannys an atg who hits like a truck.

People forget the freak Pacquiao was in his prime. An excellent combination of power and speed. Pac was a devastating puncher so no surprise to hear Floyd say that.
But Manny is not close to a power puncher at 147. Before his last fight, he hadn't had a KO/TKO in like 9 years

LOL at anybody thinking Conor hits harder than Manny. He's fighting in MMA with smaller gloves, has nowhere near the crispness of punching technique, and rarely one punch KO's anybody (other than Aldo who literally ran right into the fist and then hit his chin on his knee). Conor has great power for MMA punching for his weight but a lot of that is timing,accuracy, and a reach advantage. His power is good but overrated. Boxers, especially somebody at the very top like Manny, have a different level of power and technique.

Conor was never an international level boxer.
Khabib was an international level grappler (two time Combat Sambo World Champion, Judo black belt).

Just because you can punch does not make you a boxer. Knocking out world class boxers versus knocking out MMA fighters with punches is not the same thing.

Think about it this way, Ray Mercer (former WBO HW Champ) knocked out former 2x UFC HW Champ Tim Sylvia with one punch in 9 seconds. Sylvia has never suffered a knockout defeat like that.

The credentials in punching are not the same nor should anyone expect them to be.

I'm on my phone, I'm not sure how. He ended up deleting the OP and it was moved to the OT
tumblr_lgbj1gOtSX1qf8yek.gif

my bad mang

no he wasn't. he was throwing arm punches. rewatch it. In MMA he throws power punches he pushes off from his feet and turns his hips into them.
Conor has pretty poor punching technique by boxing standards. He lunges into his punches and puts all his weight on his front foot. That would have got him countered bad against Floyd, so he was content to just poke at Floyd

COuld be Pacquiao is a hell of a puncher, but Conor was able to actually counter Mayweather and those are the most dangerous shot you can get hit with, for Conor first bout as a boxer he did great, actually countering Floyd, almost nobody can say they catched Floyd like that, but people like to forget Floyd was inactive for a long time, took a younger and way bigger Canelo and make him look like a total amateur.

By your logic, arm wrestling is on par with boxing in terms of fighting.
What the fuck are you talking about? I was agreeing with you bro! Boxing is not real fighting. How could it be. Real fights don't have refs and rules to save you

Manny is a high caliber pro boxer. Of course he hits harder than Conor. He's also a better boxer.

That doesn't mean Conor can't TKO or even KO Khabib.

It means Khabib has to wrestle which, thankfully, he does pretty half decently.....

COuld be Pacquiao is a hell of a puncher, but Conor was able to actually counter Mayweather and those are the most dangerous shot you can get hit with, for Conor first bout as a boxer he did great, actually countering Floyd, almost nobody can say they catched Floyd like that, but people like to forget Floyd was inactive for a long time, took a younger and way bigger Canelo and make him look like a total amateur.
Literally almost every one Floyd boxed hit him cleaner then Conor did.

True! Any thing that has time limits and a ref to save you is not real fighting

MMA and boxing are both sports in the sense of being contested with rules. However, they are both forms of fighting. Changing the scenery I don't think nullifies their abilities to hurt an individual in a "real fight". If anything whoever is fighting the boxer is in more trouble now that there is no time limit, and no ref. lol

So, because Floyd said it we should just ignore what everyone else has said/felt and what our own eyes can frickin' see? Using the Mayweather fight to belittle Conor is just ridiculous. I don't know who's worse, his haters or his nuthuggers.

Conor has pretty poor punching technique by boxing standards. He lunges into his punches and puts all his weight on his front foot. That would have got him countered bad against Floyd, so he was content to just poke at Floyd
anybody who thought he was an elite level boxer was an idiot. His only chance to win was to go for broke and hope to land a lucky punch; but instead he threw arm punches to look better in defeat.

Back