Reminder that Floyd said 145 Manny Paq hits harder than Conor...

Yes he is a MUCH more powerful puncher then Conor and any MMA fighter at 155LB and under, but a power puncher in Boxing (at WW)? He was not close to one of the hardest punchers at WW. I mean, after his first year at WW, Manny went 8 straight years at WW without stopping anyone. Can you think of any "power puncher" in Boxing that went 8 years without stopping anyone? Fans may not want to admit it (although its not a bad thing) but Manny's punching power at WW is around the same as Floyd's. Floyd is another Boxer who's power didn't translate to WW/jrMW.

will agree with this post, good stuff.

He could make tons regardless, I just don’t think at this point he could transition and be a world class boxer.

He’s world class MMA hands down

If you put Conor in Boxing against guys he can beat, he would make pennies. Its like how Kimbo was one of the top draws in MMA, but no one gave a fuck when he went to boxing to fight bumbs. Only way Conor makes money in Boxing is if he goes against guys that would give him brain damage

Manny is a natural 145er or below, and Floyd said Conor's power was nothing special.

Let's remember this before we overhype his boxing.

Meanwhile, Daniel Cormier, an Olympian will back Khabib's grappling skills as will many top level grapplers.

I would love to see conor vs pacquiao in a boxing sparring match

Conors power is overrated he has sloppy opponents in ufc but when he fought a top level boxer his punches looked sloppy not crispy and he was throwing all his weight and couldnt hurt a 40 year old floyd who barely weighed 148 on fight night, while conor weighed 170 when he fought floyd.

Pacquiao would startch conor so nasty, even conor knows this, if they boxed it wouldnt be pretty, pacquiao would light conor up down the middle, conor fights with his chin open and his guard down.

Why in the world would he choose to punch with less power in a boxing match?? Boxers just hit much harder...When he had Mayweather hurt in the corner after that body shot (or low blow) he was throwing as hard as he could.

The truth is Conor’s power is probably below average by boxing standards. Even is MMA his power is massively overrated. Don’t get me wrong he has plenty of power, but it’s his timing and accuracy that kills people, especially with 4oz gloves.

MMA boxing is just different. You have to worry about kicks and takedowns you can’t throw the same way as you can in a pure boxing match. It’s mechanics of the body. Boxers sit down on their punches more and put more of their body into it, and spend all their time working on their hands. Honestly, someone like Mayweather who is often called pillow fisted in the boxing world, would be an be a deadly knockout artist in MMA. The gap is that big.

tell that to every fighter conor has ko'd stiff...tell that to aldo, pourier, mendes, eddie and countless others he can't hit hard.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't hit hard but saying "tell that to every fighter Conor has KOed stiff" then following that with a list of names that only has 1 guy that was "KOed stiff" looks pretty dumb.

You wanna see what KOed stiff looks like look up JMM vs Manny 4, or Fransis vs Reem, Rumble vs everyone but DC, Mark Hunt fights. Conor has "KOed stiff" exactly 1 guy in the UFC, why do people keep saying this?

Here is the video of Floyds close personal bodyguard telling fight hype that Floyd revealed to him that Pacquiao hit him the hardest

SHANE MOSLEY: "PACQUIAO, HE JUST TOUCHES YOU AND YOU'RE ALREADY WOBBLING"
"Pacquiao has some pretty good punching power. He has some different hitting power. He's not physically strong, but he hits pretty good, like he has a good snap or something. He's got something in his hands where he just, pop, and you can wobble. He can hurt you...I don't know how he throws his punches, but he does something where when he lands, it has a different impact. I mean, I get hit by, even now, I get hit by bigger guys all the time and there's no dazing, I don't wobble, I don't do any of that stuff. I don't feel like I'm getting ready to wobble or anything. With Pacquiao, he just touches you and you're already wobbling. It's not like he's heavy-handed. He's not heavy-handed. It's weird. It's the weirdest thing," stated former welterweight champion Shane Mosley, who spoke more about the experience of facing Manny Pacquiao. Check out what else Mosley had to say as he discusses Pacquiao's strengths, sheds light on his game plan going into the fight, and much more.

Pac man probably does hit harder than Conor. He is known for his power. Conor has knocked out 1 guy w 1 punch kinda..as he hit aldo running forward and even then aldo was conscious and got tagged 2 more times on ground. People saying Conor is super powerful are nuts. He uses angles and precision as his main tools not power. Sure he hits hard w the left, but its not like he knocks people unconscious w his super human power.

I'm sure most elite Atomweights punch harder than Colin. His punches against Floyd look like how a Atomweight punches, but not a elite one, a journeyman atomweight..

Yes yet's listen to Floyd the same guy who called Gatti a bum yet begged HBO for the fight.

What's dumb is that TS had to evem make this thread.

What's dumber is that we have Conor nuthuggers trying to argue that Conor actually hits harder.

I'm not saying the guy doesn't hit hard but saying "tell that to every fighter Conor has KOed stiff" then following that with a list of names that only has 1 guy that was "KOed stiff" looks pretty dumb.

You wanna see what KOed stiff looks like look up JMM vs Manny 4, or Fransis vs Reem, Rumble vs everyone but DC, Mark Hunt fights. Conor has "KOed stiff" exactly 1 guy in the UFC, why do people keep saying this?

conor has stopped more people in the first round than mark hunt or pretty much every fighter. so while conor may not have the 1 punch ko power as hunt, he's pretty close...I have seen conor hurt guys badly, with grazing shots.

Manny doesn't have to train grappling, kicking or touch-butt. It makes sense Manny hits harder when all he does is train his hands.

conor has stopped more people in the first round than mark hunt or pretty much every fighter. so while conor may not have the 1 punch ko power as hunt, he's pretty close...I have seen conor hurt guys badly, with grazing shots.

Power close to Hunt? Don’t be ridiculous.

Pac man probably does hit harder than Conor. He is known for his power. Conor has knocked out 1 guy w 1 punch kinda..as he hit aldo running forward and even then aldo was conscious and got tagged 2 more times on ground. People saying Conor is super powerful are nuts. He uses angles and precision as his main tools not power. Sure he hits hard w the left, but its not like he knocks people unconscious w his super human power.

You really need to watch his fights in cage warriors...he has numerous 1 punch ko's...remember, finishing a guy off on the ground with follow up strikes is still pretty much a 1 punch ko...how often do you see the ref stop a fight based off of one punch..it happens rarely...you almost always have to follow up with ground and pound to finish a guy.

I meant in regards to his weight class...of course...not power vs power...but relative to their weight class...

I figured that but still, that seems absurd to me. Who has more KO’s? Hunt by a wide margin.

It is true Conors power is overrated, you cant hide behind the boxing gloves, a lot of pro boxers with power knock guys out with those gloves. If Conor had real power he would have iced Floyd with how many free shots Floyd gave him. Floyd NEVER gives boxers free shots like that, because he knows the ones who have power and who dont and once he tasted Conors punch he knew this guy cant hurt me is that all?

He outweighed Floyd big time and still couldn't hurt him, and Floyd fought him non defensive so there would be no excuse

he basically took Conors morale.

A lot of the conor fans said Floyd will run, but Floyd fought the opposite of how he usually fights he just walked Conor down letting Conor tee off on him and gave Conor every opportunity to knock him out, and Conor couldn't do a dam thing

Imagine if Floyd fought Pacquiao the way he fought Conor with a lazy defense sticking his tongue out slowly walking forward letting Pacquiao hit him, Floyd would be knocked out and battered.

Floyd didn't respect Conor at all, but some people act like its a moral victory how? when a 148 pound 40 year old boxer not known for his aggression and typically defensive carried you and let you hit him.

Pacman is way smaller than Conor yet he can drop much bigger dudes like this who are going backward, Conors only vicious KO came when the guy ran into his punch

Back