Reminder : McGregor Said He Would Defend Both Belts

Tony didn't have any top 5 wins. Khabib was on vacation. Who were you figuring deserved a title shot there over Conor?

If you are referring to at the time Conor moved up, anyone in the division who had more fights than Conor in the division was more entitled. If you are referring to now, Ferguson and Poirier deserved a shot first.

Like you'd say anything else.

A guy fighting the supposed killer match-up nightmare Khabib a weight class above his own when the guy doesn't even make the weight 25% of the time is not picking easy fights. lmao Get over it you little girl.

A guy fighting the supposed killer match-up nightmare Khabib a weight class above his own when the guy doesn't even make the weight 25% of the time is not picking easy fights. lmao Get over it you little girl.

Ad-hominem attacks are a sign of defeat. Featherweight was never Conors division. He was way too big. He did it for a size advantage. He is fighting at his natural optimum weight class at LW. Get it right dude. He has no choice but to fight Khabib. He slapped his boy and took his belt. Conor would be exposed as a pussy if didnt take it. That means less stock and less money to whore for.

If you are referring to at the time Conor moved up, anyone in the division who had more fights than Conor in the division was more entitled. If you are referring to now, Ferguson and Poirier deserved a shot first.

So everyone in the MW division deserved a title shot more than GSP? That's not how it works, and you just said so yourself as I caught caught and exposed you in a LIE. You said the division had a bunch of contenders available when it did not. Not the first time the fight was scheduled, or the second after Conor beat a top 5 LW. Something Khabib and Tony had failed to do at the time.

Now if you're referring to now, why would an injured Tony Ferguson deserve a title shot? Why would the guy Conor knocked stiff deserve a title shot over him for hardly going 1-1 against the guy Conor convincingly knocked stiff as well. Conor is the lineal champion. He deserves the shot. Deal with it.

Khabib was the best guy then and he's still the best guy now

So it's not like we aren't getting the fight, it just took an annoyingly long period of time

So everyone in the MW division deserved a title shot more than GSP? That's not how it works, and you just said so yourself as I caught caught and exposed you in a LIE. You said the division had a bunch of contenders available when it did not. Not the first time the fight was scheduled, or the twice after Conor beat a top 5 LW. Something Khabib and Tony had failed to do.

Now if you're referring to now, why would an injured Tony Ferguson deserve a title shot? Why would the guy Conor knocked stiff deserve a title shot over him for hardly beating the guy Conor convincingly knocked stiff as well. Conor is the lineal champion. Deal with it.

Yes. My standards apply to all. GSP did not deserve it more than Whittaker nor did he deserve it more than a Weidman or Jacare. Lol, if it helps you sleep at night. I approve of DC getting a shot at HW because he has an unblemished record there and left a title shot just for his boy Cain. Quickly, read my post and respond. Noooooo! Not my Conor!

Ad-hominem attacks are a sign of defeat. Featherweight was never Conors division. He was way too big. He did it for a size advantage. He is fighting at his natural optimum weight class at LW. Get it right dude. He has no choice but to fight Khabib. He slapped his boy and took his belt. Conor would be exposed as a pussy if didnt take it. That means less stock and less money to whore for.

Ad-hominem attacks are a sign you're an idiot. I did more than just attack your manhood, I attacked your poorly-stated opinions with factual information proving you were wrong. Crying about ad-hominem attacks is almost a certain sign of surrender by someone who is incapable of disputing any other part of the argument.

I don't disagree Conor is a natural LW. You some other guys that are natural LWs? Jose, Chad, Max, etc. You know who isn't a natural LW? Khabib, Tony, Kevin, etc.

The facts are everyone cuts a lot of weight, not just Conor. You cherry-picking only him to try and pretend he was beating up smaller fighters, and is now fighting fighters his size is not only completely factually inaccurate, it's pathetic. Conor made weight everytime, even championship weight when he did not have to. By the standards of the UFC, he is a FW as much as anyone else is. Khabib meanwhile has missed weight and cancelled fights because of his inability to properly cut the weight. That is someone who isn't a true LW by any measure.

And Conor had no obligation to come back. He has made significantly more money outside of MMA than inside a cage. He could've very well retired or even finished the trilogy with Nate. He could've went back to FW to fight people his own size. He decided to fight Khabib. It's well been past-time to stop bitching about Conor trying to look for the easy path. It's making you look more and more like a complete imbecile.

Yes. My standards apply to all. GSP did not deserve it more than Whittaker nor did he deserve it more than a Weidman or Jacare. Lol, if it helps you sleep at night. I approve of DC getting a shot at HW because he has an unblemished record there and left a title shot just for his boy Cain. Quickly, read my post and respond. Noooooo! Not my Conor!

More than Weidman who had lost three fights? Certainly not, but there was a couple guys only because the MW division had been left in a state where nobody was fighting each other and collecting wins that otherwise put them in high regard. The LW division did not have that. If you can actually specify certain fighters that deserved it more than Conor, I will happily debunk your myth.

Who gets title shots at HW is also completely irrelevant at this point.

Reminder : He is 70 million richer now. I bet you would break lots of promises if you won the powerball.

It is honest mate. Why not defend both belts? That suggests he was suggesting he would defend both.
Maybe it was his intention? Then 100 million dollars happened. I understand him.

More than Weidman who had lost three fights? Certainly not, but there was a couple guys only because the MW division had been left in a state where nobody was fighting each other and collecting wins that otherwise put them in high regard. The LW division did not have that. If you can actually specify certain fighters that deserved it more than Conor, I will happily debunk your myth.

Who gets title shots at HW is also completely irrelevant at this point.

It is still their division regardless of how they perform. That doesnt give a pass for someone to come and jump the line. Regardless of injuries and vacations, the next in line should get it next. Stop crying.

It is still their division regardless of how they perform. That doesnt give a pass for someone to come and jump the line. Regardless of injuries and vacations, the next in line should get it next. Stop crying.

Nope. There's nothing wrong with fighters jumping weight classes. Get over it.

Mendes was gassed on short notice. Holloway was green as weed and the Poirier win was legit. DC defended at LHW and was undefeated at HW. Man, I wish you were trolling.
HAHAHA. This post is fucking terrible in so many ways! You sound like such a pussy.

Regardless he'll definitely defend a belt this time around because he'll have no choice. He can't compete any higher than Lightweight or Welterweight, and if he's champion in either division everyone he faces is gonna be a title defense. Of course, his opponents will not always be "the most deserving" of a title shot most likely, but that's another issue.

The Money May drubbing was August of 2017. Canor is looking at over a year of inactivity since that exhibition. Pretty sure he could've defended at some point prior to getting stripped

And why do you think he did not? Were you even paying attention to anything that was going on? He wanted more money from the UFC. All of these idiots around here that claimed he was scared got embarrassed as soon as he got the deal he wanted he signed onto the toughest matchup possible. He always does. He is scared.

Wrong!!!

Right. What does besting bums like Mendes, Holloway and Poirier prove? They should take DC's HW title too. He didn't work his way through the division. Fucking UFC, amirite?
Holloway wasn't a contender. Mendes wasn't allowed to train. Poirier was ranked like #6 for some reason after losing to cub swanson before a 3 fight winning streak against mediocre competition.

DC had nobody else to fight really at LHW, and already had a world class HW resume.

Basically, the comparison is dumb.

And why do you think he did not? Were you even paying attention to anything that was going on? He wanted more money from the UFC. All of these idiots around here that claimed he was scared got embarrassed as soon as he got the deal he wanted he signed onto the toughest matchup possible. He always does. He is scared.

Wrong!!!
lol I'll take your word for it but it's still a knock on him for holding out and ultimately never defending. I guess the $100mm he already made in another sport entitled him to a new more lucrative UFC contract, defending the strap be damned

Come to think of it a contract dispute would've been a brilliant way to stall and hope Ferg picks off Khabib in the meantime

lol I'll take your word for it but it's still a knock on him for holding out and ultimately never defending. I guess the $100mm he already made in another sport entitled him to a new more lucrative UFC contract, defending the strap be damned

The window of opportunity to make a fortune in this sport is so small. Especially in the UFC when let’s face it you lose one fight and they take away a lot of your money. These guys have champions clauses in the contract that guarantees them a certain amount of money when they are champion. When they are not champion anymore they get a lot less. McGregor was and is in the position where the belt does not matter for him. His name is the biggest name in the sport. And he is making sure he is cashing out with all of his chips.

The window of opportunity to make a fortune in this sport is so small. Especially in the UFC when let’s face it you lose one fight and they take away a lot of your money. These guys have champions clauses in the contract that guarantees them a certain amount of money when they are champion. When they are not champion anymore they get a lot less. McGregor was and is in the position where the belt does not matter for him. His name is the biggest name in the sport. And he is making sure he is cashing out with all of his chips.

Wait so the UFC championship contract doesn't matter to him? So why then the prolonged UFC contract dispute?

Back