Reminder: McGregor is the GOAT

c0rbin9

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just a friendly reminder that we are witnessing history. This will become more clear over the next few decades as people step back and look at fighters' records/octagon performances. Nobody has beat the level of competition Conor has beaten as dominantly as he has. His record speaks for itself at this point, if you back up and compare it to the other GOAT contenders.

To some of us, this was clear from his first few fights in the UFC. Some people don't want to admit it because they don't like his attitude/persona, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. It is quite clear he has that special intangible quality that only comes around once in a generation - in his self belief, his complete overwhelming engagement with his opponent (both mental and physical), in his physical giftedness, and in his unique, highly developed fighting skills.

I myself was skeptical of Conor in the beginning. We all have our own ideas of what an all-time great fighter looks like - for myself, I thought maybe some dude from Brazil who has been training jiu jitsu and kickboxing his entire life, maybe a African American athlete - surely not some provincial kid from Dublin with a questionable sense of style? Yet it's true.

Last edited:
Just a friendly reminder that we are witnessing history. This will become more clear over the next few decades as people step back and look at fighters' records/octagon performances. Nobody has beat the level of competition Conor has beaten as dominantly as he has. His record speaks for itself at this point, if you back up and compare it to the other GOAT contenders.

To some of us, this was clear from his first few fights in the UFC. Some people don't want to admit it because they don't like his attitude/persona, but that doesn't mean it isn't true. It is quite clear he has that special intangible quality that only comes around once in a generation - in his self belief, his complete overwhelming engagement with his opponent (both mental and physical), in his physical giftedness, and in his unique, highly developed fighting skills.

I myself was skeptical of Conor in the beginning. We all have our own ideas of what an all-time great fighter looks like - for myself, I thought maybe some dude from Brazil who has been training jiu jitsu and kickboxing his entire life, maybe a African American athlete - surely not some provincial kid from Dublin with a questionable sense of style? Yet it's true.

Hrggghhh:
2017-06-23-21-27-03-.jpg

Conor is not investing the necessary work to even be considered.

He has potential. But it looks like he is going to waste it. From an MMA all time great point of view.

Go to bed you're drunk. Or really fucking stupid.

Never let history forget how foolish these nuthuggers were.

The GOAT ppl are as bad as the haters.

Just enjoy his fights and don't be such a emotional little bitch.

<{Heymansnicker}><21>
this didnt age well

Reminder: We had this topic a few times now.

Please try something new, less annoying.

Conor04.gif

These threads are like fine wine, they just get better with time.

Keep up the good work guys.

The difference a little over a year and reality make.

GSP lost to Matt Sera. Silva to weidman twice. Aldo to Conor. Fedor to Bigfoot silva, Werdum, Dan Henderson. Dominick Cruz lost to Cody. The list goes on and on.

All of them defended multiple times.

If he took the sport seriously, defended his belts, took rematches that didn't favor only himself...maybe yeah.

As of now, in many decades, he'll be the loudmouth who mastered weight cutting to beat much smaller men, and then did very poorly against opponents his own size.

Back