Reminder: Gegard Mousasi first top 3-4 UFC fighter to leave on a FIVE fight win streak.....

Mousasi vs Romero would have been cool, but Mousasi vs Shlemenko will be good too. Glad that Bellator is giving Mousasi their former champ as his first test instead of having him fight a bum. Shlemenko is no joke, and he has over 50 fights in his career.

Didn't fail.. hmm but everytime he faced top comp and was close to a title shot he lost.. Jacare.. Machida and even lost to Uriah hall.. I guess he beat of TRT and shot Dan Henderson/Belfort..

So the only legit top 5 fighter he beat in the UFC was Weidman by dodgy ref fuck up.. You guys give him way too much credit he left to earn the same money but not have to fight the likes of Rockhold.. Jacare.. Romero.. Whittaker.. Weidman again

Clearly u back him more the he backs himself.. he could quite easily earn more in UFC if he actually beat one of them and won the title

This is a little harsh, but it's 100% true. Mousasi is a great fighter, but he's one of those guys that attracts a delusional fan base.

Didn't fail.. hmm but everytime he faced top comp and was close to a title shot he lost.. Jacare.. Machida and even lost to Uriah hall.. I guess he beat of TRT and shot Dan Henderson/Belfort..

So the only legit top 5 fighter he beat in the UFC was Weidman by dodgy ref fuck up.. You guys give him way too much credit he left to earn the same money but not have to fight the likes of Rockhold.. Jacare.. Romero.. Whittaker.. Weidman again

Clearly u back him more the he backs himself.. he could quite easily earn more in UFC if he actually beat one of them and won the title
Thats just rich..lol. Bisping was 0 for 7 in contender fights before squeaking by a past his prime Anderson.
You reference 2 fights- one of them a close fight with machida where he actually outstruck Lyoto 66-37 and a fight he really shouldn't of taken so quick (his 1st fight back at 185 in several years and coming off back to back acl-tears).
He did lose to a hulking jacare (not the 'mini' jacare that Whitaker fought).

You're a fair guy.

I'd like to see more guys follow him that are on win streaks.

Thats just rich..lol. Bisping was 0 for 7 in contender fights before squeaking by a past his prime Anderson.
You reference 2 fights- one of them a close fight with machida where he actually outstruck Lyoto 66-37 and a fight he really shouldn't of taken so quick (his 1st fight back at 185 in several years and coming off back to back acl-tears).
He did lose to a hulking jacare (not the 'mini' jacare that Whitaker fought).

You're a fair guy.

Fair? Pretty much everyone knows Bisping probably loses to every top 5 guy.. That has nothing to do with my point about Gregard..

I just don't see him beating one of Whitaker.. Romero.. Jacare or even Machida.. Rockhold.. Weidman (again) and then beating whoever has that title after that probably GSP or Whitaker..

Obviously he feels the same.. otherwise he would stick around and become champ (and earn WAY more as a result then in bellator). Pretty sure he gets a TS with a win over Rockhold.

It's be cool to see if he could beat Weidman without controversy.

Weidman sucks dude. That whole fight he was trying to lay and pray.

He would have lost that fight regardless.

MMA judges don't reward lay and pray anymore.

He did. Weidman didn't know what month it was and would've eaten more knees
To be fair, Cain wrestled Congo to a victory off instinct. Cain was getting teed off on and has no memory of that fight.

Fair? Pretty much everyone knows Bisping probably loses to every top 5 guy.. That has nothing to do with my point about Gregard..

I just don't see him beating one of Whitaker.. Romero.. Jacare or even Machida.. Rockhold.. Weidman (again) and then beating whoever has that title after that probably GSP or Whitaker..

Obviously he feels the same.. otherwise he would stick around and become champ (and earn WAY more as a result then in bellator). Pretty sure he gets a TS with a win over Rockhold.
Lol...wtf-are you talking about ????
First off, UFC backpedaled as best as they could after Bellator offer and calling Gegard a "non draw" for 90 days.Their offer was "competitive " but not near the Bellator deal.

Secondly- he'd be favored over Whitaker and he'd be a SIGNIFICANT FAVORITE over machida in a re match,lol.The other names mentioned would hover around the pk'em line except for Weidman. He was already favored to beat him and went out AND DID BEAT HIM so he'd be favored over him.

So " you don't see him beating any of those names" is your opinion which your entitled to but I think Las Vegas knows a little bit more than you.....respectfully.

He was top 6. Don't church it up.

Bisping
Romero
Whittaker
Rockhold
Jacare
Weidman
Moose

Both moose and rory are championship calliber in the UFC.

Ref didn't fuck anything up. Weidman played dead and answered the wrong date on purpose, looking for a way out. And you're especially stupid to think he left UFC for any reason other than money and the opportunity to actually fight for a championship. Idiot.

Top 3-4? Man, that's being generous
Not really.

I see Mousasi having trouble with Romero and Jacare because of their grappling heavy style.

Rockhold is also a tough one, maybe 50-50 on that.

Whittaker and Bisping are very winnable fights for him as they are both standup fighters who are not as technically refined as he is. Mousasi is one of the not so many fighters that is an excellent boxer as well as an excellent kickboxer.

Not many other top fighters left outside those guys.

He was top 6. Don't church it up.

Bisping
Romero
Whittaker
Rockhold
Jacare
Weidman
Moose
Uh....NO.Id bet my life ON THE FACT that Mousasi was ranked #4 in UFC rankings before the 90 day brain fart of the new UFC

Both moose and rory are championship calliber in the UFC.
...and Coker pretty smart so this talk of Rory going up to 185 early next year to fight Gegard won't happen.Im fairly certain Rory wouldn't do that anyways. Bellator adds some more elite fighters and we could be seeing STRIKEFORCE in reverse (evolving instead of regressing)

Always thought the guy was special, always seen his name come up and saw he had a fantastic record before ever stepping foot in the UFC octagon. Then had a very good record in UFC so obviously he was something special. An above average journeyman, in the least. He will be a Bellator champion, I have no doubt.

Top 3-4? Man, that's being generous

At the time he was probably 4 or 5.

EDit:

Wikipedia said:
At the moment of his departure from UFC in July 2017, he was #4 in the official UFC middleweight rankings.

So num 4 it was. Top 3 is sort of a big jump from 4 and below though, IMO. So 4-5 is probably better than saying 3-4.

Uh....NO.Id bet my life ON THE FACT that Mousasi was ranked #4 in UFC rankings before the 90 day brain fart of the new UFC
I would put 1K down that when Weidman and Mousasi fought they were ranked 5th and 4th respectively

Back