Reminder: Ariel Helwani thinks MMA shouldn't be called Violent

imagine making threads about lukewarm takes from journalists in October of last year

imagine making threads about lukewarm takes from journalists in October of last year

imagine making posts imagining about making threads about lukewarm takes from journalists in October of last year

I get what he's saying.

I care more for the art, the skill and technique part of the sport then the violent aspect, even though it goes hand in hand.

I dont care for someone getting punched in the face after being KO'd like Hendo did to Bisping and Ngannou to Overeem. People who like violence like most of sherdog do appreciate this though.

They allow women, child sized and BJJ type to participate. Can't be too violent for those who want to be a part of cool club.

i think the key word is "promote"
we all agree MMA is violent. it's combat. we are all fans of "violence" here
but to promote it to a mainstream audience, especially with what's going on in the country, i think "violence" wouldn't be the best word either
i think that's where his debate lies
i respect Ariel, he's annoying, but he's legitimized MMA journalism to a certain extent. i do believe he loves the sport like the rest of us do.

It is violent.

That's what it is but the fans that can't handle the violence seriously need to fuck off and stop accepting all these early stoppages.

TBF he's never trained a day in his life so he doesn't know how violent that shit really feels!

i think the key word is "promote"
we all agree MMA is violent. it's combat. we are all fans of "violence" here
but to promote it to a mainstream audience, especially with what's going on in the country, i think "violence" wouldn't be the best word either
i think that's where his debate lies
i respect Ariel, he's annoying, but he's legitimized MMA journalism to a certain extent. i do believe he loves the sport like the rest of us do.

That's what he was trying to frame it as, but then when Luke Thomas said he enjoyed the violent aspect Helwani was acting so surprised and shocked.

Goddamn, I know some of you don't read so good but you can't even watch the clip, lol. It's a viable point of discussion in terms of how you promote the sport.

It is violent.

That's what it is but the fans that can't handle the violence seriously need to fuck off and stop accepting all these early stoppages.

I'll take an early stoppage over a late one all the time, every time.

Reminder: most people don't care about the things Ariel says

But yeah, football, boxing, MMA and even lacrosse are violent at times

Goddamn, I know some of you don't read so good but you can't even watch the clip, lol. It's a viable point of discussion in terms of how you promote the sport.

I'll take an early stoppage over a late one all the time, every time.

You didn't watch the whole video then. Helwani acts SHOCKED that Luke Thomas says the sport is violent and he enjoys the violence in it.

Reminder:

Sherdoggers obsess over Ariel Helwani like their lives depend on it

Reminder:

Sherdoggers obsess over Ariel Helwani like their lives depend on it

this is probably the first thread I've ever made about Ariel Helwani

reminder: guys with 29,791 posts on sherdog should never talk about anybody else being obsessed with anything.

Not everyone needs to like MMA, and those who are a part of it don't need to make believe it ain't violent. Because it is.

It's a sport, but it's a violent sport. Deal with it.
Enough with this reasoning damn it!!

Is it so hard to just do your job (journalist) without the editorial sjw BS? cuz you have 'fame' does not make you better than anyone else

Cmon, it's not violent. It's just play fighting.

F598rL1.gif

nuWqhzT.gif
Harmless love taps!

Back