Reminder: Anderson Silva has been wanting to fight McGregor for more than two years

Venom

Lurker since '09
@Silver
Reaction score
McGregor didn't call for the Silva fight. It's just silly.

Sad old man Silva said in March 2016 that he wanted to "test himself" against Conor McGregor, in which case he should've went to spar with him instead, imo.
In an interview with Combate, Silva revealed he would like to take on "The Notorious", as he believes he would be a good challenge for him. Plus, he would also like to rematch Nick Diaz and Michael Bisping.

Anderson Silva said:
That's a challenge I would like to do. I've never asked to fight anybody, but I would like to test my martial arts skills against Conor McGregor. I think McGregor is a great striker, but he didn't do very well in his last fight because he played into Nate Diaz's game and that's really hard. The Diaz brothers have a lot of gas. You have to respect him, the loss to Diaz doesn't diminish his career at all.
We could do a catchweight. He said we would fight anybody, anywhere. I think a catchweight would be interesting for the sport, for me and for him.

<31><31>

Trying to make that Anderson Silva money.

McGregor didn't call for the Silva fight. It's just silly.

Sad old man Silva said in March 2016 that he wanted to "test himself" against Conor McGregor, in which case he should've went to spar with him instead, imo.

<31><31>

I think Anderson should move on with this matchup and challenge Mighty Mouse.

Hopefully in january and the winner fights Jones/Gus winner.

Last time Anderson was relevant was in 2013.

Cut him and let him fight on the Chuck Vs Tito 3 undercard.

I like how people claim GSP ducked Anderson. Too bad Anderson wasn't man enough to move down and fight GSP at welterweight, all this while asking to fight a FW/LW for two years.

I like how people claim GSP ducked Anderson. Too bad Anderson wasn't man enough to move down and fight GSP at welterweight, all this while asking to fight a FW/LW for two years.
To be fair it was more possible for him to move up then it was for Silva to move down. Silva is a pretty big MW. Can't blame GSP though if he can really make LW he has no business at MW anyways. Stylistically Bisping was a fight he couldn't pass up. For Silva to call out someone who made FW is a little pathetic IMO and at this point he doesn't deserve that money fight.

Their both washed up and think their still in their prime. Let em have it

Probably the best fight Conor can take from a PR/tune-up standpoint

Both of them wanting this fight is equally ridiculous

Anabolic steroid abusing former lhw calls out former fw to come fight him at 180lbs...

Lol Anderson really gives zero fucks about his legacy. This is the most pathetic callout in mma history. Maybe he can test himself against cm punk next.

Last time Anderson was relevant was in 2013.

Cut him and let him fight on the Chuck Vs Tito 3 undercard.
I always wanted to see Anderson/Chuck. Preferably in their primes but wouldn't complain if I got to see it in their twilight years.

A striker wanting to fight a striker? Who could've imagined that?

Back