Remigijus Morkevičius Passed Away

John Wilde

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It looks like Lithuanian Combat Sports Pioneer Remigijus Morkevicius passed away today.
I found the information on social media and confirmed it with a couple news sources.

http://www.delfi.lt/news/daily/crim...zinomas-kovotojas-r-morkevicius.d?id=73240334

http://zmones.lrytas.lt/veidai-ir-v...gedeti-liko-netrukus-gimdysianti-mylimoji.htm

From what I can tell he was shot.
His girl is expecting soon too.

I will always appreciate his exciting and aggressive fighting style.

Rest in Peace Remigijus

Damn.

I know he had a lot of legal issues the last few years and I think alcohol issues. It's a shame, one of my favorites from the early ZST days.

RIP

Last edited:
wow, that's too bad. it was tough to hear that he was having issues recently.

one of my favorite old highlights of a great era of MMA that features morkevicius:

A name I haven't heard in a while but immediately recognized :( may he R.I.P

8 months ago he was arrested for beating foreigner while being drunk after that he promised to the press he will never drink again. Last 3 weeks he was training hard for the return and yesterday after returning home from a training session he was shot just a moment he stepped out of a car. Some people say it was just matter of time to happen this. Police also claimed he had connections with some mafia members. Sadly he had 3 little kids and he's girlfriend just a about to give a birth for the 4th.

Last edited:
Shitty news. Was Lithuania's best for a while.

I just saw this on the ZST twitter. RIP to one of the most entertaining fighters in the history of fighting who produced one of my favorite highlight videos of all time:

he seems like a ass he kicked a woman in the head, remember.

however Mafia comes Mafia go. Gotta play by the rules

Damn. I was hoping for a Mork comeback for years. Feel terrible for his girl and the kids. RIP.

Damn, can't say I'm too surprised or sad. Everything I ever heard about the guy pointed towards him being a piece of shit.

Damn, that's terrible news. I don't post often in the Worldwide MMA forum, but he was mentioned in at least half of those posts. RIP

Seems like he had spoken to a few of the ZST guys about his return. Tokoro made a blog post about how Mork changed his life, basically crediting him with giving ZST legitimacy which led to Tokoro being brought in for HERO'S, and he wanted to have Mork hold his baby next time he was in Japan.

Dude was a savage in the ring.

Back