Remembering the insanity of December 10 2016

Oh snap, you're right, this would make today my one year anniversary as a Max Holloway fan. That was my first PPV following Blessed, been a fan ever since. He was the third fighter that got me more into the UFC, I still remember that post fight interview "Dana White, that's 50 K, this man never been stopped before" and walked off like an absolute savage.

f2664f8d93b8e942a8915116ad6c30c0

December 10th is a day to remember indeed, thanks TS, hadn't even occurred to me. It was also this day last year where I knew, Gold would be Holloways.

Blessed Era!

What the fuck... people still think 206 sucked after the fact because it lacked names on paper? The fights turned out to be insane, and if you're an actual fan, it was exciting on paper aswell. It had a triple header feel for me
If a ppv delivers 3 + great fights, it’s a success imo

Least I didn't mention hitting up the servo in the avo and grabbing some Maccas, gettin on the piss always seems to throw them for a loop too.
And then mosey'd on over to the pub lookin a root some shielas, picked up some bickies off a sketcy lebbo, got fair dinkum off chops then some bogan cunts from out dubbo ways started a blue before the coppers bust in, pretty fucked night eh, heaps good but.

Made
A ton of money betting Max that night

Thanks Hawaii!

December 10 2016 (december 11th for me in Australia) was truly a day where my commitment to combat sports was tested.
It all started at 7:00am in the morning with Anthony Joshua creaming Eric Molina in the 3rd round to retain the IBF heavyweight Title. (watched on cable subscription through fox sports EDIT: watched on Jadoo 4 tv not fox sports)

After this at around 9 or 10, probably the biggest kickboxing match ever happened when Rico Verhoeven vs Badr Hari went to war. It was insane fans fuckin stormed the ring to support Hari. The match was awesome but had a very anticlimatic finish with badr breaking his arm. (i think i bought this on UFC app can't remember)

After this you had a boxing card with Abner Mares-Jesus Cuellar for WBA featherweight belt (did not watch this), but watched Jermall Charlo knock out Julian Williams in the 5th to retain IBF junior middleweight title

(streamed this, go ahead judge me)

Before UFC 206 you had a bellator kickboxing card which featured the best kickboxer on earth Georgio "The Doctor" Petroysan disect some english scrub. This was around 12 or 1
(streamed this as well)

At 2pm Then you had a triple header with bellator 168 (average card) only watched the Sakara beltran fight, (streamed this on ipad)

UFC 206 which honestly was for me the best event of the year, bought this on cable ppv as i am a huge holloway fan
View attachment 311011

And you had an undefeated, undisputed and one of the most highly regarded boxers of today Terrence Crawford light up John Molina Jr for 8 rounds (streamed on ipad). The Molina's had a bad day across the globe it seems.

Finally after all this it capped off with the last event at 5:30pm on fox sports featuring Joseph Parker earning a boring decision over Any Ruiz to win the vacant WBO heavyweight title and the first New Zealander to win a major belt in boxing.

It finished around 7pm.

I watched 3 different combat sports for a total of 12 hours. It was mentally exhausting, i was honestly so done by the Petroysan match but the Gastelum match brought me back then Joseph Parker killed the night for me.

Overall it was insane fellow sherdoggers.

EDIT: Short Version
December 10 2016 featured
  • Heavyweight title fight with Anthony Johsua
  • Heavyweight title fight with Joseph Parker
  • Bellator 168
  • Bellator kickboxing with "THE DOCTOR" himself
  • Biggest kickboxing match ever with the young lion Rico vs the legend Bari
  • UFC 206 an amazing main card with timeless fights
  • Terence Crawford showcasing why he is one of the best boxers today and two other boxing title matches.

You're a scrub for not knowing who Jordan Watson is

And while all this was happening I was at work lol, UFC 206 was a great card really enjoyed watching the replay haha

Back