Remembering amazing fights which are rarely talked about.. and your favourite moment in them.

Meh.
That is only what happened on Conor fanboy's eyes.

While I was impressed that Conor got out on first round, that moment was merely a realization that Mendes gas tank was finally empty.

Conor blasting him in the gut over and over again never had a factor in it mate nah?

Conor blasting him in the gut over and over again never had a factor in it mate nah?
Sorry, man but this is a very stupid excuse.
Conor did not invent gut hitting.
Mendes has been hit before, in other fights, and NEVER gassed in the first round.

If you can't recognize that absolutely no camp was what did Mendes, then you are a lot more biased than you think yourself to be. And I mean A LOT MORE!

Dude, that might be an old fight by now, but TS is talking about obscure fights, that were amazing but never got the attention it deserved.
People bring that fight up all the time, not really the point of the thread.

For me is Lauzon x Ruediger.
Lauzon fucked up Ruediger like he owned him money, tried to shake his hands afterwards, which Ruediger denied, than Lauzon shrugged and went on to celebrate.

12479-LauzonRuedigerUFC118-053.jpg
Why did I only bet $5?!?!?lauzon.jpg

Sorry, man but this is a very stupid excuse.
Conor did not invent gut hitting.
Mendes has been hit before, in other fights, and NEVER gassed in the first round.

If you can't recognize that absolutely no camp was what did Mendes, then you are a lot more biased than you think yourself to be. And I mean A LOT MORE!

First off, did you not see Chad gas against Lentz because I did
The rest of his fights barring Aldo were beatdown squash matches anyway
And let's be real here
Chad was on some hot sauce for that fight

First off, did you not see Chad gas against Lentz because I did
The rest of his fights barring Aldo were beatdown squash matches anyway
And let's be real here
Chad was on some hot sauce for that fight
he might... but he had zero gas before the fight.
So he was desperate.

If that fight was easy as you claim, Conor would have rematched him in the name of "fairness "(and for a big fat check).
But he knew better.

So you guys close your eyes to the fact he fought a no-camp mendes, and worse, make a claim that "see? he fought a great wrestler!!!"

Sorry, but your blindness does not work on anyone with common sense.

Silva/ Bisping might be my favorite fight of all time and I don't really know why. The moment Anderson pretended not to understand English that the fight wasnt over get the hell off the cage I knew Bisping would win and the dude had just been savagely Ko'd I don't know how he found his corner. Don't know why Anderson didn't fight rounds 4 or 5 but still entertaining af.

Silva/ Bisping might be my favorite fight of all time and I don't really know why. The moment Anderson pretended not to understand English that the fight wasnt over get the hell off the cage I knew Bisping would win and the dude had just been savagely Ko'd I don't know how he found his corner. Don't know why Anderson didn't fight rounds 4 or 5 but still entertaining af.
He threw everything plus the kitchen sink at Bisping in the 5th. Bisping just survived. I was more impressed that Bisping came out in the 4th after eating that nuclear knee and won the round.

some fights I don't think have been mentioned yet:

Mark Hominick vs Yves Jabouin (WEC) - Fast and technical striking match for most of the fight, with Yves getting a little flashy every now and then. Ends with dramatic back-and-forth near finishes in the second round.

Josh Neer vs Mac Danzig - This is probably the best I remember Josh Neer looking. He was just super aggressive, but technical, at every moment in this fight. Mac looked good too, but just didn't seem to have the same finishing ability on that night. Good striking match, great scrambles and aggessive submission-focused grappling.

Mark Munoz vs Aaron Simpson - The best example of a good wrestler vs wrestler match in my opinion. Competetive wrestling scrambles and brutal clinch striking.

Go for it and call me a Conor fan boy
I don't even like the prick

But that moment in he Chad mendes fight
Where every single person said he was gonna get wrestle fucked

When he rolled out of that choke, stood up and nodded at Chad like, ok it's over now
Then smashed him with that 1-2
With his ridiculous long left hand
And left him out cold in front of all his boys that thought Conor was a hype job

Epic moment

That's a cool story except for the part where Chad was never out cold

One of my favorites was when Leben got the comeback submission win over Akiyama after fighting just two weeks earlier.

Great fight. The Arron Simpson fight 2 weeks earlier was great too.

Edgar is Tyson Griffin was great too, and Guita vs Huerta. Guita vs Sanchez too actually

he might... but he had zero gas before the fight.
So he was desperate.

If that fight was easy as you claim, Conor would have rematched him in the name of "fairness "(and for a big fat check).
But he knew better.

So you guys close your eyes to the fact he fought a no-camp mendes, and worse, make a claim that "see? he fought a great wrestler!!!"

Sorry, but your blindness does not work on anyone with common sense.

Where did you buy your tinfoil hat from
Bro

Couture/Sylvia. That first leg kick fient into an overhand causing the roof to go off the place was amazing.

He was on ice

He was hurt but still consious and walking around just fine within seconds of the stoppage. He was stubbling more on his way back to the corner after being saved by the bell in the first Rd against Aldo then he was at the end of that one.

He was hurt but still consious and walking around just fine within seconds of the stoppage. He was stubbling more on his way back to the corner after being saved by the bell in the first Rd against Aldo then he was at the end of that one.

Ima have to agree to disagree my man

Dude, that might be an old fight by now, but TS is talking about obscure fights, that were amazing but never got the attention it deserved.
People bring that fight up all the time, not really the point of the thread.

For me is Lauzon x Ruediger.
Lauzon fucked up Ruediger like he owned him money, tried to shake his hands afterwards, which Ruediger denied, than Lauzon shrugged and went on to celebrate.

12479-LauzonRuedigerUFC118-053.jpg

That was one of the worst maulings I have ever seen. At one point, Lauzon just picked him up and tossed him to the mat like a sack of garbage.

GSP vs Frank Trigg - GSP used to be so aggressive and was amazing to watch.

Back