Remembering amazing fights which are rarely talked about.. and your favourite moment in them.

Gomi vs Kawajiri is one of the most exciting fights of all time. Has a little bit of everything: wrestling, striking, grappling. Fast paced, big finish, tournament fight. People forget at the time this fight was for the #1 LW on earth.

Many Alvarez fights back in the day. His DREAM run was incredible.

Alvarez entered complete dog fights against Hansen and Kawajiri. This is when I learned what Alvarez was all about: Trade in the pocket, get rocked, get up, rock the opponent. Repeat until someone dies.

Loved it.

Some more off the top of my head -
Cowboy vs Cote
Wonderboy vs Cote (damn that chin)
Silva vs Bisping
Zingano vs Nunes
Rodriguez vs Rosa

Joachim Hansen had some crazy fights back in the day. I can't remember who it was over, but he had one of the most brutal knee KOs I've ever seen. Maybe Luiz Azerado?
Aldo vs Mendes II was a war that everyone seems to have forgotten.
I seem to remember Bendo vs Varner being a dog fight, but I haven't seen it in years.

Steve Bosse vs Sean O'Connell. Was pretty much the LHW version of Melendez vs Sanchez. So much power and aggression back and forth, amazing that it went to a decision.

First one that came to mind. I've shown this fight to a few friends who are casuals and they were really into it.

Oh, and I saw the Melendez/Sanchez fight live, it was on the Cain/JDS III card here in Houston. It was a crazy atmosphere! <{JustBleed}>

Gonzaga vs crocop. Crocop was the #1 or #2 heavyweight, depending on who you were asking at the time. Betting odds were massively in favor of Crocop because of pride bias. This fight wasn't only a big money maker but also exposed the pride bias to those that were paying attention and made other pride vs UFC fights a good bet. Huge fight for betting fans that will probably never happen again.

Dom Cruz vs Silly Dilly a great technical war one of my favorite fights ever
Blachowicz vs Manuwa 2 that fight was a war if poirier-gaethje and bobby-yoel 2 never happened that fight would've been fight of the year .

Wasn’t Fitch vs Diego a pretty cool ground fight?

Andrei Arlovski x Travis Browne: I know why it isn't talked about much, it's pretty much a 3 min brawl,but it was universally loved. My favorite moment was the AA back hand hahaha. Watching Travis get his shit pushed in so comically was fun, and AA making a Cinderella like career comeback.

Beniel Dariush x Edson Barboza: Don't know why I'm a Dariush fan. Seems to really embody the flow fighter mantra. He's like a Diaz bro, finds the path of least resistance, but he looks more effortless in his approach. Now in this fight, I just didn't expect for Dariush to be so successful in the stand up. The fact that Dariush was 2-0 heading into the 3rd of a striking battle was amazing. And even though my boy lost, the KO was amazing too. Nice fight.

Max Holloway x Will Chope: Will isn't some amazing fighter, but just to watch him step in the cage with Max was amazing, the guy is 6'4 (considering Max is already considered big for the weight class). Max chopped him down like a tree, earning a TKO in the second.

Belcher vs Paul Harris:

Thanks for the reminder, OP. This link has a decent version of the full fight -https://tvuol.uol.com.br/video/ufc-on-fox-3--rousimar-palhares-x-alan-belcher-0402CD1B3770D0B92326

I was there drunk off my ass for Condit/Hendricks. God bless pre-USADA Hendricks.

Neil Magny vs Lombard. Amazing fight. How many fights can you say "Man that fight should be stopped Fighter A isn't even intelligently defending themselves" only to say a round or 2 later "Man that was a late stoppage Fighter B wasn't intelligently defending themselves" went both ways was awesome to watch.

I agree that it was a great fight and a great comeback, but Magny was always intelligently defending himself, which is why the fight was never stopped. Yes, he was getting hit a lot, but he was always looking to improve his position and get out of that spot. If you ask me, that's a far more intelligent defense then holding your arms in front of your face and hoping the other fighter gets tired, even if it means you're getting hit more at the moment.

Nogueira Couture easily.

The combo Nog lands on Randy to drop him and immediately attacks with the D'arce. Randy and Nog trading strikes in single collae thai. Nogueira sweeping Couture from guard to mount.

All-time great fight
I absolutely loved that fight. It was one of those fights that I was standing on my feet screaming ar the TV watching.

Matt Grice vs Dennis Bermudez, the whole damn thing. One of the best fights I've ever seen still to this day, doesn't get as much recognition as the bigger name fights but anyone who has watched this fight knows just how damn good it was.

Multiple momentum swings on both sides, multiple knockdowns, multiple near finishes, zombie mode everything. This fight was the Shogun vs Hendo of the lighter weights imo, both guys will always have a special place in my heart.

Sad Matt Grice career ended the way it did, but he couldn't have had a better swan song to the sport.

Go for it and call me a Conor fan boy
I don't even like the prick

But that moment in he Chad mendes fight
Where every single person said he was gonna get wrestle fucked

When he rolled out of that choke, stood up and nodded at Chad like, ok it's over now
Then smashed him with that 1-2
With his ridiculous long left hand
And left him out cold in front of all his boys that thought Conor was a hype job

Epic moment
Meh.
That is only what happened on Conor fanboy's eyes.

While I was impressed that Conor got out on first round, that moment was merely a realization that Mendes gas tank was finally empty.

Back