Remembering amazing fights which are rarely talked about.. and your favourite moment in them.

Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage 2. Silva hits him with a good 8-9 knees straight then leaves him ko and limp between the ropes. Epic rivalry

Dustin Poirier v Jonathan Brookins. It had a nice little brawl before ending by sub in the 1st round. Brookins IIRC looked good on the feet

Go for it and call me a Conor fan boy
I don't even like the prick

But that moment in he Chad mendes fight
Where every single person said he was gonna get wrestle fucked

When he rolled out of that choke, stood up and nodded at Chad like, ok it's over now
Then smashed him with that 1-2
With his ridiculous long left hand
And left him out cold in front of all his boys that thought Conor was a hype job

Epic moment
Mendes was never out cold. That’s not what happened.

giphy.gif

Not talked about enough. Pretty awesome fight with all time great finish. -Multiple knockdowns before that.

CriminalDeepBorderterrier-size_restricted.gif

Brown-Wonderboy was a great fight (on the prelims) where Matt momentarily ended the hype train of Thompson. Lots of wild brawling in the second round.

Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage 2. Silva hits him with a good 8-9 knees straight then leaves him ko and limp between the ropes. Epic rivalry

Dude, that might be an old fight by now, but TS is talking about obscure fights, that were amazing but never got the attention it deserved.
People bring that fight up all the time, not really the point of the thread.

For me is Lauzon x Ruediger.
Lauzon fucked up Ruediger like he owned him money, tried to shake his hands afterwards, which Ruediger denied, then Lauzon shrugged and went on to celebrate.

12479-LauzonRuedigerUFC118-053.jpg

Last edited:
Steve Bosse vs Sean O'Connell. Was pretty much the LHW version of Melendez vs Sanchez. So much power and aggression back and forth, amazing that it went to a decision.

Dude, that might be an old fight by now, but TS is talking about obscure fights, that were amazing but never got the attention it deserved.
People bring that fight up all the time, not really the point of the thread.

For me is Lauzon x Ruediger.
Lauzon fucked up Ruediger like he owned him money, tried to shake his hands afterwards, which Ruediger denied, than Lauzon shrugged and went on to celebrate.

12479-LauzonRuedigerUFC118-053.jpg

I felt that fit the criteria. But if thats the case Jeremy Horn vs Gilbert Yvel was a great fight at Pride 21 though one I felt Yvel got robbed in

Wanderlei vs Brian Stann
crazy brawl

plus wand wanking in the cage was hilarious :D

Neil Magny vs Lombard. Amazing fight. How many fights can you say "Man that fight should be stopped Fighter A isn't even intelligently defending themselves" only to say a round or 2 later "Man that was a late stoppage Fighter B wasn't intelligently defending themselves" went both ways was awesome to watch.

Condit vs Ellenberger, stage 1 of Condits iron chin and determination, it only got better the longer his career went.

Usman vs Meek was actually pretty good back and forth though a clear win for Usman.

Ortega vs Guida
Rothwell vs Mittrione
Maia vs Weidman
Cain vs Werdum
Johnson vs Elkins

Plenty of others. Some of those were great fights that are pretty talked about but not about how good a fight It was ala Cain vs Werdum.

Nogueira Couture easily.

The combo Nog lands on Randy to drop him and immediately attacks with the D'arce. Randy and Nog trading strikes in single collae thai. Nogueira sweeping Couture from guard to mount.

All-time great fight
This gets overlooked because they were both a bit past their prime, but they both delivered - an incredible fight. That sweep was poetic.

Rampage v Hendo gets mentioned from time to time, but doesn't get the credit it deserves. It was a war and the only reason it went to a decision is that these were two of the toughest guys ever to get in the octagon.

Poppies Martinez vs Cole Escovedo was awesome until the injury stopping the fight.

BJ Penn vs Sean Sherk - BJ explaining that Sherk is done
Takanori Gomi vs Nick Diaz - just watch :)

Joachim Hansen vs Hayato Sakurai, those grappling exchanges are a thing of beauty

Karo-Diego, Ellenburger-Diego, Nick- Diego.

Not an amazing fight but I love watching JDS vs Yvel. That slip and left hook which led to the finish is a thing of beauty.

Rampage vs Wand 2

Because of how the fight ended prime think Rampage got smoked. It was a back and forth fight with Rampage dropping Wand in the first.

Rampage vs Hendo
Extremely underrated fight between 2 champs at the time. 5 round war that nullified any argument that Rampage didn't have a well rounded game. He was suppose to have to the striking advantage but he out wrestled Hendo and took a decision.

Back