Remembering amazing fights which are rarely talked about.. and your favourite moment in them.

MMA fan93

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ill start..

Charles Oliveira vs Hatsu Hioki -
This fight is a grappling fan's wet dream, and im surprised to see this one rarely mentioned on here.. the first round scrambles were insane, and the choke Oliveira got him with to finish was one I've never seen since.

Looking forward to hearing yours, Sherbros.

PS. Totally expect nate choking out Conor and holly headkick Ronda gifs in the first page.

Conor getting choked out by Nate.

I know it's talked about all the time, couldn't help myself.

simsmir.gif

1405009137joeson_vice.gif

Joakim Hansen vs Azeredo. Epic fight. Epic finish. Never spoken about on Sherdog

Maia - MacDonald. Solid grappling.

Ill start..

Charles Oliveira vs Hatsu Hioki -
This fight is a grappling fan's wet dream, and im surprised to see this one rarely mentioned on here.. the first round scrambles were insane, and the choke Oliveira got him with to finish was one I've never seen since.

Looking forward to hearing yours, Sherbros.

PS. Totally expect nate choking out Conor and holly headkick Ronda gifs in the first page.
Allan Goes vs SAKU GOAT...

Creative striking from Allan in the butt scoot position...

Go for it and call me a Conor fan boy
I don't even like the prick

But that moment in he Chad mendes fight
Where every single person said he was gonna get wrestle fucked

When he rolled out of that choke, stood up and nodded at Chad like, ok it's over now
Then smashed him with that 1-2
With his ridiculous long left hand
And left him out cold in front of all his boys that thought Conor was a hype job

Epic moment

Karo Parisian vs Matt Serra. 2 of my favs collided and it was incredible. Serra murdered Karo with an overhand that folded him, survives and the two of them have a war. Near ko, judo throws, Serra somehow escapes an armbar etc. Super exciting match and showcases most of mma in one match

One of my favorites was when Leben got the comeback submission win over Akiyama after fighting just two weeks earlier.

Maia - MacDonald. Solid grappling.
I‘ll throw Rockhold-Boetsch in.

Of course Boetsch was outmatched, yet Rockhold‘s transitions and impossible squeeze make this one exciting to watch.

Nogueira Couture easily.

The combo Nog lands on Randy to drop him and immediately attacks with the D'arce. Randy and Nog trading strikes in single collar thai. Nogueira sweeping Couture from guard to mount.

All-time great fight

Last edited:
I‘ll throw Rockhold-Boetsch in.

Of course Boetsch was outmatched, yet Rockhold‘s transitions and impossible squeeze make this one exciting to watch.
That was awesome. Made me a Rockhold fan for sure

Thie first fight between Hunt and Bigfoot. It is my favorite HW fight of all times. An insane bloodboth between two actual close friends!!

Guy Mezger against Chuck, Wanderlei, anyone really. Such a technical fighter with a fighting style that was pleasing to the eye. Shame he got knocked out in those fights, he was missing just that bit of extra power at LHW. He could have been one of the greats. Shame he got a stroke.

Ellenberger Condit
Bermudez vs anybody

lots of fights in the WEC era are completely unheralded.

If Cerrone vs Benson 1 was in the UFC, it would be remembered as a GOAT fight.

Ngannou vs Lewis. It was like a chess match!

Back