Remember when Weidman fans were clamoring for a Jones vs Weidman "super fight"?

Remember when Jones wasn't a drug addicted, PED using adulterer who needed dick pills before the age of 30?
Remember when only girls brought old shit constantly and men actually possessed the ability to move on?

Jones did not want that fight, and being scared had shit to do with it. Sonnen got that fight by tapping into the latent racism of MMA fans and it worked. I'm sick and fucking tired of people acting like Jones campaigned to fight Sonnen.
The hell are you even talking about? Nobody said Jones asked for the fight, but that was the fight that happened and it shouldn't have.

lol was just about to start a thread about this. Weidman fans were reaching hard

At that point in time, Weidman was likely going to put up a better fight.

He was younger, stronger, very confident, gas tank was better and had his faculties about him.

No one knows how Weidman would look at 205. That said Jones would likely win. More interested in Jones vs. DC 2 though.

Jones was running out of guys to job to him and Weidman had a good streak going and looked practically unbeatable at 185. Is normal.

Most did certainly not think Weidman would win.

Also he slept Anderson was undefeated, he looked like he was a killer at that time.

It was an exciting match up.

Weidman looked like a solid, well rounded, and disciplined fighter who was always a bad match-up for Anderson, and was an even worse match-up when they met due to the age discrepancy.

That's all he ever looked like.

He never looked like a "killer."

Remember when Conor starched Aldo and people thought CM was invincible?

Remember Conor lost his next fight and people said he was overrated?

Remember when Conor won the rematch and then became the LW champion and people again are saying he's invincible?

My point: perception changes from fight to fight. When people were clamouring for that fight Weidman was undefeated and had just beaten Maia, Munoz, Anderson x 2, Lyoto, and Vitor in that order. It actually made sense at the time but I would call it more of a really good matchup rather than super fight.

MMA fans are like mayflies.

All that matters is RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

I think they should be called MMAflies.

And I will start calling people that immediately.

I do.

Weidman seemed different back then. And if Chael got a shot, why not.

Yeah, I agree. Weidman still had his witts back then. He's carrying some serious brain damage these days.

Back